Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: If you're business is guiding why would you post a vid like this?

If you're business is guiding why would you post a vid like this?

This has got to be some of the worst shooting I've seen. Lots of misses, shots at goats among farm stock, poor firearms safety (around about 5mins into the vid), wounded animals tearing down a farmers fence (6mins) too.

Why would you post a vid like this?

Goat shooting in New Zealand part 2 - YouTube

Some of their other videos also full of misses, and wounded animals.
    Last edited by scottrods; 24-06-2012 at 09:31 PM.

AB Precision
    Quote Originally Posted by scottrods View Post
    This has got to be some of the worst shooting I've seen. Lots of misses, shots at goats among farm stock, poor firearms safety (around about 5mins into the vid), wounded animals tearing down a farmers fence (6mins) too.

Why would you post a vid like this?

Goat shooting in New Zealand part 2 - YouTube

Some of their other videos also full of misses, and wounded animals.
    Would be fair to say they can shoot for shit, watch there 1st part of that also

Tony and Ross (the guides) are both excellent marksmen. They're well known over here and they've killed more deer than any of us will ever see.

But the guys they have shooting in these videos are pretty shocking.

I've watched a lot of their other videos (and am in a few) and haven't seen many misses... but in saying that, it's average Joe's going out to shoot a deer for the freezer.

Why lie about how shooting is and just show perfect headshots time and time again? Everyone misses.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by RimfireNZ View Post
    Tony and Ross (the guides) are both excellent marksmen. They're well known over here and they've killed more deer than any of us will ever see.But the guys they have shooting in these videos are pretty shocking.

I've watched a lot of their other videos (and am in a few) and haven't seen many misses... but in saying that, it's average Joe's going out to shoot a deer for the freezer.

Why lie about how shooting is and just show perfect headshots time and time again? Everyone misses.

Thats a bold and assuming statement.
    Dougie likes this.

AB Precision
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Thats a bold and assuming statement.
    thats why theres not fcuking deer on the coast dave has slayed them alll....................

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by tui_man2 View Post
    thats why theres not fcuking deer on the coast dave has slayed them alll....................
    No, Abe. Its the 1080. They are still getting heaps from the machines around Haast though. And I just get to look at the same flat endless tracks of land. Even tho its way better money here, I miss doing my animals. I may come back and get into it again before it all dies.

AB Precision
    haha i ment that the dave rain i mean 1080 'green rain' sored 250m away from work............................

Will it die tho? the animals will still be there but i spose are getting more not so chopper friendly?

R93
    Yeah it will die sometime. If it goes under $4 a kilo it become fruitless unless your getting 5-6 an hour depending on machine. Another slim year like 2009-2010 would just about do it.
    Some buggers are just too stubborn to know when they are beaten and will carry on at a loss.
    I cant afford to do it anymore unless I operate a smaller machine and the trouble is I will never go near a 22 or the like again. Hate the friggin things with a passion, too many mates including my best one have lost their lives in them.

Quote Originally Posted by RimfireNZ View Post
    Tony and Ross (the guides) are both excellent marksmen. They're well known over here and they've killed more deer than any of us will ever see.

But the guys they have shooting in these videos are pretty shocking.

maybe so, but why post images of their clients letting badly wounded and gut shot animals stagger around, stuck in a fence or the clients unloading while pointing at his mate. Just not good PR.

Quote Originally Posted by scottrods View Post
    maybe so, but why post images of their clients letting badly wounded and gut shot animals stagger around, stuck in a fence or the clients unloading while pointing at his mate. Just not good PR.
    Yeah I don't know mate. Just saying I've been out with them quite a few times for some meat hunts. Very friendly, safe and experienced guys.

The guy on the WSM couldn't shoot straight. Consistently shooting way above the animals or hitting them halfway back. None of the ranges were far enough to make a boiler room shot even slightly hard.

I would be chuffed to have a crack at that many goats. That'd be a good day out.

I hear you on that. Stinkies and wallabies in numbers teach you trigger control, long range prep for real and even the odd running shot.

Cant really see a problem . We all miss if we are honest Scottrods !!! I thought it was not bad really , but at the end of the day theres allways some that think they are perfect . Ive only shot a couple but i miss sometimes and wound shit too .

Good luck to them is all i can say.

tony hunts with tosser thomas in some of there episodes of outdoors with jeff he must have learnt off him
    Weatherby mkv or nothing

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyghost View Post
    Cant really see a problem . We all miss if we are honest Scottrods !!! I thought it was not bad really , but at the end of the day theres allways some that think they are perfect . Ive only shot a couple but i miss sometimes and wound shit too .

Good luck to them is all i can say.
    LOL......... a couple! You're a crack up. What I have shot from a machine would have to be tripled to catch up to you I would think.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    LOL......... a couple! You're a crack up. What I have shot from a machine would have to be tripled to catch up to you I would think.
    Well 5...or six ,, But whos counting ....!