Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Hangover Cures.

Hangover Cures.

Was at a house warming this weekend and had a few too many. Would quite like to crawl into a corner and die but seeing as that's not a very desirable option i will ask you guys, what is your hangover remedy/cure of choice?
    Everyone seems to have one, strong coffee and panadol doesn't work for me neither does an overbearing sense of shame so i'm out of ideas haha.

Please help this delightful idiot out

thankyou

Hangovers mostly dehydration in my experience. Tomato juice is a winner when I can stomach it, otherwise any of those "electrolyte" sports drinks (powerade, mizone) helps. For me, it's mostly about restoring fluids and salts.

We used to open up the oxygen on the oxy-acetalene plant and breath the O2.

O2 is a very good hangover cure.
    Check out how many nurses go off for "a breather" next time your in hospital
    mattdw and Dougie like this.
    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh

Re: Hangover Cures.

Haha used to do the o2 thing aswell. The cure for a hangover is dont get one. Amazing how good you feel if you skull a couple glasses of water and a couple panadol before you coma out. Tomato juice is good too. Im old now once im hungover im fucked for at least a day

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I'm 18 but i get them REALLY bad (mainly due to alot of chemical exposure in my early teens) and it goes on for days >_< panadol dosent work for me at all and i dont really have acsess to o2 so i will try the tomato juice out

I am not a big drinker (read: lightweight) so don't really drink enough to get hung over. On the few occations that I have, I've chucked up my guts before hitting the sack anyway. Then seem to drink an ocean of water throughout the night

Every day I drink up to six drink bottles of water anyway. Also treat yourself to a tub of poweraid. It's about $14 or so at the supermarket. Always good to have handy!
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Shit the joys of drinking far to much alcehmehole & not consuming enough H2O or food + sleep = Sorry HANGOVER

I used to find Iceblocks a good pick me up, I once ate 9 in 3 hours
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

Banned
    get your hunting gear on the morning after an find the biggest muther fu@king hill and hunt it! youll fell one hundy at the end of the day!
    Philipo, EeeBees and wiredkiwis like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckshot View Post
    get your hunting gear on the morning after an find the biggest muther fu@king hill and hunt it! youll fell one hundy at the end of the day!
    The other half's solution to any sickness is to run a marathon and try not to think about what spectators are thinking of you and the fluids running out of your face...haha.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Also Neckshot you know the Army's hang over cures Totem, Waitangi and PT hill!

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    I am not a big drinker (read: lightweight) so don't really drink enough to get hung over. On the few occations that I have, I've chucked up my guts before hitting the sack anyway. Then seem to drink an ocean of water throughout the night

Every day I drink up to six drink bottles of water anyway. Also treat yourself to a tub of poweraid. It's about $14 or so at the supermarket. Always good to have handy!
    $14 is like a weeks food for me O_O haha

DAF
    I used to mix up about 2+ litres of glucodin powder and water after a really big night, seemed to help
    "Such is life..." - Ned Kelly
    Karori Rifle Club
    http://karoririfleclub.co.nz/

Quote Originally Posted by Angus_A View Post
    $14 is like a weeks food for me O_O haha
    Holyshitjesus boy, no wonder you have a hang over! You're a lightweight!

(Or just free shit from work??!)

Just protitute yourself if you're short on dosh, I hear that's what all the cool kids do these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    Holyshitjesus boy, no wonder you have a hang over! You're a lightweight!

(Or just free shit from work??!)

Just protitute yourself if you're short on dosh, I hear that's what all the cool kids do these days.
    hahaha um....
    nah i just dont get enough hours, i do okay if its just one meal a day but any more than that and its instant noodle territory.
    dont get free shit unfortunatly i get a 12% discount (which may as well be nothing)

What is a hangover? I've never had one. I'm too paralytic after my first sip to drink any more, so never have enough alcohol in me to cause a hangover.

But I'm sure having a good laugh at the expense of all of you.
    Sako 243 likes this.