Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Jobs

Jobs

Hey guys,

Sorry i'm not around as much anymore. Everything has been rather hectic.
    Unfortunately the head chefs position i was meant to be taking at the end of the year fell through and now i'm left in something of an awkward position. I'm going to try my hardest to make the best of this but it's all a bit tough. Does anyone know of any hospo jobs going in wellington? I can't find bloody anything at the moment, anyone need catering? Got a date you wanna impress by pretending you can cook? Let me know!

On a side note i'm out of hospital now, feeling like a million bucks and i owe it to all of you guys. I know some of you think this forum has become a little dead but for the ones that stick around, you're like a second family to me and I owe you my life and eternal gratitude for always being around when i needed someone most.

Anyway, just thought i'd ask, just in case
    "A party without cake is just a meeting" - Juila Child

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Hey Angus it sucks big time that you have lost that job. Had they given you a letter of offer or a contract before it fell through? Anyways I am really glad to hear you are out of hospital and feeling a million. I am sure everyone else here will feel the same. Good luck with the job hunt. For your own sake take any job that is offered even if it is flipping burgers and then once you have some cash coming in you can look further for the role you really want.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Chin up Angus as one door closes another one opens

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Hey Angus it sucks big time that you have lost that job. Had they given you a letter of offer or a contract before it fell through? Anyways I am really glad to hear you are out of hospital and feeling a million. I am sure everyone else here will feel the same. Good luck with the job hunt. For your own sake take any job that is offered even if it is flipping burgers and then once you have some cash coming in you can look further for the role you really want.
    +1 . As Rushy said take any job , as I can say when the chips where Down for me work wise (carpenter) I take anything , even shit money , and always came out on top in the end . Someone would offer me a better position or opportunity . Gets you noticed , hard to get exposure at home .

Might use this time to finish writing my cookbook, need to get the photography done. Found some connections in publishing. It's a long shot but yeah.
    Munsey and stingray like this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Angus_A View Post
    Might use this time to finish writing my cookbook, need to get the photography done. Found some connections in publishing. It's a long shot but yeah.
    Do it Angus
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Do it Angus
    definitly
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Sorry to hear that mate. Something will turn up so keep your chin up.

Have you checked out the Southern Cross? I worked there for the better part of a year and they have a sick as kitchen crew.

Thats no good, I hope they get better
    veitnamcam likes this.

Sorry to hear about the Job Angus. As has already been said: 'one door shuts and another door opens'. Are you taking pre orders on your book?
    If my work annoys me, I cull them

I've started writing it but i need a photographer to help me out. I haven't got a clue how one goes about publishing etc. But i might just make it free online or something.

Keep at it mate....as a few others have said, take 'any' job just to keep you active and your name out there, its done me good in the past.....
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

I'm trying, the problem is finding those kinds of jobs. My record bars me from anything other than favours these days.

Home - mainland nz, actual - could be anywhere...
    Quote Originally Posted by Angus_A View Post
    I've started writing it but i need a photographer to help me out. I haven't got a clue how one goes about publishing etc. But i might just make it free online or something.

We had a lot of travel and wedding photos, and priced up buying a few albums and getting the pics printed etc .... Sort of stumbled on these guys - Make, publish, promote & distribute books with Blurb | Blurb

We did 3 different books and got a few copies for gifts etc... worked out cheaper plus they look really good.

Looks like the web site and pricing has changed a bit since then, but you used to down load a program, do all your editing on your computer until your happy with it (all free so far), upload the file back to them, pay and the printed book arrives in the post a couple of weeks later.

Quite a few templates were in the package as well, so just copy and past text etc.... Recipe book templates were certainly there.

They also had a shop, where you could make your book available for others to purchase and you set the price (they take their cost and return the rest to you) and the books were only printed as people wanted them, which is a big advantage over traditional publishing where you pay for 1-3000 books up front. Downside is that it costs a wee bit more.

I am positive that there will be others like this around now, but we were/are really happy with the finish of these ones.

Just a thought.......
    Dougie likes this.