Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Helping the boys and girls in blue

Helping the boys and girls in blue

Well, my 10-12 year clean record is broken...

No excuses, I sped, and got caught.

I drive 50k a year and am pretty careful, but get frustrated by irresponsible drivers, I was behind such a tool yesterday. Older campervan doing 85km between AKL and Whangarei, everytime we got to passing lane, they did 110.

There was a large Courier Post truck, another car then me. After missing out twice, the truck and I both went for it and I was surprised that the truck got up to 116 but we were both travelling that speed to get past this camper... and a lovely gentleman in a shiny black Commodore clocked us.

The camper naturally didn't get done, but the thing that amazed me was why did the Police pull over me at 16km over when he could have got the truck for 26 over?

Anyway, ticket paid, and I have to be more careful watching my speed when overtaking and being frustrated by these clowns

I have the truck rego but not the camper unfortunately.

John

Irresponsible policing IMO

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk
    Gerbs likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

Hope you got a lecture as well on the dangers of exceeding the speed limit and your attitude!! hahahahaha, the police need to take a hard look at this speeding enforcement, I think it starting to cause accidents with the frustration, as you experienced, with dumb drivers.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

I think the obsessive preoccupation with speed makes the police look foolish and lose respect. I've been burgled 6 times in Auckland in 20 years, and have never had the police attend. Yet pretty much every single day I'll see police with a speed gun at the bottom of hills with few if any driveways or intersecting roads (Bond St, Hopetoun St, Chinaman's hill etc), on the few free flowing parts of motorway (heading west on the northwestern past Lincoln Rd, heading towards the Waiwera tunnel). It's a real let-down to be honest.
    Grim, veitnamcam, mikee and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I think the obsessive preoccupation with speed makes the police look foolish and lose respect. I've been burgled 6 times in Auckland in 20 years, and have never had the police attend. Yet pretty much every single day I'll see police with a speed gun at the bottom of hills with few if any driveways or intersecting roads (Bond St, Hopetoun St, Chinaman's hill etc), on the few free flowing parts of motorway (heading west on the northwestern past Lincoln Rd, heading towards the Waiwera tunnel). It's a real let-down to be honest.
    They don't get any money by helping you with your burglary
    veitnamcam and blake like this.

Yeah they really are just taking the piss with tickets like this.

Did he get on on the radar or the gun?

I got done for 111ks on a long straight road between hamilton and paeroa just before Christmas , the cop had to wait a minute on the side of the road for traffic before he could do a u turn and speed up to catch me. He would have to be doing 150ish kmh to catch me in the time he did. Ridiculous

I was disappointed more in myself than in him doing his job. He got me on the radar I assume but while I didn't know how fast I was going, I do know I was speeding so didn't bother challenging him. Lesson learned and move on. I just got to thinking why pick me when he could/should have got the truck...

I wasn't meaning it as a Police beat up thread either, although decisions like this do make you scratch your head in wonder.
    199p likes this.

Remember SPEED KILLS!!! or is it more the speed of slower drivers that wont pull over.
    what % of fatalities over the holiday period were caused by speed?

There is policing and then there is just being a prick, luck of the draw as to who you come across. I am happy to accept i was speeding but watching the cop do a u turn on a busy 100km road and then excessively speed was rather stupid

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by screamO View Post
    Remember SPEED KILLS!!! or is it more the speed of slower drivers that wont pull over.
    Absoultly, if you drive 101kmh on the open road you are almost certain to die and kill others in the process. If you drive at 99kmh you are a carefull responsable driver and it's impossible to have a crash.

The road code states that you have to pass other cars quickly and safely. It also states that you can't exceed the speed limit. How are you suppsoed to follow both of these rules while passing someone doing 90kph on the open road?
    EeeBees likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MassiveAttack View Post
    Absoultly, if you drive 101kmh on the open road you are almost certain to die and kill others in the process. If you drive at 99kmh you are a carefull responsable driver and it's impossible to have a crash.

The road code states that you have to pass other cars quickly and safely. It also states that you can't exceed the speed limit. How are you suppsoed to follow both of these rules while passing someone doing 90kph on the open road?
    Its called the pit manouver

Dundee, StrikerNZ and GravelBen like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Its called the pit manouver

Wait for a hairpin?

Speed is the easy target. Much easier than tackling driver culture and driver education.
    veitnamcam and GravelBen like this.

Quote Originally Posted by screamO View Post
    10 k will make FA diff just avoid head ons, like the plague!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough