Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Knives Africa

User Tag List

Like Tree40248Likes

Thread: Here and now

This may sound stupid but does the milk differ from different cow breeds? Taste? Fat ? . And can you run different breeds in same herd ? .

Sent from my SM-J200Y using Tapatalk
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Munsey View Post
    This may sound stupid but does the milk differ from different cow breeds? Taste? Fat ? . And can you run different breeds in same herd ? .

Sent from my SM-J200Y using Tapatalk
    Not at all Munsey. Jerseys have a higher fat ratio in there milk.One farm I worked on had a fresian herd and a jersey herd all the milk went into the same vat.
    Munsey likes this.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

We use to have a jersey house cow, a 2 L bottle of her milk would be half fat!
    Munsey and Ryan_Songhurst like this.

Not giving a kid and his friends a ciggie is apparently grounds to mug a person now i guess. Fucking furious, police on their way but i doubt they'll help.
    "A party without cake is just a meeting" - Juila Child

Quote Originally Posted by Angus_A View Post
    Not giving a kid and his friends a ciggie is apparently grounds to mug a person now i guess. Fucking furious, police on their way but i doubt they'll help.
    Thats shithouse Angus hope they didnt rough you up too much. Bloody kids these days are out of control. I remember when I was a young fella I didnt even smoke at that stage but I pinched a pack of smokes from my dads mates service station so I could be cool and hand them out at school, dad found out and put his foot in my ass and made me go and apologise, and then he volunteered me to work for him every day without pay for the whole next school holidays while he took mum and my sister fishing and waterskiing every day... Didnt pinch anything after that!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Thats shithouse Angus hope they didnt rough you up too much. Bloody kids these days are out of control. I remember when I was a young fella I didnt even smoke at that stage but I pinched a pack of smokes from my dads mates service station so I could be cool and hand them out at school, dad found out and put his foot in my ass and made me go and apologise, and then he volunteered me to work for him every day without pay for the whole next school holidays while he took mum and my sister fishing and waterskiing every day... Didnt pinch anything after that!
    Kicked me in the ribs while his buddy pulled my jacket off with my cigarettes and phone in it. Hopefully the battery lasts long enough to track it. Not hurt but shaken up for sure. I'm not a fighting man. All because one of em demanded cigarette and when i asked his age (16) i told him to bugger off.

Quote Originally Posted by Angus_A View Post
    Kicked me in the ribs while his buddy pulled my jacket off with my cigarettes and phone in it. Hopefully the battery lasts long enough to track it. Not hurt but shaken up for sure. I'm not a fighting man. All because one of em demanded cigarette and when i asked his age (16) i told him to bugger off.
    Good your OK
    veitnamcam, stingray and Angus_A like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Cheers Mac

Roll me in chocolate and throw me to the lesbians @Willus I have 2 and a half pages of introductions to sift through!!
    veitnamcam, Pengy, Willus and 2 others like this.
    Werawhakaui?

Rule 4. Identify your target beyond all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Roll me in chocolate and throw me to the lesbians @Willus I have 2 and a half pages of introductions to sift through!!
    Yea whats with that? I jumped on the forum this morning, clicked "new posts" and a whole heap of intros came up, swore at the computer and told it that I clicked "new posts" not "introductions" so had another go, same thing, was about to throw a tantrum at the computer before I realised they actually were all new posts haha

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    It had me flucked to start with. I thought there was a sudden influx of new blood to the forum
    Forgotmaboltagain

@Willus catching up on his annual good Samaritan work
    Pengy and Willus like this.
    Werawhakaui?

I contacted the highschool the mongrels were from with a very strongly worded message because nobody was there to pick up (lunchtime i guess) hopefully they can help me identify these twits.
    veitnamcam likes this.

Dealing to a rabbit problem - they're eating seedlings we planted! Using the .223 I shot 98 in this one gully from 3 shooting positions, with 119 shots (first 46 were from 50 shots...which I was pretty happy with). Ranges from 70m out to 310m. Only shot for a couple of hours last week, and a couple today. Barrel gets too hot to touch sometimes, so I have to sit tight and watch bunnies hop round while it cools - but a warm barrel is ideal on days when the air temperature barely nudges 0! First time I have ever let a feral cat walk too, when I've had the perfect opportunity to shoot it. Big bugger with a cracker skin, he was hunting rabbits so helping my cause I figured.

Name:  IMG_5433.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  850.1 KB
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

That doesn't look like half bad
    Beaker likes this.
    Werawhakaui?