Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: LEGAL OPINION

LEGAL OPINION

P38 likes this.

interesting reading , and i would love someone (not me) challange all in court so as to get it hardened in law . and be black and white , the only bit i dont really agree on would getting 12 random people to agree that something looks of sound construction ...it should be 12 experts or professionals , be it engineers or similer to say it IS sound construction .. the 6mm rule being not law is something i thought was law ...
    screamO likes this.
    NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT HURTS, HOW DARK IT GETS OR HOW FAR YOU FALL , .....
    YOU ARE NEVER OUT OF THE FIGHT . (Marcus Luttrell)

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    interesting reading , and i would love someone (not me) challange all in court so as to get it hardened in law . and be black and white , the only bit i dont really agree on would getting 12 random people to agree that something looks of sound construction ...it should be 12 experts or professionals , be it engineers or similer to say it IS sound construction .. the 6mm rule being not law is something i thought was law ...
    I suspect that it is reference to a jury.

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    Fuck if it takes 12 experts to decide we get one engineer to decide if buildings should come down after a earthquake, and they can work it out in under 12hrs takes 6+ months for them to decide what rating a building is haven't actually read the clip yet

Quote Originally Posted by screamO View Post
    Fuck if it takes 12 experts to decide we get one engineer to decide if buildings should come down after a earthquake, and they can work it out in under 12hrs takes 6+ months for them to decide what rating a building is haven't actually read the clip yet
    then read it
    Feral likes this.

.... (whoops pushed send before finished) ... do read it , its a great interpretation ...
    screamO likes this.

Well, I have actual read it, happy now! It doesn't really seem any different from all the other shit that goes about with safes etc. Last year they didn't want to sign off on my safe but 12 months later I still got my renewal in the mail. But why does everyone have an issue giving them there serial # etc?

i think its a lot more concise than any thing i have read from anyone on the legality of safes .. the lawyer quotes the actual legal difinition para and verse , .. there is a lot of police policy as opposed to actual law , as for the serial thing i agree with you , i have never seen a problem with giving serial numbers to police .
    screamO likes this.

Got this through another website - interesting reading though.
    Have a hard copy in my file plus an advice from Masterton Rifle Club.
    I'm not sure but I think IPSC shooters started this with Nicholas.
    A prime example of shared information between various shooting disciplines
    gadgetman, mikee and stumpy like this.

I like this thanks for posting it Driverman.
    You just need to know the letter of the law and stick to it.
    By the letter the police are not doing there job and are in fact braking it. Police are ment to be there to enforce the law not make up the rules as they go along.
    As for cat A serial numbers I'd not give them mine. We got rid of that data base because the police said it was such a mess that it was of not use to them. Now they seem to want to open up that mess again?
    They can't even get through the license procedures in a fair time to deliver you as a member of the public a decent service which they should be providing as public servants.
    I'd print that letter out and frame it then hang it right above my safe of sound construction
    mikee likes this.

Very interesting reading indeed. @Shearer
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Banned
    So what could all this achieve apart from less security for guns?

My guns are in security far in excess of what is required. Why would I, or anyone, want less security?
    tiroatedson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by systolic View Post
    So what could all this achieve apart from less security for guns?

My guns are in security far in excess of what is required. Why would I, or anyone, want less security?
    Because the security may in fact be more than enough, but someone with a clipboard and little actual engineering knowledge is trying to deem that it is not adequate.
    veitnamcam likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

I was apprehensive about going for my B and C endorsements until this. Apparently my safe that was approved when I got my E endorsement is now on the naughty list.

The problem of pulling hard on both sides of the " string of relationship" between the police and the gun owners is that it is going to break.
    And I don't think it is healthy if the good gun owners are seen with a bad eye from the police and the other way around.
    Maybe if ( certain member of )the police wants certain requirements changed to the law , they could have a straight approach with gun owners or their representatives and discuss the matter first and so that we may come hand in hand with something positive for both sides.

The way it is probably going to happen though is that police will ask to have the law changed all together as they see fit with no real care about what we would have expressed during a consultation process.
    Now that a new pm needs to be elected, it might be good time to send them some letters to explain our view and what to do or not do if they want our voice ...
    Sideshow likes this.