Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Investments.

Investments.

Ok getting sick of interest rates going below 3%, what else is out there with a reasonable return? getting 10% on my super but that's got a 25K annual cap nowadays. Maybe Energy or Foodstuff shares. Any suggestions please.

Gold, Silver, crypto currency what I do, but that slightly different from the Norm.

I'd be nervous to dump coin into shares, simply because it is election year and China's Corona virus, other than that, I'd look into a good companies that you on profits also.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Whats kiwisaver doing, is there an annual limit? could dump it all in my wifes account only 2 years away from being able to get it back.

Mark 5 Weatherbys . They are good investments
    nor-west, 199p, tetawa and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by nor-west View Post
    Whats kiwisaver doing, is there an annual limit? could dump it all in my wifes account only 2 years away from being able to get it back.
    Kiwisaver depends on the global economy and what your fund is set up like.

If you have 2 years til retirement then I would be inclined to have a conservative Kiwisaver fund. To try and keep the balance that you have if it goes bad.

Index funds would be a good thing to consider. Simplicity is usually a very good, competitive option.
    tetawa and stevodog like this.

Im having a little play with the sharesies app. its a very easy way to have a play with a few shares or investment funds and see if you like it.
    stevodog likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ANOTHERHUNTER View Post
    Mark 5 Weatherbys . They are good investments
    You shot the Forbes yet? And aren't you meant to be taking some pics of rifles to sell
    ANOTHERHUNTER likes this.

Cole
    Invest in 3M, they are bound to do well selling face masks at the moment!

Mine is doing pretty ok. 7-9% sort of return. It goes up and down. No limit for putting in lump sums. Im well past 65 but use it to invest any spare income into. Nice little nest egg. The exposure is that if the sharemarket slumps you could lose a lot of your gains.
    Dama dama and Maca49 like this.

You shot the Forbes yet? And aren't you meant to be taking some pics of rifles to sell

It shoots very well.

Land
    stingray, Woody, chainsaw and 4 others like this.

res
    Index funds are my preference for set and forget investment if you have a longer timeframe in mind, property is what has raised my net worth the most over the years though(and as a 81 baby I'm a cursed millennial). I have had really REALLY good returns with peer to peer lending platforms but they are a bit of work to keep all your $ working.
    stevodog likes this.
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    Mine is doing pretty ok. 7-9% sort of return. It goes up and down. No limit for putting in lump sums. Im well past 65 but use it to invest any spare income into. Nice little nest egg. The exposure is that if the sharemarket slumps you could lose a lot of your gains.
    At over 65 this is a really bad idea and counter to conventional investment advice.

This is the longest bull market in history. A correction is overdue, to put it mildly. Central banks are largely out of ammo to do anything major about it.

At >65 you are not in a position to wait out the market and recover your losses (>10 years).

Maybe everyone in this thread should consider the "buy low, sell high" rule and mention that we are a year past the longest bull market in history and the economy was slowing down before Covid 19.
    Snowgrass, tetawa, Friwi and 3 others like this.

And then Coronavirus is going to grab you by the balls and fcuk everything, a right royal shambles.
    sightpicture likes this.

I'd stay away from shares (anywhere) at present, the markets are overdue a correction. The Coronavirus issues are likely to accelerate this & could increase size of correction. Trumps doing everything he can to pump capital markets prior to US elections but I dont think he/they can stave off a drop. Buy property, become a landlord and get raped ("again" if your a FAL holder) by this govt Coalition of Losers.
    Moa Hunter likes this.