Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Knives Africa DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Let me do your chores

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    So vacuum pack your meat then freeze, bring it out to defrost and bung it in the container with this.... Seems to easy!
    Yep, just give them a quick sear at the end. i usually add a pad of butter and some garlic and herbs, especially if i'm doing a steak. It is fucking AWESOME for sausages as well.
    "A party without cake is just a meeting" - Juila Child

Quote Originally Posted by Angus_A View Post
    Yep, just give them a quick sear at the end. i usually add a pad of butter and some garlic and herbs, especially if i'm doing a steak. It is fucking AWESOME for sausages as well.
    How does it go on fish? Im thinking it would be a good start on some of those thicker snapper fillets etc?

Sent from my SM-A320Y using Tapatalk
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

Chicken Intolerant.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    How does it go on fish? Im thinking it would be a good start on some of those thicker snapper fillets etc?

Sent from my SM-A320Y using Tapatalk
    Bloody awesome for fish, especially salmon and tuna. Haven't done snapper but i've done whole cod and cod fillets and they both came out awesome. Just all about finding the ideal temperature which is easy enough with a quick google search. I found between 51 and 55 degrees c was about perfect for white fish, for roughly an hour.
    veitnamcam likes this.

@Angus maybe you should offer to come cook for these fallas instead of doing chores?
    You turn up cook what's in there fridge and leave? Along those lines. Conditions being that there must be a certain amount of food in the house fridge.
    Just an idea, that YOU can say year nar too!
    Sorry to the rest of you but he is the one that gets the say in this. Who wants to go home and carry on working?
    Might be a nice little way to start a business and also sell your book
    40mm likes this.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along

Haha that might be fun.
    Just got a call from my chippy mate, i start monday. I think it's an actual job not just shit to do, so i guess i have a job now. Cool.

PM sent

EDIT: Maybe too late!

all the best Gus
    Angus_A likes this.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Cheers mate, shit will sort itself out in time. It's just making the time in between as productive as possible i'm concerned about. Idle time just makes the stress ten fold aye.

good shit on the job mate...... cookie and a chippie.... cookups for the lads at smoko sounds like a grouse idea. Ive done hot bread in breadmaker and scones at work before...the small of the bread cooking nearly drove us mad (and that was in a fish meal bagging plant).
    Dan88 likes this.

Everyone loves a cook onsite!! I've done pumpkin soup in the slow cooker one cold cold winter, turned it on in the morning and bam bout soup, cut the bread on the droppie and whack it in the toaster.

Good on ya for keeping busy and being productive

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk
    Micky Duck likes this.

Home - mainland nz, actual - could be anywhere...
    The model i bought doesn't seem to be sold by zeropak anymore (which is a shame cos it's awesome) But this is a similar unit to what i have
    https://www.harveynorman.co.nz/home-...on-cooker.html
    Would recommend buying a big sturdy plastic container to use it with instead of a pot so you've got more room to put stuff in and cut a hole for the machine in the lid cos you lose a ton of water to evaporation in overnight cooks.
    I've heard a chilly bin is the go for long cooks(and started with warm water from tap or hug). With a hole through the lid, or even just a plywood lid with a hole for the unit.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

Cheers mate, shit will sort itself out in time. It's just making the time in between as productive as possible i'm concerned about. Idle time just makes the stress ten fold aye.
    You are right it will sort itself out in time.... and relationship breakup recovery is the same shitty stuff for everyone (well everyone with normal emotions), it's even documented to several ordered stages that we all suffer through.
    The world and life itself is such an exciting adventure with so much to do and learn about, don't let some crappy stuff get you down and stop you enjoying your life for even a moment. Instead be pleased it's happened, that was another experience to look back on the future.
    veitnamcam and norsk like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
    I've heard a chilly bin is the go for long cooks(and started with warm water from tap or hug). With a hole through the lid, or even just a plywood lid with a hole for the unit.
    Yeah that'd definitely help reduce power consumption. I just use a plastic container because i have limited bench space and i like to be able to see inside without opening it.

Hi Angus, how was your day today ?

Uneventful, went and got my FAL forms printed off again (ended up typing in the info because my handwriting is shithouse) Other than that didn't get much done