Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

NZGR Terminator

User Tag List

Like Tree42091Likes

Thread: Here and now

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    I agree, my company (large corp.) uses them for the reps and they're great in that regard. They get amazing fuel efficiency from what I remember one saying.
    Just got a triton says 7.4l/100km but it reality it's 8.5.....still a lot less than my old vehicle
    veitnamcam and gadgetman like this.

@mikee know a guy that's been Working on the roads up in kaikoura, he's off to a warm sunny island for work for a few weeks.... Some people get the right jobs

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Fuck me dead the media are as useless as tits on a bull. Just saw a report on TV3 news (news hub) doing an article on duck shooting. The sheilah reporting saying "Father teaching young son how to use a rifle (no surprises that it was a shotgun)" and then "a warden visiting to make sure they were not using lead bullets". I ask you! Where do they find these numb nut dick wads?
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    @mikee know a guy that's been Working on the roads up in kaikoura, he's off to a warm sunny island for work for a few weeks.... Some people get the right jobs
    Take it from someone who has been there and done that (many many.............................................. .. many times) its not like going on holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    Just got a triton says 7.4l/100km but it reality it's 8.5.....still a lot less than my old vehicle
    I'm not long back from a quick trip to Timaru and back. Just under 8l/100km. Not too bad for an old '97 Forester with over 343 thousand clicks on the clock.
    Lore likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    I'm not long back from a quick trip to Timaru and back. Just under 8l/100km. Not too bad for an old '97 Forester with over 343 thousand clicks on the clock.
    yea not bad but chch to Timy is flat as and straight! like burn me with a cigarette im falling asleep flat and straight!
    It probably would have burnt the same idling in the driveway running the aircon
    Gibo and Blisters like this.
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

Chicken Intolerant.

wifes s_cross sx4 averaged 6.2 litres from invers to taupo and back .

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    yea not bad but chch to Timy is flat as and straight! like burn me with a cigarette im falling asleep flat and straight!
    Pfft.

Flat just aspires to be like Chch to Timmers. And light wishes it could travel that straight. I won't use any fuel running the air-con, being the initial NZ new base model it doesn't have any of that stuff, but I can wind the window down or turn the heater up. No hair driers. When I look under the bonnet I can see road. Old school.
    veitnamcam likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

I did wonder how much it would boot. Any good for next years @Harryg?

Name:  DSC_0501a.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  118.4 KB
    veitnamcam, stingray, Gibo and 1 others like this.

Day two

Sent from my SM-J330G using Tapatalk
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    for 2 years I drove from Ashburton to Chrtstchurch (living in Ashburton and working in ChCh) and back daily. Only about 4 real bends tops not including the gentle "fake" bends. Boring drive would be the understatement of the year.
    veitnamcam, Beaker and SGR like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    for 2 years I drove from Ashburton to Chrtstchurch (living in Ashburton and working in ChCh) and back daily. Only about 4 real bends tops not including the gentle "fake" bends. Boring drive would be the understatement of the year.
    The "Tram Road" is worse with fewer other vehicles to get your attention. Every couple of weeks growing up someone would nod off and fall off the road. Still remember a rental Toyota Starlet that an overseas visitor did this in, there was not a straight panel on it, event the back seat had a bend in the middle. She walked away with a small cut to the elbow.
    JoshC likes this.

SGR
    The "Tram Road" is worse with fewer other vehicles to get your attention. Every couple of weeks growing up someone would nod off and fall off the road. Still remember a rental Toyota Starlet that an overseas visitor did this in, there was not a straight panel on it, event the back seat had a bend in the middle. She walked away with a small cut to the elbow.

I've been driving from chch to twizel every week for work the last few months . If it wasn't for the section between Geraldine and fairlie I think id loose the plot
    gadgetman likes this.

That's the one other car I would consider buying. Those things are immortal.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old,
    We grow old because we stop playing.

Hey you offshore islanders, look over there! ...

Yep, should sneak through boarder control again easily enough on Thursday.

Oh well, looks like I'm off to Palmy again for a flying visit. Bro was bidding on a car auction, he doesn't need any more, "But it's an auction so I'll just see what I can get it for." So I fly to Welly, bus to Palmy, hit town about midday and back to Welly for a 5pm ferry.

Ok you lot, you can look at what you were doing again.