Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: i-phone 4 or 5 ?

i-phone 4 or 5 ?

Right, now I know this is short notice but I have a meeting with a Telecom Dude to sort out a new plan & phone tomorrow morning.
    As I am changing back over to Telecom they have some pretty sharpish plans etc.
    I have decided I "need" an i-phone.
    Do I get a 4 or 5 ?
    Obviously the 5 is brand new & I'm kinda leaning that way, but I don't know if they have all the bugs ironed out ?
    I have a bit of experience using my i-pod, but it still going to be a massive leap "forward ?" from my Nokia..
    I'm kind of an old bugger now I guess & this techno stuff leaves me a fair way behind...

Just use the one on the wall
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

I dont know about iPhones much im a samsung man but iPhone 5 should be a bit better if your a old bugga, bigger screen
    VIVA LA HOWA

Re: i-phone 4 or 5 ?

I fukn hate i phones:screwy:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Impure Lead Flinger
    Take a look at the moterolla atrix or the samsung s3 them ipoos are just ovapriced hype!!

AB Precision
    Quote Originally Posted by baldbob View Post
    Take a look at the moterolla atrix or the samsung s3 them ipoos are just ovapriced hype!!
    +1 S3 goes well

Get a 4s, let other suckers find all the bugs on the new ones.

I started using a iPhone and also an iPad back in june and hardly ever open my laptop now.

When on the road use tapatalk on the phone for the forum or I wireless hotspot the phone to connect the iPad for better viewing.
    DAF likes this.
    If its guns, tits or tyres it's going to cost you lots of money

got a samsung galaxy S2, shifted from a iphone 3GS. best move i ever made. samsung S3 is very nice.

just remember, only diff for NZ customers between 4S and 5 is 4 more icons on home screen.

Go linux (android), a lot more competition so much better. Masses of good apps out there too. Samsung, Sony, ...

Anything apple you pay three times as much for something quirky with a sticker of a half eaten bit of fruit and a little i at the start of the name. Apple try telling everyone they are doing something new, but in reality are running about 7 years behind Nokia.

Have you guys tried the Sterlok app?
    VIVA LA HOWA

DAF
    I found the iPhone 4s is a solid model, I use it for everything these days, I am upgrading soon to the 5 (the kids smashed the glass in mine) so will see how that goes
    "Such is life..." - Ned Kelly
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Karori Rifle Club
    http://karoririfleclub.co.nz/

hey my good wife has a new i phone its the four i think not five. i am talking apple. she really likes it and it is easy to use. i have not had a play with it yet{the i phone !!} but from wot she tells me it is great. i dont think u will be dissapointed.

I just lost my phone and had to get a new one. Luckily I was due for a new one on my plan. I looked at the 5 and the 4S and in the end got the 4S. The main reason was that the 5 was going to be $600 whereas the 4S was $49. I'm told that aside from the bigger screen the 5 offers little advantage.

What ever you wind up getting, get a 'Lifeproof' case - they are supposed to be indestructable.(I have one on order)

iPhone Cases and iPad Cases | LifeProof

http://www.diversenz.co.nz/products/...ne_case/30/68/
    If my work annoys me, I cull them

I had a 3GS, got my wife a 4, and then upgraded mine to a 4S.

I'm not running out to buy the 5, but if the opportunity arose, I would.

Regarding letting someone else sort out the bugs, it's a bit of a misnomer as both phones will have the same operating system. Yeah, you'll get the odd hardware issue with ANY phone from ANY manufacturer, but I'd probably recommend you go with the 5.

BUT, having said that, although i'm a devout Apple fan, I am reasonable enough to recognise that there are limitations with every option. I'm guessing you don't have any real justification for this pressing 'need' for an iPhone If you did, think carefully about what you want to achieve from the phone, and check if all those options are available for you going the iPhone route?

I have both the iPhone and an iPad, I run my business from them, they handle emails, contacts, multiple calendars for myself and staff. That is the core and most smart phones are going to handle that with ease. But I have seamless integration across both these and my desktop and server.

Just go for it, you won't look back. Get a protective case if you're inclined to knock phones around a bit. Screen protectors are a love/hate thing. I personally hate them, but I take care of my products well. My wife has a screen protector on hers as it'll brush up against keys and all sorts in her handbag etc

John

I have one of those cases, waterproof to 2m and drop proof on concrete from a meter or so.

I talked to a lot of users and there seemed to be similar review, android great for some things and poor for other stuff, apple good mid range across the board, if your using a iPod etc working with a phone using the same platform makes sense.
    If its guns, tits or tyres it's going to cost you lots of money