Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Just got a call from Telecom

Just got a call from Telecom

Hard case... I just got a call from Telecom offering me a better deal for my Internet and phone-line package.
    They said they could save me $20 a month... I thought cool... an extra $20 a month to spend on guns n stuff..

I said... "err.. ok.. Just hold on a sec while I check your competitors prices"... Tap, Tap.. internet Google search...
    "Lets see.. Telstra nope... Orcon... Oh hey they offer a better deal"..
    I'll save $30 a month looking at their plan..

"Can do a better deal than your offer... can you match it?".. Answer: "I'll just check with my supervisor".. play some Bic Runga now.......
    Dum de dum de dum de dum..............

OP: "Hello, hello Um sorry but my supervisor is in a meeting".. Err not supervising very well then is she!
    More than likely popped out for a smoke and a coffee....

ME: "Ok, get someone to call me in the next 20min.. if not I'll be transferring my business to Orcon"
    Thanks.. Bye

Thats got to be a lose for Telecom... they should have just left me alone an I would have been none the wiser..
    Now I'll be better off by $30 a month... excellent.

Thanks Telecom
    EeeBees likes this.
    Treat every firearm as loaded - Always point firearms in a safe direction - Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Identify your target beyond all doubt - Check your firing zone - Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

HAHAHA, good effort!!!!!!!

Although I may save money sometimes I will keep business with a company for the service they provide.... I dont want to talk to people in india and i would like my issues if any resolved properly.

Just never change to telstra clear. after spending 40minutes plus on hold you get a scripted reply that doesnt fix your problem

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Good on ya mate. They will be playing that conversation at operator traing sessions next week.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

The missus signed us up on a 2 year deal(i think) with telstra. Im sure we are getting screwed royally. we got interweb/landline and two cells and I cant remember the bill ever being under 200 bucks a month.
    Who has the best deals on this sort of set up?
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

Won't say they are the best but Vodafone is good at putting a complete deal together. You may find the penalty payout to get away from telstra may be negligible compared to what you will save elswhere.
    Smart phones aren't the cheapeswt things to run alot of the tome though if they are your poison.

Re: Just got a call from Telecom

When i was with woosh i had 200gigs free tolls for 110 bucks per mth. BUT there customer service is terible and i had to pay a cancelation fee because i didnt want to wait three years for a connection at my new address even though i had been with them for 3 yrs and there contract is 12 mnths they start it from scratch every time you move. And they are very quiet about that fact.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

AB Precision
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    The missus signed us up on a 2 year deal(i think) with telstra. Im sure we are getting screwed royally. we got interweb/landline and two cells and I cant remember the bill ever being under 200 bucks a month.
    Who has the best deals on this sort of set up?
    Ours is around the 250ish mark?
    Thas same as you above, wireless internet 40g/land line toll calls to all south for ??$$$, wifes phone on a 200min months plan with 5g internet an 2500 tx mine the same with 600min
    I dont think its to bad for what we get? an for the coast its not a main centre some get good rates an sky etc on same package

Quote Originally Posted by tui_man2 View Post
    Ours is around the 250ish mark?
    Thas same as you above, wireless internet 40g/land line toll calls to all south for ??$$$, wifes phone on a 200min months plan with 5g internet an 2500 tx mine the same with 600min
    I dont think its to bad for what we get? an for the coast its not a main centre some get good rates an sky etc on same package
    10 gig? might even be 5, 500 txts each no free minutes and not wireless.

AB Precision
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    10 gig? might even be 5, 500 txts each no free minutes and not wireless.
    tell them to sharpen the pen

Does help misses good friend works at telecom

And at this time of night often gets that slow computer is un usable. Not sure if that is provider issue or infrastructure issue.

Telecom suck.
    I just joined with them on a 50g wireless plan with land line and one free cell number with the first two months free, and thats when it all fell down for those cock suckers.
    We joined pretty much at the start of their billing period but they still charged us for the first month, after a call to them i was assured the next 2 months would be free.
    Well month 2 rolls over and we get a bill for tolls only, perfect they have sorted i hear you say, Nah, 3rd month rolls over and another bill.
    Another call and oh yes we will sort that now, 50 minutes later and another call to me with them saying no we are right you have had you 2 months free, i explain that i have not and i have the statements to prove it, they say yes but because you get a month credit at the end of your term this equals 2 months, now shaking my head in disbelief i try to explain that if i would normally get this credit then i am still not receiving 2 months free.
    Then they say because we got the package in a special deal this credit does not apply, so i say to them that with that i am still not receiving 2 months free and they are blatantly misleading the public into their deals by saying they get 2 months free when in fact they dont and that if they do what her other suggestion was,"take the credit from the end and move it to the 3rd month" i still do not get 2 months free and you are just ripping people off.
    Well with that i got put on hold and then she comes back with we can offer you $10 off you bill a month for a year! I say no way lady not now this is on principle now and im not happy about this bull shit.
    So im gonna write to Telecon about it and stir some more shit.

So Far i have had 4 providers, i started with KOL when i first got a computer then to vodafone then slingshot and now telecon, i can say with out a shadow of doubt that i should of stuck with Slingshot, friendly service good deals and easy to change plans.

I am about to pay the $200 to ditch out contract with Telstra clear.
    They are a bitch to deal with - need the da vinci code to read the bill - which they never seem to get correct. dishonest pricks that i have busted them on a few times... if you do deal with them on the phone get them to put it in writing before you agree to anything!
    Think i will go with Vodaphone and as for Telecom.... Them and Pelicans have something in common... they can both stick there bills up there ass!

good luck with Vodafone i remember the argument with them, it was a ripper.

Yea one thing i have now learned..... GET IT IN WRITING......
    Whats slingshot like price wise??? i dont mind paying for good service

Good they were always very competitive and like i said the only ones i never had an issue with.
    I ended up on a plan that i could change monthly if there was a better deal going and it cost nothing to change.