Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Is it just me

Is it just me

Or does anyone else think that the media exposure over a lost police dog is just so ott?
    If every lost hunter/tramper/climber got the same attention, I reckon most would be found a lot quicker.
    I like dogs, really, I do. But c'mon
    Savage1 and EeeBees like this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Woof, woof!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

It's not just you.
    I wonder if DOC DNA'd the brown bugger for kiwi feathers between his gums....tongue in cheek. Cause I actually love DOC and kiwis.
    Dan M

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    It's not just you.
    I wonder if DOC DNA'd the brown bugger for kiwi feathers between his gums....tongue in cheek. Cause I actually love DOC and kiwis.
    Presumably his incredibly expensive training included kiwi aversion?

But yeah it's fairly ridiculous coverage I think in comparison to the amount of coverage for a missing person

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    It's not just you.

But yeah it's fairly ridiculous coverage I think in comparison to the amount of coverage for a missing person

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post

I doubt it because.

the govt depts can kill native species as they see fit for no reason with no repercussion.
    and this tens of thousands? of dollars dog isn't even worth a cheap arse gps collar!
    stingray likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

yeah it's just you guys, I'd rather spend the money looking for Thames than some dumb tourist who doesn't add to the country coffers for SAR incidents------------------------------------wait for I-------------------------------------------------------------------t.
    sako75, JoshC, Dougie and 4 others like this.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    I doubt it because.

the govt depts can kill native species as they see fit for no reason with no repercussion.
    and this tens of thousands? of dollars dog isn't even worth a cheap arse gps collar!
    oops there you go again using common sense, will get you in the poop one day.
    stingray likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gapped axe View Post
    yeah it's just you guys, I'd rather spend the money looking for Thames than some dumb tourist who doesn't add to the country coffers for SAR incidents------------------------------------wait for I-------------------------------------------------------------------t.
    Thats why "tourist" should be forced to have insurance to cover their stupidity (and yes i know not all a stupid)
    veitnamcam and Danny like this.

I'd rather get lost and drink some mothers milk'
    Gapped axe and Danny like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Thats why "tourist" should be forced to have insurance to cover their stupidity (and yes i know not all a stupid)
    only the stupid ones are stupid, but Mikee it bugs me that visitors get all paid for in NZ under ACC. Doesn't happen when I travel, insurance, don't leave home without it!
    veitnamcam and Danny like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Is it just me

Love it️...the reason the Garmin DC30 collars and the likes were deemed illegal here is because they interfere with Search and RescueWtf and Roly's not even wearing oneWait for it.
    I also wonder when these dopy cunts were wandering around calling out Roly's name if they bothered pre-feeding and catching possums, stoats, weezles and wild pigs that are buggering this country...At least he didn't catch any sheep
    Glad he's now on A.L and his owners collecting TOIL.
    All tongue in cheek obviously.
    Great outcome.
    I'm Thrilled.
    A
    Dan M

I wasn't looking at it from a $$ angle really, but now that has been brought up, what would you reckon on the chances of the publicly funded police force spending so much effort, and cash presumably, looking for your precious and hard working hunting dog ?
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Tourists going bush should be encouraged to hire tracking collars for a small fee. How many have got lost never to be seen again?
    mikee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    I wasn't looking at it from a $$ angle really, but now that has been brought up, what would you reckon on the chances of the publicly funded police force spending so much effort, and cash presumably, looking for your precious and hard working hunting dog ?
    Surprised they didn't set up a speed camera to subsidise the cost of the search, Oh cynical me.