Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: This have even stunned me !!

This have even stunned me !!

I say "even me" as I do follow a lot of international going on's most of which do not get covered in our main stream media here in Gods own.
    So - I have seen a lot of crap and shocking stuff - but thought I would drop this into the Forum to see what others think.
    How would this cop get off this - with this logged on film showing what appears to me - to be an outright murder of another human.

US police officer acquitted after shooting of unarmed Daniel Shaver - NZ Herald

Yeah it looks like violence totally out of hand. I suppose they would argue that it (in the moment we didn't see) it looked like he was going for a gun.

It does not show the shooting or what prompted it so one can only speculate.
    Tommy likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    It does not show the shooting or what prompted it so one can only speculate.
    Unless that clip has had editing/cut out just after they stopped showing (for humane reasons) - but - you could still hear - then I don't need any speculative thoughts

Makes you wonder what he world is coming to... He was complying with all instructions as best he could

Would never want a job as a police officer, making those split second decisions would be a bloody hard call, for all you know his partner got shot last week in a similar situation
    Micky Duck likes this.

Banned
    I see the Herald report didn't mention that the cops called because he was aiming a rifle out at passers by from the fifth floor window of a hotel .
    Micky Duck likes this.

I would think with the shootings of cops over there that the cops themselves are probably expecting a worst case scenario and are on a hair trigger when dealing with anyone suspected of carrying a firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarvo View Post
    Unless that clip has had editing/cut out just after they stopped showing (for humane reasons) - but - you could still hear - then I don't need any speculative thoughts
    The article says. "At one point, he reaches back - possibly to pull up his shorts - and Brailsford opens fire, striking Shaver five times" He will argue that he thought the guy was going for a gun...

On the other hand you have a cop screaming at a guy (who has been drinking) trying to make him crawl? WTF

It's just fucked up
    Steve123 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by systolic View Post
    I see the Herald report didn't mention that the cops called because he was aiming a rifle out at passers by from the fifth floor window of a hotel .
    allegedly pointing a rifle out of a fifth-floor window

Says he was playing with BB gun or pellet gun - but even if had been reported to have waved a 300 Mag out the hotel window being stupid - he sure the hell hasn't got it in the hall way with him

Victims of their own paranoia
    Looking at that cop?
    Brain dead fukwit, waiting for a good enough reason to do his thing and now can say he has.
    I say.
    Steve123 likes this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarvo View Post
    Says he was playing with BB gun or pellet gun - but even if had been reported to have waved a 300 Mag out the hotel window being stupid - he sure the hell hasn't got it in the hall way with him
    Because no one in Arizona might have a pistol on their belt?

You've got the guy facedown, on the floor, with an ar15 wotever pointing at him and you can't beat him to the draw when waiting to see what he's going to pull?
    pretty sure even your sister could stitch him up with a full auto to play with?

Um, it is an auto?

Quote Originally Posted by systolic View Post
    Because no one in Arizona might have a pistol on their belt?
    Anyone could. Any where any time.

So if anyone you make to crawl on the floor reaches down to pull up their pants, well shoot them 5 times with your AR just to be sure they don't. I guess that's OK.

BTW criminals in NZ also have pistols. So you cant be sure here also.

NRT
    Quote Originally Posted by 300CALMAN View Post
    Anyone could. Any where any time.

So if anyone you make to crawl on the floor reaches down to pull up their pants, well shoot them 5 times with your AR just to be sure they don't. I guess that's OK.

BTW criminals in NZ also have pistols. So you cant be sure here also.
    That cop sounded like a stressed out piece of shit.

Sent from my TA-1025 using Tapatalk
    Steve123 likes this.