Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 7 Post By R93

Thread: Lest We Forget

R93

Lest We Forget

I hope everyone takes the time tomorrow and give thanks to those that paid the ultimate sacrafice and those that have returned.
    If it were not for them we would not have the privilages we have today and God forbid be able to enjoy our hunting, shooting or whatever passtime that brings a smile to your dial.
    I will be spending my morning with our Aussie brothers in arms. But I will endevour to drink Kiwi beer.

RIP Men, thank you.
    DAF, Spanners, Philipo and 4 others like this.

AB Precision
    will pop down for the dawn perade

Il be thinking of my Grandad(and all the others) as the sun hits the tops this morning
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

We will remember them

Thank you to those that fell then for the freedoms we enjoy now, it may not seem like it at times but it is appreciated and will never be forgotten.

+1 .

For Grandad, Uncle Jack and his brothers. Those that survived and the one who did not.

We will remember them, Amen.

R93
    Awesome Dawn service this morning, but for me it was not the same. I missed spending it at home. Its the one day I was able to catch up with most of the men I served with, who like me have left. They seemed to come out of the woodwork. The upside is I am not trollied by 9am.
    Still, its good to share it with Anzacs. Also good to see a lot of young people here, embrace the occasion.
    Brilliant to see other forum members acknowledging their brave relatives. We all owe them.

My brother and I have always wanted to walk the Kokoda Track, PNG...what a brutal defining moment in the Pacific theatre...and what for Australia (and New Zealand) if things had been different. The commander and the remaining few of the battalion were treated harshly by the politicians of the time as they viewed their tactical retreat as cowardice...Thankfully, veterans of the North Africa campaigns were sent in to help...little did the Australians know at the time that the Japanese were dropped off there with no food and water as their commanders believed that they would be able to sort it out in a couple of days...wrong...up against 200 odd conscripts mostly under the age of 20 with three weeks training and only with rifles and a few mortars, they were very wrong...

If not for them...
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...