Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Black Watch

User Tag List

Like Tree40260Likes

Thread: Here and now

It is what it is aye, i'm hoping her dad and i will remain friends because he's been my only gateway to hunting and that's been super beneficial for me. By the sounds of things that is the case so i suppose the situation could be worse.
    Ryan_Songhurst likes this.
    "A party without cake is just a meeting" - Juila Child

Quote Originally Posted by Angus_A View Post
    It is what it is aye, i'm hoping her dad and i will remain friends because he's been my only gateway to hunting and that's been super beneficial for me. By the sounds of things that is the case so i suppose the situation could be worse.
    If the separation was amicable then hopefully it will continue. Maybe bake a primo cake for the ex and invite him around for a beer and possum stew. And just straight up tell him you'd like him to be a mate and go hunting.

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk
    veitnamcam, Angus_A, BRADS and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Russian 22. View Post
    If the separation was amicable then hopefully it will continue. Maybe bake a primo cake for the ex and invite him around for a beer and possum stew. And just straight up tell him you'd like him to be a mate and go hunting.

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk
    Top idea !

Always best to keep it amicable as possible,because she has at least one friend thats kind of hot?
    Angus_A and Russian 22. like this.
    "Sixty percent of the time,it works every time"

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar View Post
    Last Tuesday I had a successful but long days hunting.
    Last Wednesday I started to feel a bit crook.
    Last Thursday i went to the doctor.
    Early morning this Tuesday I went to A&E.
    Right now I'm in bed in Waikato hospital missing part of my bowel, and with the end if what remains of my bowel sticking out of my stomach into a bag.

Just ran across this Cigar.

Been there, done that exactly. Mine was a perforated bowel from diverticulosis with virtually no warning. Went to lunch OK, felt a bit off about 1pm and was at the point of collapse 1/2hr later. Peritonitis does that to ya.. Woke up the next morning with a colostomy. Luckily all went well and I had it reversed about 8 months later. The scary thing was this happened a few days before I was heading off hunting- I may not be here if it had let go up there.

Having a colostomy didn't hold me back virtually at all. Went hunting, deep sea fishing, all the usual stuff on the life sentence block..

Hope your story ends the same way
    Maca49 and dannyb like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Good luck Cigar, My wife went thru this in 2012, If the operation is low they will some times give you an Illostomy? bag, which is usually just under your ribs, which they do to allow you bowel to heal and not get leakage into the gut cavity. Then they can reverse in about 3 months. My wife had cancer, but because of early diagnosis she has just had her 5 year clearance. All the best and remember they have putty for around the stoma to help seal the bag, controls leakage. I have a customer with a full time bag here and hes always out in the bush hunting, hasn't slowed him at all, first trip was about 6 weeks after getting out of hospital. Thoughts are with you.
    Yeah, that sounds like what I have. Apparently my Nana had it done 3 times and reversed each time, but reckoned she shouldn't have bothered with the reversal. I've been hearing of plenty of others with bags that it doesn't slow down. One guy reckoned he didn't go swimming as often as he used to but that was the only lifestyle change.

Thanks everyone for all the kind thoughts and info, I'm processing fairly well and will hopefully be home in a couple of days. The anaesthetist said I could go hunting next week, as long as I don't carry anything over 4 kg. One of my rifles is 3.6kg so all sorted!
    sako75, madjon_, gadgetman and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar View Post
    Yeah, that sounds like what I have. Apparently my Nana had it done 3 times and reversed each time, but reckoned she shouldn't have bothered with the reversal. I've been hearing of plenty of others with bags that it doesn't slow down. One guy reckoned he didn't go swimming as often as he used to but that was the only lifestyle change.

Thanks everyone for all the kind thoughts and info, I'm processing fairly well and will hopefully be home in a couple of days. The anaesthetist said I could go hunting next week, as long as I don't carry anything over 4 kg. One of my rifles is 3.6kg so all sorted!
    My wife’s reversal went well and there virtually no change to her diet, bags take a bit of sorting, there are heaps on different makes and types, we had a few disasters early on, embarrassing but liveable, that’s why I mentioned the putty!! Hope all goes well with your outcome!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

My mate Jenko had one for a bit when I was in OZ. he told a story of driving out to a mine site. Its about a 3 1/2 hour drive back with only a few toilet stops on the way.
    Anyhoo the bag was getting a little full so he stopped to empty it out on the side of the road out in the middle of nowhere.
    Gets back in the car and carries on driving-not much later went to scratch/pick his nose etc. and realised there was a some s@#t from emptying the bag underneath his fingernail that he only noticed then.
    Sounded funny to me....
    gadgetman likes this.

This afternoons dog walk
    Name:  20180527_153836_resized.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  1.42 MB

@mikee I count 6, have pictures somewhere of 9 on a Christmas morning walking down oreti beach, no double rainbow though

Woke up to a solid 4inches of snow.... So much for weedspraying the drive this week, glad I got round to the underfloor insulation though
    veitnamcam, Blisters and dannyb like this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    RIP Dick.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

What happened to your dick

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    What happened to your dick
    It became a duck........ Quax now.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Bye girls
    Name:  20180529_075605.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  4.68 MB
    dannyb likes this.