Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch DPT


User Tag List

Like Tree40260Likes

Thread: Here and now

  1. #28171
    Member PillowDribbler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    213
    Bugger

  2. #28172
    Member ROKTOY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    762
    Walked in the door at home tonight to a decent sized parcel sitting on the table.
    My wife looks at me "I thought you weren't buying anymore stuff?"
    "I haven't"
    "uh huh"
    Open up the box, and start lifting off layers and layers of bubble wrap, cool, the boy will have fun later on....
    Name:  20180619_173709.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  4.60 MB

    But I get to play now...
    Name:  20180619_173806.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  5.21 MBName:  20180619_173842.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  5.73 MBName:  20180619_174429.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  4.31 MBName:  20180619_182414.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  4.41 MBName:  20180619_182621.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  4.33 MB

    It's big and feels solid, the square profile on the handle put me off at first but it actually fits the hand really well. The saw teeth feel like they will cut really well.
    I think I like it. Time to take it camping and try it out.
    Thankyou @terryf
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    veitnamcam and FatLabrador like this.

  3. #28173
    OPCz Rushy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Posts
    25,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Cigar View Post
    Well it was cancer...
    The doctor reckoned they got it all, if i understood correctly a size/grade 2 tumour and cancer in 3 of 13 lymph nodes they removed. He said as far as he is concerned I don't have cancer, but he expects the oncology people will probably recommend chemotherapy - I'll cross that bridge if/when it happens.
    Doctor said my brother and sister need to have colonoscopies as me being under 50 with confirmed bowel cancer puts them in the very high risk group. My sister says she needs that in writing, my brother is in denial I might make them a butt cam voucher each for Christmas!

    So overall a bad news/good news kind of afternoon, could have done without the nearly 2 hour wait though. I can go back to work on light duties next week, but no heavy lifting for another 2-4 weeks. It looks like at least a few more months with the colostomy bag before they will reverse the surgery, even without chemo.
    It sounds like the prognosis is good but know that we are here to lean on if times get rough.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

  4. #28174
    OPCz Rushy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Posts
    25,456
    Quote Originally Posted by ROKTOY View Post
    Walked in the door at home tonight to a decent sized parcel sitting on the table.
    My wife looks at me "I thought you weren't buying anymore stuff?"
    "I haven't"
    "uh huh"
    Open up the box, and start lifting off layers and layers of bubble wrap, cool, the boy will have fun later on....
    Attachment 89667

    But I get to play now...
    Attachment 89668Attachment 89669Attachment 89671Attachment 89672Attachment 89673

    It's big and feels solid, the square profile on the handle put me off at first but it actually fits the hand really well. The saw teeth feel like they will cut really well.
    I think I like it. Time to take it camping and try it out.
    Thankyou @terryf
    Good stuff.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

  5. #28175
    Member Shearer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Tasman
    Posts
    2,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Is that the result of a stag on each side?
    Yeah, probably @Rushy. Never actually seen them do it though. With the buttons still on their heads they get them into the mesh and just lever it apart and then get through the hole. So much for stock management. It can be a bit of a free for all if we don't notice the holes straight away. With 700 stags on the property it is a bit of a battle. They are still roaring too.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

  6. #28176
    Member Maca49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    BOP
    Posts
    14,995
    Quote Originally Posted by Cigar View Post
    Well it was cancer...
    The doctor reckoned they got it all, if i understood correctly a size/grade 2 tumour and cancer in 3 of 13 lymph nodes they removed. He said as far as he is concerned I don't have cancer, but he expects the oncology people will probably recommend chemotherapy - I'll cross that bridge if/when it happens.
    Doctor said my brother and sister need to have colonoscopies as me being under 50 with confirmed bowel cancer puts them in the very high risk group. My sister says she needs that in writing, my brother is in denial I might make them a butt cam voucher each for Christmas!

