Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Happy National Dog Day!

Happy National Dog Day!

I don't post on here v much so hopefully I am doing it right by making a new thread! Today is National Dog Day!!! In North America at least, I don't think NZ is cool enough to have a National Dog Day...or perhaps every day is dog day? (It seems that way in our house. Before we got the dogs it was always National ME Day... Not going to lie, it has been an adjustment having to share the attention hahaha)

So we must post doglet pics to celebrate!

Before we got a second dog I begged for a French Bulldog or a Pug or a Chihuahua, because I wanted a little love to carry around in my hand bag. But SOMEONE *cough* tussock *cough* went ahead and got this monster of a dog while I was overseas!

Name:  IMG_2638.JPG
Views: 569
Size:  250.4 KB

Name:  IMG_2645.jpg
Views: 755
Size:  844.9 KB

Name:  IMG_2703 (2).jpg
Views: 439
Size:  269.5 KB

Name:  IMG_2569.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  67.2 KB

He is so cute I could puke! The big boss has decided that he is a big scary serious hunting-machine beast of a dog but psssht I say! I have decided that he is actually a pudding. We have our own a secret language and I rub my scent on him every day! And since he wont fit in my hand bag I got him his own! (It's all about the accessories after all...)

Name:  IMG_1190.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  980.0 KB

Name:  IMG_1202.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  1.03 MB

At Easter we filled it up with eggs to give out to the kiddies but then we ate all but two of the eggs. So then we ate the last two eggs. Basically we ate every single egg and the kids went without, muahahaha suckers! Ok, actually we raced to the supermarket and got more eggs to give to the kids so that no one would miss out.

Being my dog he must naturally have a plethoria of outfits, so his latest jacket count is at 12. But I'm not that bad, I'm not responsible for ALL of them, only 11 of them. I swear I have a problem, it's like I go on the internet and something comes over me and I can't help it! So the Sutlach (it means rice pudding in Turkish...don't you think he looks like a rice pudding? All white with the cinnamon patches!) has ended up with a myriad of outfits. Hey, at least he can always be colour coordinated and layer up when it is cold. Fashion. He knows his priorities. My girl dog wont have a bar of outfits, she is a killing, running, swimming, hunting machine and wouldn't lower herself to wear such ridiculous things. Thankfully my wee man is so tolerant. I swear, sometimes I think he is rolling his eyes at me. (The dog, not the human man. Well, maybe he rolls his eyes sometimes too, who knows). This is him in his blue jacket (the dog, not the man):

Name:  IMG_2284.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  523.2 KB

This is my other puppy. She is so funny, she thinks she is a human and seemed mildly offended that we got a dog. She has led me to bunnies and hares and wallabies! Sometimes when the boys go out we have sneaky naps but sometimes they come home too soon and catch us!

Name:  IMG_2067.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  768.0 KB

Name:  IMG_1411.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  924.3 KB

This is a pic of the dogs thinking they are super cool with their heads out the window. I almost lost my phone out the window taking this pic.

Name:  IMG_2678.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  566.8 KB

Show me your little (or big) loves! Do you dress yours up too? Does anyone else have a big dog? This guy might end up weighing more than me! He is predicted to hit 60kg! He is at 52kg now so a few more kgs and he will overtake me! I love big dogs now, please share pics if you have a big dog! I love big ugly rotter dogs! My friend in Canada just got a big American Bulldog like us and she said in the small town where she lives, the women are right into massive dogs at the moment. The uglier the better! They are all about 50kg with dyed blonde hair and stilettos and perfect manicures. How cool is that?

Happy National Dog Day!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Grim, 7mmsaum, veitnamcam and 5 others like this.

That's strange, how do I remove that attachment?

Fulla
    Your dog would be Great security, Even if just for looks.
    My mate is getting on. He likes to hunt any small critters. He usually hinders shooting rabbits with a shotgun, too keen and scares them off. But he likes it so we go.
    Oh, he likes big sticks too, nothing smaller than the pic, or he turns his nose up.
    Grim, 7mmsaum, Sophie and 1 others like this.

Fulla
    Picture
    Grim, stingray and Sophie like this.

Oh my god oh my god I LOVE HIM!!!
    I love love love bull terriers they are soooo cute!! I love their ears! Look at the spots on his ears! What is his name? Do you have any puppy pictures? I love bull terrier puppies they are so adorable! Does he also love killing the stick by growling at it and shaking it with his neck? And does he leave stick detritus all over your yard as well? Those are some awesome sized sticks, what a lad!
    Happy National Dog Day!! Thank you so much for sharing I love him!

Caretaker

Grim likes this.
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

@7mmsaum Indie would have hated that tea towel blanket hahahaha
    7mmsaum likes this.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Name:  3MarKau2.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  48.1 KBName:  167969_483826642099_5735881_n.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  118.0 KBName:  ad.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  149.8 KBName:  ad3.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  93.4 KBName:  ajJet.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  63.6 KBName:  ANzAC jet.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  79.8 KBName:  earshot3.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  76.2 KBName:  glassing.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  184.0 KBName:  IMG_1945.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  681.1 KB
    Grim, 7mmsaum, EeeBees and 2 others like this.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Grim, 7mmsaum, Dougie and 1 others like this.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440670502.350092.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  178.1 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440670624.963245.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  163.0 KB
    Grim, 7mmsaum, stingray and 2 others like this.

