Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
Like Tree388Likes

Thread: If not NZ, where...

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    Perspective.

My son-in-law in the UK sent me this message this-morning ...

"Been watching the rolling news since this morning on & off - seemed largely as polls said so be interesting to see what St Jacinda does without Winston for company. You might not think much of her but its comforting for a lot of the rest of the world to see a politician get a landslide for not being vile.. if she annoys you, just bring up a picture of Boris and remind yourself that the grass is always browner somewhere :-) ".
    But is Boris actually vile?

Couldn't help but think that remark read just like the now popular narrative.....conservative/nationalistic = contemptible, while left/flimflam/so-called progressive = admirable?

Karl du Fresne: What no one's talked about during this election campaign

for a well crafted thoughtful counter-point (or 3) ..... in my view.
    outlander likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post

Then ask why our nurses that worked through Cindys lockdown , you know the ones that had / were on the Covid 19 front had to go on strike to get a pay rise ...will still be shat on next pay round
    None of them would've voted Labour then, would they?
    outlander likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post

Couldn't help but think that remark read just like the now popular narrative.....conservative/nationalistic = contemptible, while left/flimflam/so-called progressive = admirable?

I simply don't know. It wasn't my comment, but like everything I imagine that it is a matter of perspective and political persuasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post

Hit the nail on the head with that article for sure...
    Steve123, stevodog and outlander like this.
    born to hunt - forced to work

think a few people in this forum need to get off the internet, particularly the american (all of it) side of it and get out and about for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Who do the government's borrow all this money off? Nobody seems to know. Most of the world is doing it.
    I think they just give themselves a bank balance. Then they can set their own interest rate and even forgive the loan later when they want more.

It has not been "money" or more to the point a tangible valued currency for decades.
    Money today is not worth the paper it is “no longer” printed on
    It is nothing – just a digit on a screen
    So, a Billion is just a 0 added to a Million.
    Get my point !!
    It’s worth nothing – the only worth or value is held by the lenders to demand a tangible commodity in return if you default
    It’s the biggest con in History !!
    nor-west, Woody and outlander like this.

Quote Originally Posted by stevodog View Post
    https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/...mics-equality/

Is this the sort of thing you're talking about?
    Yep. The Great Reset. Got 1984 written all over it.
    stevodog likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by XR500 View Post
    . Pretty pleased I can just hunker down with own power supply, own food supply, 3 years diesel and a dozer to shut all the roads and tracks in here
    You just need a few semi autos and your set..

Quote Originally Posted by Konev View Post
    think a few people in this forum need to get off the internet, particularly the american (all of it) side of it and get out and about for a bit.
    As you sit there tapping away on the keyboard......on the internet
    outlander likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by XR500 View Post
    Even scarier is that Covid seems to have come along just when it was needed......by the World Economic forum (google Davos), UN Agenda 2030 devotees and all sorts of other "trust us, we know what we are doing" types. Fuckin scary. Pretty pleased I can just hunker down with own power supply, own food supply, 3 years diesel and a dozer to shut all the roads and tracks in here
    I took delivery of a brand new 30t excavator last week, just need to stock up on ammo and Iím all set.
    Beaker, Maxx and XR500 like this.

Here i thought Sage was done with having a say in parliament. Turns out Cindy has offered her a position as chair or deputy chair on a environmental select committee. So she'll still be trying her best to weasel her propaganda to the table.
    This is all if the greens take the deal offered.

i would definitely go back to the philippines,,most there speak english n our (dollar)goes a long way

Quote Originally Posted by Mauser308 View Post
    At the end of the next three years, I see NZ either being well on the way to failed statehood or, very highly desired and can set it's own price for the rich to fund the place as their own personal 'bolt hole'.
    Is the latter not already the case?

Most of the Highlands got fucked by the aristocracy splitting up the land to pay off death taxes and keep their personal wealth.

50,000 acre estates became 5 - 10,000 estates, all fenced up and doing their own thing. Big money Europeans have been buying up land big style and are exterminating the deer in the hope that trees will grow back, even in places that have been bog/moorland for millennia.

As put so well by another post on here, money has lost its meaning for the government, should set some alarm bells off!

I'm investing in the primer futures market
    Moa Hunter likes this.