    So overall a bad news/good news kind of afternoon, could have done without the nearly 2 hour wait though. I can go back to work on light duties next week, but no heavy lifting for another 2-4 weeks. It looks like at least a few more months with the colostomy bag before they will reverse the surgery, even without chemo.
    Bloody awesome result, look after yourself and don’t forget the putty!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

  7. #28177
    OPCz Rushy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Posts
    25,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    Yeah, probably @Rushy. Never actually seen them do it though. With the buttons still on their heads they get them into the mesh and just lever it apart and then get through the hole. So much for stock management. It can be a bit of a free for all if we don't notice the holes straight away. With 700 stags on the property it is a bit of a battle. They are still roaring too.
    That sounds full on.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

  8. #28178
    Member Sarvo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Marlborough
    Posts
    1,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    Yeah, probably @Rushy. Never actually seen them do it though. With the buttons still on their heads they get them into the mesh and just lever it apart and then get through the hole. So much for stock management. It can be a bit of a free for all if we don't notice the holes straight away. With 700 stags on the property it is a bit of a battle. They are still roaring too.
    Venison has hit $11 - is that correct ??
    Are you breeding as well ???

  9. #28179
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    kaiapoi
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by ROKTOY View Post
    Walked in the door at home tonight to a decent sized parcel sitting on the table.
    My wife looks at me "I thought you weren't buying anymore stuff?"
    "I haven't"
    "uh huh"
    Open up the box, and start lifting off layers and layers of bubble wrap, cool, the boy will have fun later on....
    Attachment 89667


    But I get to play now...
    Attachment 89668Attachment 89669Attachment 89671Attachment 89672Attachment 89673

    It's big and feels solid, the square profile on the handle put me off at first but it actually fits the hand really well. The saw teeth feel like they will cut really well.
    I think I like it. Time to take it camping and try it out.
    Thankyou @terryf
    Good shit.... you got it then. Bringing it to pengys for a look?

  10. #28180
    Member ROKTOY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    762
    Quote Originally Posted by csmiffy View Post
    Good shit.... you got it then. Bringing it to pengys for a look?
    Yep, Could do,

  11. #28181
    Member Ryan_Songhurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    South Island
    Posts
    5,476
    Weekly #27gang/team seagull catchup, solving the world's problems one at a time..
    Name:  received_1949322948425298.jpeg
Views: 94
Size:  29.2 KB
    Shootm, Angus_A, BRADS and 2 others like this.
    #27GANG

  12. #28182
    Member Shearer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Tasman
    Posts
    2,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarvo View Post
    Venison has hit $11 - is that correct ??
    Are you breeding as well ???
    Yeah. Only about 200 hinds on the place though.
    PS. I don't own the place. I am chief assistant gate opener.
    Last edited by Shearer; 19-06-2018 at 10:06 PM.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

  13. #28183
    Almost literate. veitnamcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    18,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Weekly #27gang/team seagull catchup, solving the world's problems one at a time..
    Attachment 89674
    When did @phillipo start on the glass bbq?
    BRADS likes this.
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

    Chicken Intolerant.

  14. #28184
    Member BRADS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Central Hawkes Bay
    Posts
    7,910
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    When did @phillipo start on the glass bbq?
    Hes been sunbathing at Chernobyl where his exact words

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Ryan_Songhurst likes this.

  15. #28185
    Member Frogfeatures's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Auckland, city of millionaire home owners !
    Posts
    566
    Quote Originally Posted by Cigar View Post
    Well it was cancer...
    The doctor reckoned they got it all, if i understood correctly a size/grade 2 tumour and cancer in 3 of 13 lymph nodes they removed. He said as far as he is concerned I don't have cancer, but he expects the oncology people will probably recommend chemotherapy - I'll cross that bridge if/when it happens.
    Doctor said my brother and sister need to have colonoscopies as me being under 50 with confirmed bowel cancer puts them in the very high risk group. My sister says she needs that in writing, my brother is in denial I might make them a butt cam voucher each for Christmas!

    So overall a bad news/good news kind of afternoon, could have done without the nearly 2 hour wait though. I can go back to work on light duties next week, but no heavy lifting for another 2-4 weeks. It looks like at least a few more months with the colostomy bag before they will reverse the surgery, even without chemo.
    All the best
    Chemoís a bitch, take care of yourself, and donít push yourself
    Listen to your body
    Just had chemo today so I speak from experience, unfortunately
    Plan your next hunting trip, I certainly am !
    veitnamcam and Angus_A like this.
    He nui to ngaromanga, he iti to putanga.

    You depart with mighty boasts, but you come back having done little.
    Sounds like a typical hunting trip !

 

 

Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!