Fulla
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    Oh my god oh my god I LOVE HIM!!!
    I love love love bull terriers they are soooo cute!! I love their ears! Look at the spots on his ears! What is his name? Do you have any puppy pictures? I love bull terrier puppies they are so adorable! Does he also love killing the stick by growling at it and shaking it with his neck? And does he leave stick detritus all over your yard as well? Those are some awesome sized sticks, what a lad!
    Happy National Dog Day!! Thank you so much for sharing I love him!
    He's calmed down a bit now but yes. He shakes them and growls them. I used to bring home tree branches from work to let him chew them in his kennel so he wouldn't get so board during the day. There were plenty of chips and Strip's of wood. He's a clown in a dog suit.
    Sorry no puppy pictures on my phone.

7mmsaum the brown dog doesn't look like you typical finder but sure finds them buy the looks. I'm sure a lot of training went into the dog.
    Grim and Sophie like this.

Guys!! This is like one of the happiest days of my life!! I love all of these pics so much! Where is Jet's hoodie and does he still love the pool that he got for Christmas?! And his tongue looks like it gives the best kisses ever!!
    BRADS what is your dog chewing!! Is it a birds nest or a hedgehog? Is your dog a boy or a girl?! He/she has a golden mane!!! And Tahr's doglet looks like it would be the cutest galoompher ever! And OK. What kind of dog is Indie. Seriously. That dog is absolutely ridiculously cute. And Indie's dog sibling is a serious bad ass dog!! Just chillin next to all of those deer and the pig, just casually, like "hey boss, check me out, look what I did"... with the too-cute-for-words white chest patch! I love chest patches on dogs!

I am sitting in a crappy hotel in a small town in the middle of nowhere in Turkey, bored to tears, and this has totally made my day! We were on our way to site but got turned back due to military activity so are hauled up for a bit. Thank goodness for internet and wonderful forum people who share dog pics!

This is an Anatolian Shepherd. We get heaps of them here in the mountains, most farmers are out roaming during the day finding water for their animals and they often have three of these guys to take care of their mob of sheep. They herd and protect from wolves. Apparently 3 can take on a pack of wolves and come out better off! This guy is still a pup and has a fair bit of growing to go (or so I was told). He has a wound from a scrap the night before. They often stop by the drill rigs for a bit of company and some tucker before heading back home. When they walk they are so so elegant and majestic that the first time I saw one I almost thought it was a lion or a big cat. So graceful and so much presence.

Name:  IMG_9507.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  97.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_9492.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  725.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_9483.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  994.5 KB

Thanks guys!!
    Last edited by Sophie; 28-08-2015 at 05:43 AM.
    stingray and Gibo like this.

Caretaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    Guys!! This is like one of the happiest days of my life!! I love all of these pics so much! Where is Jet's hoodie and does he still love the pool that he got for Christmas?! And his tongue looks like it gives the best kisses ever!!
    BRADS what is your dog chewing!! Is it a birds nest or a hedgehog? Is your dog a boy or a girl?! He/she has a golden mane!!! And Tahr's doglet looks like it would be the cutest galoompher ever! And OK. What kind of dog is Indie. Seriously. That dog is absolutely ridiculously cute. And Indie's dog sibling is a serious bad ass dog!! Just chillin next to all of those deer and the pig, just casually, like "hey boss, check me out, look what I did"... with the too-cute-for-words white chest patch! I love chest patches on dogs!

I am sitting in a crappy hotel in a small town in the middle of nowhere in Turkey, bored to tears, and this has totally made my day! We were on our way to site but got turned back due to military activity so are hauled up for a bit. Thank goodness for internet and wonderful forum people who share dog pics!

This is an Anatolian Shepherd. We get heaps of them here in the mountains, most farmers are out roaming during the day finding water for their animals and they often have three of these guys to take care of their mob of sheep. They herd and protect from wolves. Apparently 3 can take on a pack of wolves and come out better off! This guy is still a pup and has a fair bit of growing to go (or so I was told). He has a wound from a scrap the night before. They often stop by the drill rigs for a bit of company and some tucker before heading back home. When they walk they are so so elegant and majestic that the first time I saw one I almost thought it was a lion or a big cat. So graceful and so much presence.

Attachment 40104
    Attachment 40105
    Attachment 40106

Thanks guys!!

Indie is a "smooth haired english fox terrier"

Very intelligent with a brain and teeth like a surgical weapon

She hunts extremely dangerous fluffy game

Wiki is an " american Bull Terrier"

Very loyal and eager to please, perfect for finding pigs and deer, has attacked and pulled to the ground large Sika Stags and small pigs.

A little dim when it comes to problem solving but has a mouth like a hydraulic press, a real crusher

Grim, mikee and Gibo like this.
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

ebf
    The Anatolian shepherds are used around South Africa and Namibia to protect livestock. It helps the farmers provide a non lethal defence against cheetahs and leopards, so win-win for farmers and conservation.

The are lovely dogs, fantastic calm natures. One of the farms we used to travel to in the Baviaans in the Eastern Cape had anatolians as well as boerboels. Whenever you'd go for a walk in the mountains, one of the dogs would just quietly follow behind to make sure you were ok
    Dougie, stingray and Carpe Diem like this.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby
    Black rifles matter...

K95
    8 years old now, time flies.

Grim, stingray, mikee and 3 others like this.