Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Life Insurance- who do you use? heres the kicker

The Original Striker

Life Insurance- who do you use? heres the kicker

So Im wondering who do you use for life insurance, critial illness and income protection?

Reason being I just got off the phone with one firm offering me products organised through the bank and hunting is specifically an "excluded activity including transport to and from the activity."

Id be interested to here who has had good service and from whom?
    Bigger Better Faster Stronger
    Handle the Jandle, or get off the Beach

The Original Striker

we got all our insurance inc life from asb. hunting was not an issue. when it came to contents insurance of firearms it was a case of did i have documentation in case of theft and that was no issue either.

I know with mine its only excludes mountaineering not hunting in the mountains.
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

Quote Originally Posted by striker View Post
    So Im wondering who do you use for life insurance, critial illness and income protection?
    Smith & Wesson - only the initial premium and lifetime protection! All insurance is a money-making venture with no guarantee that they will still be in business when you need them. Caveat Emptor!
    sometimes, blake and Steve123 like this.

Smith & Wesson - only the initial premium and lifetime protection! All insurance is a money-making venture with no guarantee that they will still be in business when you need them. Caveat Emptor!

The Original Striker
    This is ANZ Insurance, its only hunting disallowed on this one, scuba diving, jumping out of planes and everything else is fine

Gundoc- I like it, unfortunately loan T&Cs require so forth protection these days
    Steve123 likes this.

The Original Striker

I have my life insurance through sovereign. Pretty sure I listed/ticked hunting as a pastime. Don't think it was excluded. If it is bank insurance then put pressure on the bank to get the policy changed or you will remove your banking with them. You might find a change in premium value though.

The Original Striker
    Quote Originally Posted by stug View Post
    I have my life insurance through sovereign. Pretty sure I listed/ticked hunting as a pastime. Don't think it was excluded. If it is bank insurance then put pressure on the bank to get the policy changed or you will remove your banking with them. You might find a change in premium value though.
    not really an option at this stage

The Original Striker

This is ANZ Insurance, its only hunting disallowed on this one, scuba diving, jumping out of planes and everything else is fine

Gundoc- I like it, unfortunately loan T&Cs require so forth protection these days
    There's nothing that says you have to use onepath (ANZ life insurance) our business banking is through ANZ but when they quoted us 12k per year for life insurance.... yea nah. Ended up going through a broker that @Maca49 put me onto.
    #30GANG....

Quote Originally Posted by gundoc View Post
    Used to think his as well, changed my mind after the earthquake....

The Original Striker
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    There's nothing that says you ha e to use onepath (ANZ life insurance) out business banking is through ANZ but when they quoted us 12k per year for life insurance.... yea nah. Ended up going through a broker that @Maca49 put me onto.
    No I agree with you there, thats why I"m looking around, a few calls out and see what comes back

The Original Striker

Onepath get their knickers in a twist also if you fly in a helicopter more than once per year. I was a bit pissed at the meeting I had where they asked me about my use of helicopters before I had even signed with them and I had not told them that myself, Facebook is the great equalizer....
    #30GANG....

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Onepath get their knickers in a twist also if you fly in a helicopter more than once per year. I was a bit pissed at the meeting I had where they asked me about my use of helicopters before I had even signed with them and I had not told them that myself, Facebook is the great equalizer....
    Facebooks awesome, sorted my carpet problem in 3 days, had dragged on for nearly a year, funny how fast minds can be made up on negative comments!! Getting our complete house redone in new carpet after 6 years of putting down the stuff the run Rhinos on! Yeah Right, but hey they've come to the party!!
    Ryan_Songhurst likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Facebooks awesome, sorted my carpet problem in 3 days, had dragged on for nearly a year, funny how fast minds can be made up on negative comments!! Getting our complete house redone in new carpet after 6 years of putting down the stuff the run Rhinos on! Yeah Right, but hey they've come to the party!!
    Haha I called my Fonterra area manager to ask why there was a helicopter loading out 1080 from a paddock on a dairy farm about 200 meters away from the dairy shed, not so much because I have a dislike for 1080 but we had just been through the whole botulism in baby formula scare which affected milk prices etc and I couldn't believe it myself when I saw it, next thing it was going to be all over the news, he never called me back so I asked the same question on their Facebook page, within about two hours there was a team from Fonterra on my farm, greasing us up with boxes of strawberry milk and wanting a meeting with me, full crisis aversion mode!
    Kiwi Greg, Maca49, Beaker and 3 others like this.
    #30GANG....

The Original Striker
    so sovereign wouldnt cover hunting either, I found a firm that says it will but ill wait until its in writing and go from there.
    the quote is cheaper too and for more cover so go figure

The Original Striker