Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: For the Love of things or othe

Quote Originally Posted by outlander View Post
    That's both sad and amusing in a country song kind of way.
    It gets worse, I can't even drink my sorrows away. I pass out before I can get drunk.
    outlander likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by C404 View Post
    Gadget, the wives indeed are wonderful creatures. Mine has followed me to 3 continents and put up with my many faults. I have come close to going leg up numerous times, both by myself and in company of others, and she has rarely complained. She will never read this, so I am safe......
    I am going to add to this, gents, because the girls deserve it.
    They put up with us farting and geting pissed, the other day mine even noticed I had shit my pants and told me so without the hint of a laugh. (OK it may have been a wet fart) They put up with us rooting about when we we couldnt stand a fraction of indescretion like it. If I could do Life again, I would do a different job but not change her.
    She also makes the best venison curry on the planet. It can and does warm the damp off a cold Ellesmere dawn.
    gadgetman, kotuku and Phil_H like this.

If you have a good wife, then you really need little beyond any mean shelter and a bit of food. The material losses are no big deal.

I would consider you a brave man if you can have your heart broken and come back for another try and if you have a big heart and love animals and still get blood on your hands to feed the family.

These things are truly tough.
    tetawa and Phil_H like this.

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    @Phil_H haven't you found out what it is yet???

Just like Mimms the First
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    It gets worse, I can't even drink my sorrows away. I pass out before I can get drunk.
    I should send ya some Mimms' Moonshine. That will escalate the situation quickly...
    dannyb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    I'd be useless at writing a country song, never had a girl leave me, never owned a dog or a horse.
    Gadget.
    It's high somebody bought you a Ford, a Lame Horse, a three legged dog and a shotgun made somewhere near Gallipoli. It would be the makings of a perfect country song...

My favourite country and western song quote.'' Don't cry down my back, baby my spurs will rust''.
    gadgetman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by C404 View Post
    Gadget.
    It's high somebody bought you a Ford, a Lame Horse, a three legged dog and a shotgun made somewhere near Gallipoli. It would be the makings of a perfect country song...
    Mrs gadget just read that over my shoulder, "You are a lame horse!"
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by mimms2 View Post
    I should send ya some Mimms' Moonshine. That will escalate the situation quickly...
    Over ripe bananas or kids cough medicine are more than enough. Former makes me very light headed, latter knocks me out 10 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    @Phil_H haven't you found out what it is yet???
    Yes @Mathais, all has been revealed.
    I have been blindsided a little, not only in that it wasn't what I was expecting but also because I learned something more of my darling Sharon, that has been there all the time for me to see, but I have just been to blind to see it, and also because she has done something that I have often encouraged her to do.

Was it a rifle? The bloke part of me would have loved that but knew it wouldn't be, only because I have a fair idea of her priorities, and a new rifle is way down on the list.

Was it new shoes? Sharon can and does buy new shoes and farm/tramping boots anytime she feels the need for them. I knew that she would NOT be spending $600 on shoes, or boots for that matter; she is a real miser when it comes to those things. When we were in Auckland we were going to a premiere opening of a film that her daughter helped in the production and at the last moment Sharon decided that she needed new shoes, so where did she go to buy them? K-Mart. And here is the really funny thing...she was having trouble finding something that she liked when I picked a a pair of dress boots that were being basically given away at $3.75. Yes, you read that right....Three dollars and seventy five cents. She loved them, tried them on, they fit and we bought them. She wore them that night and for other occasions for about the next 6 months until I could finally persuade her to upgrade to a new $40 pair of dress boots.

My thoughts were that it would probably be something more practical like another chest freezer - we are running out of room for meat - or some power tool that we needed. But I was wrong.

I should have got the hint when she said that "she had found a late Valentines present". I think you can all pretty much guess it from here.....even though I didn't twig at the time.

Sharon finally bought something just for herself. She finally put aside her often overwhelming desire to put children, mother and partner first and bought something just for her. GOOD ON YOU MY LOVE.

I have always wanted Sharon to just, at least once in her life, just spend money on herself without giving a thought to what else we could be doing with it. She is ever the practical and loving mother, daughter and partner who seems to continually put others needs before her own.

Today, my lovely wife went out and bought herself a $600 eternity ring, the most expensive ring she has ever had. Even her engagement ring was only $400 from Ali-Express. Sharon inherits the Scottish side from her grandfather. Anywhere she can be frugal or make a saving, she makes it; hell even our wedding with forty guests cost less then $1500

Name:  Wedding Tree.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  38.0 KB

Name:  Wedding crew.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  49.9 KB

Sharon has always hankered for an eternity ring, not so she can have diamonds on her finger, but for what it means and represents to her....her pledge to love me to eternity. She has half heartedly mentioned that she, one day would like an eternity ring and I have never picked up on it....my bad.

Name:  Eternity_Ring.jpeg
Views: 62
Size:  75.7 KB

So I am so pleased that she went and bought the ring for herself.

The only thing that is disappointing me on her purchase is that had I known what it was for I would have insisted on her spending 3 to 4 times that amount.

Damn Sharon, but I love you.

Cheers
    Phil
    Last edited by Phil_H; 20-02-2020 at 05:20 PM.

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    Bloody Michael Hill.....he's got a lot to answer for the bastard
    tetawa, ANOTHERHUNTER and Phil_H like this.

gadget ,c404 ,gspf part of our shooting crew all with tales to tell but above all they truly define MATESHIP these are people who in there own little ways keep me bloody sane!
    at least one has dined with the fucking devil like another mate of mine ,but when you arrive its wanna cuppa,jugs on ,shit i was thinking about you..never overly pretentious but it says one wordWElcome1.
    C404s wife -now theres a cook- that bugger will turn up opening day .....send her white boy curry for you(1/2 strength cause even in a screaming cold sou wester at ellesmere 2cups of this will make my arsehole light up like a fucking lighthouse) the original bejasus id have launched to the fucking sun when the chilli hit the back of my throat!! GSPF- ya still got that turkish boat anchor???
    gooses arrive were as lethal as a crusaders front row and the crew -yupthe same.
    Phil_H likes this.

Oh well Phil your going to have to be strong here it's up to you to go buy yourself an eternity gun
    Ryan_Songhurst likes this.