Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch NZGR

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031
Like Tree294Likes

Thread: I wanna make beer?

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Real hopped Brown Ale. Maybe should have thown even more in as its a touch sweet. Still tastes good though and at a mild 4.5% its pretty easy drinking.
    Wildman and Shearer like this.
    The Universe is a cruel, uncaring void. The key to being happy isn't a search for meaning. It's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually, you'll be dead. -Mr Peanutbutter

Double Dragon IIPA. Te Aro Brewing recipe from Brewtopia.

After a long couple days away from home itís nice to come home to a decent beer.
    Three of my favourite hops with Pacific Jade, Mosaic and my super favourite Falconerís Flight. Three separate dry hop additions make it juicy as.
    300CALMAN likes this.
    The Universe is a cruel, uncaring void. The key to being happy isn't a search for meaning. It's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually, you'll be dead. -Mr Peanutbutter

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Double Dragon IIPA. Te Aro Brewing recipe from Brewtopia. After a long couple days away from home it’s nice to come home to a decent beer.
    Three of my favourite hops with Pacific Jade, Mosaic and my super favourite Falconer’s Flight. Three separate dry hop additions make it juicy as.
    Love Double IPA

first plane jane ale almost finished!Name:  20171116_215710_resized.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  661.6 KB
    kiwijames likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 300CALMAN View Post
    Love Double IPA

first plane jane ale almost finished!Attachment 78790
    Liking the Fermentasaurus? The yeast trap at the bottom is cool.
    Are you pressure fermenting? Youíve probably already told me but after 2 glasses Iím half cut and canít remember

Liking the Fermentasaurus? The yeast trap at the bottom is cool.
    Are you pressure fermenting? You’ve probably already told me but after 2 glasses I’m half cut and can’t remember
    Yes that's the only down side or maybe one of many up sides to Double IPA. Lots of Alcohol

Too early to say if I like it but yes definitely pressure fermenting but had a little oops with the seal ring on the lid poping out under pressure. They tell me not to use lubricant (against their YouTube instructions) and I have now removed and sterilised/cleaned the pressure head with meths so hopefully I will be bottling under pressure tomorrow! The ale smells good for a dried hop enhanced liquid extract beer.

Animal Rights Activist Bavarian_Hunter's Avatar
    Wee porter I made, pretty keen to make the most of this weather with a saison next.

I've spent the last couple of weeks trying to work on a new English IPA but incorporating some Aussie hops. Hard without beersmith, house is almost back together though so look out!

Just bottled my Xmas brews, did a real tropical pale ale and a blonde. Not sure on the blonde though pretty sure it got an infection, pale should be good though.

Loving this brewing stuff though, anyone with any tips on a couple of AG pale or IPA recipes showcasing some NZ hops would be appreciated

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Wildman likes this.
    I prefer my meat in its original packaging

Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX_q8lGytlOHspljC7H6_AA

Nelson Sauvin is the kiwi hop of the year. I would like to try a Sav SMASH one day. Tuatara do one called Sauvinova. Its jolly good.
    Beersmith is a good app. Look for the brewer "Brewtopia". You will fimd some great IPA/APA recipes there.
    Wildman and Bavarian_Hunter like this.

Aussie has recently released a hop called Galaxy. Similar to Citra with a real fruity/citrus flavour. Hard to find in regularity here in NZ. You may fare better off in the homeland Galaxy.

Animal Rights Activist Bavarian_Hunter's Avatar
    Aussie has recently released a hop called Galaxy. Similar to Citra with a real fruity/citrus flavour. Hard to find in regularity here in NZ. You may fare better off in the homeland Galaxy.
    The pale I just bottled was full of late addition and dry hopped galaxy, I love the real passionfruit flavours and aromas it throws.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    kiwijames likes this.
    I prefer my meat in its original packaging

Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX_q8lGytlOHspljC7H6_AA

OK @kiwijames forgot to update but here it is my first brew. Let's just call it "Goat Improved" a "lucky Goat" pale ale with extra hops (backyard grown smoothcone) added. It's going down a treat. Not a good photo but here it is.

Name:  beer.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  285.2 KB
    Bavarian_Hunter likes this.

looking like I might send the fermentasourus back. Can't get it to seal.

Quote Originally Posted by 300CALMAN View Post
    looking like I might send the fermentasourus back. Can't get it to seal.
    No good. Beer looks OK though!