Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

Like Tree41811Likes

Thread: Here and now

Oraki,go for a walk around the local cemetery and read the dates is a good place to start for a life rethink.I follow Buslife nz on you tube,they were trapped in the quake,moved to Auckland,new jobs but they knew something was not right,built a house bus,travelled around and they are starting to feel pretty good now.A few on here have made changes,Im sure they havent been negative ones.

its never a bad time to make changes to your life for the better.you could always buy a comfy vehicle and courier firearms and ammunition round the country side for a job as someone suggested on another thread.
    Ryan_Songhurst and dannyb like this.

Quote Originally Posted by oraki View Post
    Nothing to sinister going on, just the back letting us down again, the vet telling me for the 4th time to give up driving a truck, and start driving a desk...very unlikely, my typing speed is minutes per word.
    A corporate buying a place I'd wanted to add to my block, because he couldn't stand someone else getting it and had MUCH deeper pockets than me. Would've meant I could give up shift work and work for myself.
    But then again probably a blessing in disguise the way goalposts and regulations are shifting.
    Family members and mentors losing the battle to age and other shit without really living, were always working. Makes ya think that maybe living for now isn't such a bad idea. I know we've all got these stories as well...Toby etc, all taken to early.
    Shines arsed 'experts' for ever telling us what we need to do, and then charging for the privilege, others always cutting ya down......

All of a sudden, liquidating everything, buying place in the bush, putting the remander in gold and burying it, then climbing to the top of MY hill and tossing the finger to them all looks bloody attractive. I could be the new 'Hopeful Oraki' in my commune

I had a plan at 18 to work hard for 25-30 yrs and then cruise into retirement. Done the first bit, now to try and action the second.
    Basically midlife glitch and had a guts full

Rant over,I'll suck it up and carry on, see what's pans out
    for what its worth mate, I have not had a proper job for last month and my wife chucked in her job after 13 years there as she could not take the bullying any more
    So.............................................. we are now both unemployed bums.

Now I have been getting some casual work with a former employer (3 weeks so far and asked to come in monday) and I like the lack of commitment on both parts
    My wife has no idea what she wants to do but needs a break first and I am sure things will work out for her too.
    We do have some ideas but need time to fully think them thru so my casual work is getting in the way but the rate is good so make hay while the sun shines they say.

You will be OK mate change can be a good thing and if you never try something different or "off the wall" you won't know. hell we nearly brought a block of land down the west coast a couple 3 months ago that was on the edge of doc land and tractor access only. But in our case it may have been just that 1 step too far

Good luck mate and there are some good people on here if you need to have a vent to someone

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    12th floor of some hotel in down town Auckland, beer in hand and complimentary birthday nibbles. Bones could get jumped tonight. Ha ha ha ha might get too pissed at dinner though.
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 154
Size:  198.9 KB
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 157
Size:  160.9 KB
    gadgetman, Pengy, Beaker and 2 others like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

MSL
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    12th floor of some hotel in down town Auckland, beer in hand and complimentary birthday nibbles. Bones could get jumped tonight. Ha ha ha ha might get too pissed at dinner though.
    Attachment 87869
    Attachment 87870
    Funny looking Waikato you got there

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by MSL View Post
    Funny looking Waikato you got there
    Yep a much inferior brew I have to say. But a beer nonetheless. Well a lager anyway.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by oraki View Post
    Nothing to sinister going on, just the back letting us down again, the vet telling me for the 4th time to give up driving a truck, and start driving a desk...very unlikely, my typing speed is minutes per word.
    A corporate buying a place I'd wanted to add to my block, because he couldn't stand someone else getting it and had MUCH deeper pockets than me. Would've meant I could give up shift work and work for myself.
    But then again probably a blessing in disguise the way goalposts and regulations are shifting.
    Family members and mentors losing the battle to age and other shit without really living, were always working. Makes ya think that maybe living for now isn't such a bad idea. I know we've all got these stories as well...Toby etc, all taken to early.
    Shines arsed 'experts' for ever telling us what we need to do, and then charging for the privilege, others always cutting ya down......

All of a sudden, liquidating everything, buying place in the bush, putting the remander in gold and burying it, then climbing to the top of MY hill and tossing the finger to them all looks bloody attractive. I could be the new 'Hopeful Oraki' in my commune

I had a plan at 18 to work hard for 25-30 yrs and then cruise into retirement. Done the first bit, now to try and action the second.
    Basically midlife glitch and had a guts full

Rant over,I'll suck it up and carry on, see what's pans out
    I'm hearing you. Im in the same boat since moving back to NZ. Didn't do that flash with houses etc over the years and paying heaps more for a house in CHCH than I did in oz on the wages I was on over there 10 years ago. Same goes for the missus wages wise. Wages here are junk.
    Much harder to do shooting than on the west coast where I grew up but didn't move back there because of missus family in chch and feck all jobs back there.
    I'm in the live to work category and I cant cash up to make it easier
    I almost hate to say that moving back was a mistake but then that brings a whole lot of hindsight into it. I am certainly of the belief that my career choices have been completely wrong for quite some time now.
    You are certainly not the only one, hang in there.
    dannyb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Russian 22. View Post
    That's good of him.

Let me know how it groups like. The fella I bought mine off got a 1 inch or so which is good enough.

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk
    Got 1.5 inch on my best group at 50m, but i'm a pretty terrible shot and couldn't keep it very stable. Was using a farm gate as a rest.
    "A party without cake is just a meeting" - Juila Child

Home - mainland nz, actual - could be anywhere...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Attachment 87869
    Attachment 87870
    And now both may happen.... Name:  15267135258342068937514.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  2.25 MB
    veitnamcam, R93, Pengy and 4 others like this.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

R93
    Hope you have a great night Rushy

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

You won’t roll out of bed then,
    gadgetman, Beaker and dannyb like this.

Home - mainland nz, actual - could be anywhere...
    And just for @Gibo...

Name:  IMAG4071.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  2.09 MB
    veitnamcam, Gibo, Shearer and 1 others like this.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    for what its worth mate, I have not had a proper job for last month and my wife chucked in her job after 13 years there as she could not take the bullying any more
    So.............................................. we are now both unemployed bums.

Now I have been getting some casual work with a former employer (3 weeks so far and asked to come in monday) and I like the lack of commitment on both parts
    My wife has no idea what she wants to do but needs a break first and I am sure things will work out for her too.
    We do have some ideas but need time to fully think them thru so my casual work is getting in the way but the rate is good so make hay while the sun shines they say.

You will be OK mate change can be a good thing and if you never try something different or "off the wall" you won't know. hell we nearly brought a block of land down the west coast a couple 3 months ago that was on the edge of doc land and tractor access only. But in our case it may have been just that 1 step too far

Good luck mate and there are some good people on here if you need to have a vent to someone

What put you off the West Coast idea?

@Angus_A where did you score those CZ magazines? Are they the ones with the plastic base on them?
    #27GANG

sako75 and Beaker like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough