Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: HRV - yes or no

HRV - yes or no

Just had the guy round to go through putting a system in............... i do have a damp house, can see the dampness in the doors, but have done a fair bit of work diverting water away from the house and put polythene under the place to stop rising damp, the place is drying out for sure but we are out of the wet season, was looking at getting the heat transfer system aswell as the normal system, i was given a mitre 10 heat transfer system but have been hesitant to put it in because i cant be fucked putting in a crappy system, i dont mind spending the money if its done right, they are running a 3 year interest free payment option at the moment witch is attractive, the system is just over 5k
    Dont waste your time chasing every last fps, it doesnt matter in the real world, it wont make a difference, all it will do is cause head aches and frustrations. And dont listen to silly old cunts

SiB
    Well I have installed the basic heat transfer system in both my house and bach. Absolutely swear by them. A $400 dehumidifier with a permanent drain line fitted sorted out the damp in the bach.

Best $500 odd I ever spent. I installed it myself. I certainly am not convinced an HRV system for its bigger dollars was correspondingly better

I would advise going for the larger note pipe heat tf system per the three/four room system. It's waaaa quieter than my two room system in the house here. The bigger motor runs slower.

That's my 2v worth
    308 likes this.

SiB
    Edit; larger bore. Not note. Sheesh

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    Bought a house with it already installed and its great. Rooms always fresh and dry. Ours is just the standard system to level the temp to whatever you have it set at.

res
    Have had it installed in one place and a homemade version in another. Both seem to work just as well as each other but one was 1/4 the price.
    Using Tapatalk

Nope, smart vent system, I think manrose does them

Home Ventilation | SmartVent for home ventilation systems and ERV, Energy Recovery Ventilation

Better system and you can also set up a summer function that pulls cooler air from the cold side of your house
    Tuidog likes this.

HRV use there own fan and control. I don't know what their warranty is but they charge like Bulls for replacement parts that you can only buy thru them, ask about replacement parts and pricing. I wouldnt use them because of their pricing,
    gadgetman and mikee like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

We had a large rental house in Auckland and it had a nasty level of condensation in it. Always felt damp and unwelcoming.

Put an HRV in it and immediately was waaay better. Our son and all his flatmates were thrilled with the improvement.

Im sure they have starred on fair go before.

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

I put a ivent (?) system in, 2k I think. Not a big fan of HRV mainly because their pricing.

HRV are a marketing company, they are only interested in the sale and the profit IMHO. There are companies that sell powertools that fit in that category, sell sell sell but no backup or care. Generators as well! just trying to get a control module for a TRADE TESTED? Yeah right! diesel gen set, how easy is that! nope have no idea what im talking about, please send photo, pity they dont know their product!! Marketing Company, profit driven?
    Steve123 and Fawls like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

have one installed in our house that we rent. 2 weeks after it was installed i pulled the plug on it. i use a dehumidifier instead and its far more useful. the HRV systems on sale here seem nothing more than a filter/fan setup whereas in europe they use a heat exchanger which makes sense. all the nz ones do is manage to push any cooled or warmed air out of the house and remember that with a tiled roof humidity inside the ceiling space is about the same humidity as outside anyway.
    by all means fit a heat transfer system to take warm air to parts of your house but i would never recommend a hrv system
    Steve123 likes this.

Brought a cheap mitre 10 job and installed it in a flat in Dunedin iwas at for a while, in tandem with a room dehumidifier it worked wonders. Don't have a need for one in my house at the moment but would put a d.i.y. System in anywhere I lived and damp was a problem

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    Brought a cheap mitre 10 job and installed it in a flat in Dunedin iwas at for a while, in tandem with a room dehumidifier it worked wonders. Don't have a need for one in my house at the moment but would put a d.i.y. System in anywhere I lived and damp was a problem
    what we do when we move house is put the dehumidifier in a room with an oil column heater on low output with it. after a day change rooms and after each room is done independently leave the dehumidifier in roughly the middle of the house. no mold, mildew etc. far better than a hrv system

R93
    Have it in our place. Fuckers that installed it, ring up every year and want 300 bucks for service and filter change.

We never have condensation so I suppose it works but that's about all I can say about it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.