Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Judith Collins load of $hit

Judith Collins load of $hit

I think the knob(s) at the national sporting shooters association just disgraced himself/ themselves accusing the minister of illegal possession of a pistol. Total non story and doing absolutely nothing to promote the associations members or interests.
    Last edited by Brakelie; 22-05-2014 at 12:06 AM.

1: NSA
    2: If she's violating a law that is enforced for "ordinary citizens" (the very concept of which is odious) then she should be held accountable. There can be no double standards for politicians or police.

She was at a crime lab no doubt closely supervised. I've been to a pistol club with an appropriately licensed mate and had more than a few supervised shots, should the police investigate?

Depends if that fits what I posted: if it's a law that exists/is enforced for others. Is a police crime lab covered by the arms act/regulations? Was she closely supervised as required?

Is it really in the public interest to prosecute?

Is it in the public interest to prosecute anyone using a pistol off an approved range? B endorsement holder shooting safely on a farm or similar? Where's the public interest in that? But they get prosecuted , so Ms Collins can too if she has been documented acting unlawfully

I agree.
    Far to much one law for us and another for everyone else goin on in govt.
    Hold them to account.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

Ejected
    This could be quite handy, for her to riggle out they might change the law and make things a little bit more realistic. Far fetch dream but they change the law for share boredom so saving their own ass gives some proper motive.
    veitnamcam likes this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Brakelie View Post
    She was at a crime lab no doubt closely supervised. I've been to a pistol club with an appropriately licensed mate and had more than a few supervised shots, should the police investigate?
    Police have defined 'close supervison' as within one metre and able to take immediate possession of the pistol. That is not obvious in the clip so investigation may be necessary to assertain that. Also use under immeadiate supervision is very closely defined in law.

This has effects and ramifications for the supervised use of MSSAs which a 'drafting error' (which no real attempt to fix has eventuated) makes impossible to do lawfully. So this is probably the NSA way of bringing home the problems we face.

As always kmowing the full story by doing a bit of investigation prior to leaping to conclusions is in order. I am pretty sure that NSA did not do this without considerable thought and investigation on their part.

Even getting the name of the organisation right would be a good start (Thanks for the correction gimp).

Legal definitions of a range etc and political affiliations aside think about the implications, you'll never be able to let your kids or an unlicensed potential new shooter even have a shot to decide if shooting is for them. I am sure there are much more effective means of correcting an error in the law than asking to have an unworkable one enforced.
    Spook likes this.

Would set a good precedent if it is not enforced tho yes ?
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

Fuck some people need to get a life! Do the person who was nuts enough to put the gun in her hand and let the photo be taken, it not appropriate to take gunho photos like that. IMHO
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

ebf
    Haha, just imagining the department inside police HQ that has the job of dealing with correspondence from Sidchard and No Straight Answers...

Reckon you must do something pretty naughty to get posted there
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby
    Black rifles matter...

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    Haha, just imagining the department inside police HQ that has the job of dealing with correspondence from Sidchard and No Straight Answers...

Reckon you must do something pretty naughty to get posted there
    Forum user Sidney is not Richard Lincoln.

Hang on, wait, I'm confused.
    I haven't seen this photo yet BUT:

I want to get my "B" license.
    So I need to join a range, and shoot, unlicensed, at least 12 times in 6 months, with a pistol I don't own, under supervision BEFORE I can get my B-cat.
    What I'm picking up from this thread is that its illegal for me to do so?

NSA, while fighting a very good fight, should be careful about what fights they pick.
    I'm sure they don't need reminding about the whole "winning the battle but losing the war" speech.
    (FYI its why I haven't been active on the "other" forum - I get too wound up :p )