Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree14Likes
  • 6 Post By sightpicture
  • 2 Post By scotty
  • 1 Post By gonetropo
  • 3 Post By Cordite
  • 1 Post By sightpicture
  • 1 Post By sightpicture

Thread: I am only me...

I am only me...

I speak for myself.

Some people (out of surely only the miniscule number who even care to read what I write, I'm no illusions hehe), are in vehement or polite disagreement; others in vehement or polite agreement; and then there's a few others in the middle section.

However - it's come to my attention that some people think other people have claimed to speak for them and find that simply awful.

Salman Rushdie says it best:

“Nobody has the right to not be offended. That right doesn't exist in any declaration I have ever read.

If you are offended it is your problem, and frankly lots of things offend lots of people.

I can walk into a bookshop and point out a number of books that I find very unattractive in what they say. But it doesn't occur to me to burn the bookshop down. If you don't like a book, read another book. If you start reading a book and you decide you don't like it, nobody is telling you to finish it.

To read a 600-page novel and then say that it has deeply offended you: well, you have done a lot of work to be offended.”

Bear with me for the analogy: ...to read all the postings across the spectrum of posters in the forum's sections and then conflate them and say all these different shades of disagreeableness are deeply offensive unto my sight - well, some people seem to have done a lot of work... just sayin'.

to quote someone from the best movie of all time....... "yes we are all individuals!"
    if you dont know what movie it is then ...well thats just sad
    Shearer and Blisters like this.

Well, Carol Cleveland was in it - almost as easy on the eye as Wanda Ventham... they don't make them like that anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by sightpicture View Post
    Well, Carol Cleveland was in it - almost as easy on the eye as Wanda Ventham... they don't make them like that anymore.
    hard to believe wanda had such an ugly kid

Quote Originally Posted by scotty View Post
    to quote someone from the best movie of all time....... "yes we are all individuals!"
    if you dont know what movie it is then ...well thats just sad
    ......i'm not

btw i'm not the messiah
    Shearer likes this.

Sleep on it @sightpicture. Forum disagreements are like storms in a coffee cup, they spill everything out but it is only a few millilitres. Go for a walk, and get some proportion and fresh air.
    7mmsaum, Steve123 and Blisters like this.

@Cordite - thanks for your thoughts, but I gotta work overnight - will take the air in the morning. Looks like being a nice day in the 'hood...
    Cordite likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    ......i'm not

btw i'm not the messiah
    Nope - apparently we're all just naughty boys!
    Shearer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sightpicture View Post
    Nope - apparently we're all just naughty boys!
    Crash! Clang clang clang. ....... RUN!!!