Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Joint. Supplements who uses what

Body is starting to feel it as above and are they any good or just a gimiick

Bernie I've stuffed my achillies, went to Physio and she gave a few simple stretching exercises, knee pain gone, legs are a heap freer/ looser, I do a 4K walk run 3 days a week and did nil stretching, this is working for me
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Snake oil man, go to a physio like Maca suggests.
    "A party without cake is just a meeting" - Juila Child

ive got stuffed knees i take glucostamine and it works well for me you notice it if you stop taking it ill also take an iboprofen before i got on a full day or more hunt that helps as well

A Glucosamine with Chondroitin capsule is a good starting point to prevent joint degeneration. Magnesium is good to stop cramping as you get older also. But Yes as Macca says keeping mobile and fit is the best preventative of all.

Make sure you do your due dilligence - take a deeper look at how things like your Glucosamine is produced, and how the body is capable or not capable of absorbing that supplement along with what the active ingredient content is in each capsule (they vary a lot) and how much you actually need (because the rest your body excretes).

As a young lad I treated my body like an amusement park with sporting pursuits and resultant injuries like most of us out there - so need to keep all the old injuries in check as I get older. The missus has really bad knees I swear I can hear her creaking as she comes downstairs and she swears by Vital 3, Magnesium and EPO (evening primrose oil) for herself.

res
    Glucosamine has made a huge difference for me, but any of this stuff is not a one stop shop as you still need to keep the muscle time around the areas
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    Vitamin K and E are very useful for freeing up tight muscles. Will help with the physio. Best source is grass fed animal fat. Easier and tastier and cheaper.
    That shouldn't be an issue for me, ... on account of the lack of muscles.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

I take x2 Glucosamine/Chondroitin capsules a day as well as fish oil, swear by the stuff. Notice it big time if I stopped taking them for a few days. Got stuffed knees.

I also gym/run 5 days a week which helps manage my old injuries, as long as i run no farther than 10-12km my knees hold up.
    Hunting is not a hobby.....its an addiction