Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Knives Africa


User Tag List

Like Tree40258Likes

Thread: Here and now

  1. #25786
    Almost literate. veitnamcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    18,240
    Catching fuck all and loving it



    Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

    Chicken Intolerant.

  2. #25787
    Sako & Anshultz!! Sako 243's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Palmerston North
    Posts
    489
    With any breeding program, there's always a degree of anticipation as what what the results will be.
    More so with the purchase of a new ram.
    Add that all into our cross breeding program for our black Wiltshire flock and you have a lot riding on your breeding decisions 5 months ago!
    This is Libby. We took over a few black Wiltshire sheep in 2014 and have developed the program since then. Libby was the result of an unplanned accident by two 'teenagers' a month outside the supposed seasonal breeding time frame. So Libby was the first black lamb bred and born on our property. Libby exhibits a lot of the qualities we were selectively breeding for. She sheds totally, and early, she has a short, tight and dense fleece, slightly shorter and stockier build than other strains we have and she has a good size udder.
    She went to the ram for the first time last year as a hoggett and unfortunately slipped due to toxoplasmosis.
    So she was a definite interest this year as to what she would have. We had put her to our new Strickland white ram and obviously he carries the recessive black gene as we got a favourable result with one of each colour. The black is a ewe lamb, so she will go back into our breeding program bringing in the new Strickland genetics and the white is a ram lamb, but he appears to exhibit an extremely tight and short coat, so will likely be an excellent ram. Time will tell as he grows how his coat and shedding characterises develop, but he will likely be for sale in December.

    Name:  IMG_1716.jpg
Views: 859
Size:  1,004.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_1717.jpg
Views: 864
Size:  997.2 KB

    John

  3. #25788
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    South Canterbury
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by Sako 243 View Post
    With any breeding program, there's always a degree of anticipation as what what the results will be.
    More so with the purchase of a new ram.
    Add that all into our cross breeding program for our black Wiltshire flock and you have a lot riding on your breeding decisions 5 months ago!
    This is Libby. We took over a few black Wiltshire sheep in 2014 and have developed the program since then. Libby was the result of an unplanned accident by two 'teenagers' a month outside the supposed seasonal breeding time frame. So Libby was the first black lamb bred and born on our property. Libby exhibits a lot of the qualities we were selectively breeding for. She sheds totally, and early, she has a short, tight and dense fleece, slightly shorter and stockier build than other strains we have and she has a good size udder.
    She went to the ram for the first time last year as a hoggett and unfortunately slipped due to toxoplasmosis.
    So she was a definite interest this year as to what she would have. We had put her to our new Strickland white ram and obviously he carries the recessive black gene as we got a favourable result with one of each colour. The black is a ewe lamb, so she will go back into our breeding program bringing in the new Strickland genetics and the white is a ram lamb, but he appears to exhibit an extremely tight and short coat, so will likely be an excellent ram. Time will tell as he grows how his coat and shedding characterises develop, but he will likely be for sale in December.

    Attachment 74095
    Attachment 74096

    John
    Feels good when a plan comes together, even if it is sheep. Theyre a dying breed around here, bludy cows have taken over

  4. #25789
    Almost literate. veitnamcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    18,240
    Tide push and into it!

    Gurnard and donky kahawai.

    Might head in soon to see if I can get 2 legal cod.



    Sent from my SM-G390Y using Tapatalk
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

    Chicken Intolerant.

  5. #25790
    Member Boaraxa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Southland
    Posts
    1,389
    Name:  IMG_5512.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  531.5 KB

  6. #25791
    Almost literate. veitnamcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    18,240
    Quote Originally Posted by Boaraxa View Post
    Hope you got a permit for that

    How fucken stupid is that doc rule?
    Boaraxa likes this.
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

    Chicken Intolerant.

  7. #25792
    OPCz Rushy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Posts
    25,456
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    How fucken stupid is that doc rule?
    Totally
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

  8. #25793
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    South Waikato
    Posts
    2,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Today at 68 I've become a Metrosexual man, not just a horny old bugger, all you younger guys will be right into it with manicures, pedicures, waxing, ear wax, nose hair, skin moisturing .... sorta all the girlie things that a real man shrugs his shoulders and says WTF, the type that have Meads as their hero, not Aaron Smith! Well today my wife has moved me into the metrosexual world by giving me Nutrimedics for my birthday! I have exfoliated and moisturised this am, my question is, how slippery is the slope? I hope it won't be cross dressing? I read about it in the hearald this morn and it makes me crawl, so guess my heads still in the right space!! And the Queen tickets as well!! I need an Aunt Agony!!!!!
    Please don't post pictures of the hero parade or big gay out.
    Maca49 likes this.

  9. #25794
    Member Sideshow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    3,032
    Name:  IMG_5646.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  827.2 KB
    Here ya go @7mmwsm just jump that hedge there for a better look if you want
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along

  10. #25795
    Member Ryan_Songhurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    South Island
    Posts
    5,476
    Name:  20170822_072044.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  518.2 KB
    Sako 243 and stingray like this.

  11. #25796
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    South Waikato
    Posts
    2,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    Attachment 74152
    Here ya go @7mmwsm just jump that hedge there for a better look if you want
    I don't want. Thank's anyway though.
    Perhaps you could tag Maca49 on it.
    Maca49 likes this.

  12. #25797
    Member Boaraxa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Southland
    Posts
    1,389
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Hope you got a permit for that

    How fucken stupid is that doc rule?
    Ignore & carry on , cant beat a fire & a box of beer
    Dundee, stingray, Maca49 and 1 others like this.

  13. #25798
    Member Dundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Way East of D'Vagas
    Posts
    15,737
    Milking herd had a 55 minute walk to shed and weren't right at the back of the farm.
    Name:  1059.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  163.6 KB
    Another herd I shut away was off this side lane way up by those tall trees.
    Name:  1060.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  164.3 KB
    Not use to getting up before 4am but I was home by 6pm Goodnight I'm off to bed can hardly keep my eyes open.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

    tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

  14. #25799
    Member Ryan_Songhurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    South Island
    Posts
    5,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    Milking herd had a 55 minute walk to shed and weren't right at the back of the farm.
    Attachment 74185
    Another herd I shut away was off this side lane way up by those tall trees.
    Attachment 74186
    Not use to getting up before 4am but I was home by 6pm Goodnight I'm off to bed can hardly keep my eyes open.
    Too easy Dundee, was up at 3am, still at work now...
    Name:  20170822_203505.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  349.7 KB

  15. #25800
    Member Maca49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    BOP
    Posts
    14,994
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Too easy Dundee, was up at 3am, still at work now...
    Attachment 74188
    Geeze you work as hard as a politician!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

 

 

Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!