Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Hayleys Bucket List

Hayleys Bucket List

Hi All,

No this isnt some sort of charity Scam. I work with one of Hayleys relatives.

A young lady that lives in Lower Hutt by the name of Hayley fishished 9 months of Chemo/Radiation for an agressive bone cancer (Ewwings Sarcoma) to be give the "all clear" just to have it back with a vengance. even with treatment the prognosis is not good.

Hayley has made a bucket list of things of things that she would like to do.

Naturally I had a look as it seems alot of people want to shoot guns at some stage in their life and low and behold she does. Ive put my hand up to take her shooting(rifles/carbines? if Hayley wants to try pistols there is someone I'll rope in to help achieve that, you know who you are

I hear Hayley is quite overwhelmed with the donation responses on the give a little page that has bee nset up for her to achieve such things.
    Raised = $6,310.00 NZD in only a few days and growing.

Givealittle - Search

Theres a facebook link to follow what shes achieves that I'll post later.

I know alot of you cheeky buggers have got other skills you might be able to help Hayley manage some of the other things on her list.

Theres a contact email on the give a little page and also a facebook page where you can see the progress.

Heres her list.

1. Visit Dunedin again 2. Visit Kelsey in Hamilton as much as I can 3. Hold a red panda 4. Go stargazing 5. France, Italy, Greece 6. Visit places in NZ I haven't been 7. See Morrissey live 8. [PERSONAL] 9. Get a guinea pig or a rabbit 10. Get tattoos 11. Visit a theme park outside of NZ (and go on rollercoasters cause I've always been a wuss) 12. Have a white Christmas 13. Kick cancer's butt again 14. [PERSONAL] 15. Go swimming! (can't do this while I have a Hickman or PICC line in) 16. Send a message in a bottle 17. Get a bikini body and wear a bikini 18. SKYDIVING?? 19. See the Arctic Monkeys live 20. See Anberlin live again 21. Go go cart racing 22. Ride in a rally car 23. Party on a boat 24. Go skiing/snowboarding/snow angels (I've never been!) 25. Blow something up 26. Shoot a gun 27. Overcome my fear of bees 28. Go drifting 29. Be in contact with Matthew Gray Gubler 30. Snorkelling/scuba diving 31. Go in a helicopter 32. Go horse riding 33. Swim with dolphins 34. Watch ALL of Doctor Who 35. See the northen lights

What you lot reckon?

ebf
    Happy to help out with shooting, will send PM with contact details
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby
    Black rifles matter...

good on you SS for offering to do the shooting with her TOP BLOKE
    BURN BABY BURN
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    Happy to help out with shooting, will send PM with contact details
    Cheers mate.

I'll let you know so we can all join in the fun!.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by geezejonesy View Post
    good on you SS for offering to do the shooting with her TOP BLOKE
    Cheers Jonsey.

Its a pity you cant get Tannerite over here, we could blow something up at the same time and take 2 things off the list.

Haha

ebf
    Maybe @Dougie has a connection with the Police bomb squad
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby
    Black rifles matter...

Just got an email this morning from Hayleys friend who is collecting all the offers of help, apparently they are getting a good response.

Once Hayleys treatments are all set in stone they can start ticking things off the list.

Quote Originally Posted by savageshooter View Post
    Cheers Jonsey.

Its a pity you cant get Tannerite over here, we could blow something up at the same time and take 2 things off the list.

Haha
    You could also combine No 9 on the list with the shooting to knock 2 off at the same time.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

I can help with 22 & 28. Well kind of......I have a race car (circuit) and will be in Taupo on Monday January 28th. More than happy to take Hayley for a few laps throughout the day if it would suit her. Can always induce some oversteer (drifting tick) and every so often there are some off circuit excursions (rallying tick) with some high speed (260kmhr+) fun thrown in the middle

R93
    If she was into a helo ride I could have helped with that. It is not on there...........although roller coaster is!!! ( I have not turned a blade for a while)
    savageshooter likes this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    You could also combine No 9 on the list with the shooting to knock 2 off at the same time.

Was reading the updates.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/H...istandJourney/

Looks like her mates are sorting those.

Live ones

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    I reckon anyone would be stoked with that!!

Im getting her friend permission to put her email address on here so you can let Them know of your offer.

In the mean time Elizabeth can be contacted here : Givealittle - Hayley's Bucket List or here. https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/H...istandJourney/
    In Givealittle - Search
    Last edited by savageshooter; 18-12-2013 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    If she was into a helo ride I could have helped with that. It is not on there...........although roller coaster is!!! ( I have not turned a blade for a while)
    Shes got chopper 31. Go in a helicopter

25 is a goodie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Toby likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    25 is a goodie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Yeah I wanna do that one too
    Gibo likes this.