Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: ISIS?

ISIS?

Mainstream media was right we Aussies are just racist intolerant bigots, there's no risk here.

Live: Siege at Sydney's Martin Place

No religion or politics but racism is fine? Steady boys you look silly.
    Grim and JRW87 like this.

another tragedy unfolds as a misguided individual vents his hates on society . religious dogma has a lot to answer for again.
    Grim, Yukon and res like this.

At least the ozzys acted, when it happenes here our forces will still be trying to talk him out 3 weeks later.
    stingray likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

My comment looks a bit out of place now. There was a need for it yesterday FYI
    Grim and GravelBen like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    Terrorism is a political term. If the government is not intent on using an incident as leverage, such an individual is referred to as a CRIMINAL.
    There is a difference when the perpetrator is doing it for publicly claimed political reasons too, its not just governments who assign that label (as fashionable as it is to blame them for everything).

Criminal and Terrorist are not mutually esclusive terms. This particular criminal was attempting to cause fear (or terror you might say) among a much wider group than his immediate victims, for political/religious reasons - I think that fits the normal definition of 'terrorist' don't you?
    Savage1 and gadgetman like this.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    At least the ozzys acted, when it happenes here our forces will still be trying to talk him out 3 weeks later.
    That would depend who they used.
    I would rather a military element do the initial intell and entry over any police unit we or Australia have. They have real world experience and train for it everyday. They do not train once in a while and go back to another role.

If you have to enter a hostage situation with force it is only going to end up one way.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Beaker likes this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Like all stories theres two sides. however based on my four decades plus of dealing with malfunctioning hum an beings ,like tussocks a lot very bloody tragic.Im driven to wonder at times about the proclamation that humans are the most intelligent of all species.it seemsto me -we want to control anything&everything ,and if given a chance -stuff it up gloriously(at times) but also in spite of ample evidence to the contrary as to positive outcomes make racist practises a common feature of societal mores.
    This bloke (if media reports are accurate) ,appears to be a self styled Iman,also apparently a spiritual healer ,astrologist etc etc. Given his iranian parentage Im not suprised to see elements of persecutory ideation .we are all aware of some of the regimes in this part of the world and their frank disregard for any rights of their peoples bar their own ,so thats not suprising.
    Misogyny is rapidly increasing in extremist islamic dogma,although It seems at odds with what most moderate islamists here in NZ tell us about Allah&the koran.
    There is also a seemingly unchallenged overzealous adherence to anything these extremist leaders may want to say ,which i suspect has resulted in a lot of expendable human life being expended!
    Frankly im buggered if i know what if anything can be done about it as it seems the gulf is becoming wider by the day.
    anyhow ,thats my musings ,so on a more positive note -everyone enjoy your festive season and remember the great words "how yar goin -need a hand" a smile costs nothing but the rewards are priceless!
    gadgetman and stingray like this.

I'll break the rule here a little too Tussock, I largely agree.

A few centuries ago it was the Christians doing exactly what the Islamic State are doing at the moment with their crusades. It was all a bit of a mistake and cost many lives. Basically it came to their attention that the heart of the Christian world was surrounded by non Christians and a plan was hatched to go to the rescue. The reality was that the situation was fine and had been for centuries. At the end of the day, due to poor planning, when the city was locked up at night they had to get the non Christians to lock the gates from the outside and hand the key back through the bars in the gate. This process was reversed in the morning. Muslims and Christians actually have the same god but follow different prophets and have very similar ideals in the most part.

I like the idea of another project/mission. Time for some positives.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    That would depend who they used.
    I would rather a military element do the initial intell and entry over any police unit we or Australia have. They have real world experience and train for it everyday. They do not train once in a while and go back to another role.

If you have to enter a hostage situation with force it is only going to end up one way.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    I don't agree or disagree, but the Special Tactics Group is full time and train for exactly this, they don't have another role to go back to. They often train with SAS and Commandos. I've seen the STG operate and they're pretty slick.

I'm not saying they are better than SAS as I've never seen them operate and no doubt the SAS has more experience coming out of the middle east.
    gadgetman likes this.

I spent a bit of time in the Xinjiang province a little over a decade ago, which is basically a small muslim country controlled by China. I experienced warmth and hospitality that I experienced nowhere else in my travels - and it wasn't at the hands of the Chinese, but the Urghurs, the local Muslims. They have such a strict moral code that not only was I treated like a king, I felt very safe in the hands of complete strangers.

I saw a newspaper article titled "WHO IS ISIS?" recently in the herald. I couldn't help but think of the old Gallipoli story of the Diggers who on a ceasefire played soccer with the Turks. When anANZAC asked the Turk what he was doing here and the Turk replied "These are my fields, my familys house used to stand over there" the whole Anzac team fell speechless, some weeping. Who is ISIS? Probably you and I, if we had faced decades of foreign oppression.

Sorry mods for the politics, you can smack my arse now
    Grim likes this.

The situation in Sydney has (had) absolutely nothing to do with ISIS, for what it's worth.

I find it pathetic nobody helped the lady who decided to have a go at the gunman and the people who ran away put the others lives in jeaprody. Whatever happened to women and children first.

I wasnt in the situation but I would like to think I would never disgrace myself like that. Surely the muzzle of the shotgun could have been grabbed and held in a safe direction then somebody else clobbered him? Hindsight is always 20/20 and I have all the time in the world to analyse it I suppose.

TBH i haven't been following it as the story is not what will be in the media as per usual these days

But if the lady attacked the gun men like posted above then i feel very shameful towards the others who did not help her

Quote Originally Posted by Pointer View Post
    I spent a bit of time in the Xinjiang province a little over a decade ago, which is basically a small muslim country controlled by China. I experienced warmth and hospitality that I experienced nowhere else in my travels - and it wasn't at the hands of the Chinese, but the Urghurs, the local Muslims. They have such a strict moral code that not only was I treated like a king, I felt very safe in the hands of complete strangers.

I saw a newspaper article titled "WHO IS ISIS?" recently in the herald. I couldn't help but think of the old Gallipoli story of the Diggers who on a ceasefire played soccer with the Turks. When anANZAC asked the Turk what he was doing here and the Turk replied "These are my fields, my familys house used to stand over there" the whole Anzac team fell speechless, some weeping. Who is ISIS? Probably you and I, if we had faced decades of foreign oppression.

Sorry mods for the politics, you can smack my arse now
    Sorry but I wish there was an unlike button.

ISIS are not fighting over being oppressed in their own lands, they are a bunch of wankers who feel they need to convert everyone to Islam, or kill them if they wont.
    They aren't even fighting in their own lands, they are all foreigners who have joined together to spread their goodnews. Hence why there is so much of a deal regarding what to do with people who are NZ citizens but feel the need to kill people who don't follow Sharia law.
    Kscott, GravelBen, Ryan and 1 others like this.