Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Live in Farm Position required

I caught my smelly armpits from Cowboy Tone's Avatar

Live in Farm Position required

Well Tone Jnr be doing milking for 9+ months now. He is looking for another position. Central North Island or South Waikato. Got the shed sussed, no sweat on Motorbikes and Quads and vehicles (Still to get his drivers licence tho) OK on tractors, needs more work
    He really wants to work a position where he can do some qualification training. Tells me he will get his licence soon, but in the immortal words of Judge Judy:"you know when a teenager is lying cause his mouth is moving" So the Ole Man (Me) will see to it that this is the case, as I can see this is the biggest hurdle.
    If anyone knows of anything that may suit please let me know.
    Last edited by Tone; 05-02-2012 at 11:40 AM.

Definately make him get his licence, it's a big no no nowdays because there is no insurance for a farmer unless staff have the correct licences.
    If its guns, tits or tyres it's going to cost you lots of money

Quote Originally Posted by crzyman View Post
    Definately make him get his licence,
    I hear that. Can someone please translate that to Teenagerian

How old is he? You need someone that supports ito courses, again he will need a licence to get to course.

Caretaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone View Post
    I hear that. Can someone please translate that to Teenagerian
    Teenagerian, WHEW thats a whole 'nother language

Good on you Tone for helping him, they can be difficult to help at times, Judge Judy knows them well. If I hear of something around the uncles farms in Hawkes Bay I will pm you.

How old is he? You need someone that supports ito courses, again he will need a licence to get to course.
    Jnr is 17. 18 in October.

Fencepost -' + mainTitle + '

Try this link Tone should be able to sort something out
    Tone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonecrusher View Post
    Fencepost -' + mainTitle + '

Try this link Tone should be able to sort something out
    Cheers Man. Have been looking throught that too

Definately make him get his licence, it's a big no no nowdays because there is no insurance for a farmer unless staff have the correct licences.
    You don't need a licence to work/use machinery on the farm.

I'll tell that to my client that had there 16 year old worker with NO licence that cut a corner and run the wagon into the side of the owners new hilux. Insurance wont pay because he didnt have a licence (Class 2) to operate a machine over 5 ton.

In the old days it didnt matter......

Check Fegan.co.nz as well. They check employer out as much as employee. Try in talk to Alison Lynch and be honest...........

I'll tell that to my client that had there 16 year old worker with NO licence that cut a corner and run the wagon into the side of the owners new hilux. Insurance wont pay because he didnt have a licence (Class 2) to operate a machine over 5 ton.

In the old days it didnt matter......
    It still does not matter, I farmed for years with no class 2. You can drive a tractor/trailer combination up to 25 ton on the road with a class 1 car licence as long as you do not exceed 30 km/h. No licence is needed on the farm. I would be having a go at the insurance company.
    mucko likes this.

It's an interesting topic, I deal with several large scale dairy operators (over 1000 cows and under 3500 and up to 25 staff) some follow the book to the letter and nobody drives anything without the right licences.

This is off the osh site

An Employee must also be over 15 years old, and must have a current driver's licence, before driving any motor vehicle on a road. That includes any car park, yard, or other part of a workplace which has public vehicle access.

That I guess is open to a debate on its own but at the end of the day is a licence that hard to get.........

The Original Striker
    It's an interesting topic, I deal with several large scale dairy operators (over 1000 cows and under 3500 and up to 25 staff) some follow the book to the letter and nobody drives anything without the right licences.

This is off the osh site

An Employee must also be over 15 years old, and must have a current driver's licence, before driving any motor vehicle on a road. That includes any car park, yard, or other part of a workplace which has public vehicle access.

That I guess is open to a debate on its own but at the end of the day is a licence that hard to get.........

I wish my boss would make my fellow employees follow those rules some of our guys(70+%) working around major telecomunication arterial routes have no licences, It makes a mockery of the system for the guys who put in the time effort and money
    Bigger Better Faster Stronger
    Handle the Jandle, or get off the Beach

The Original Striker

Quote Originally Posted by Southern View Post
    Check Fegan.co.nz as well. They check employer out as much as employee. Try in talk to Alison Lynch and be honest...........
    Alison Retired november last year Eileen Hammond took over from her, i dont know how she compares but the firm is still very good.