Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

NZGR Black Watch


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 120
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Makes for Interesting Reading...............

  1. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,674
    Quote Originally Posted by JWB View Post
    GSP should be easy to recognise! The one whose face is smeared with faeces and stinks of pigshit! Step into the cattle car, Sir. You won't need the suitcase.
    oh a holocaust reference how fuckin clever of you.
    least I'm not stupid enough to take a mssa into a public toilet and then moan when things go tits up.
    the rest planting of evidence unlawful behaviour maybe true but that don't excuse stupidity
    The only risk here was in the response by a bunch of paranoid, ill trained illegal overaction by the police. Do you think that he made a point?

    Not my choice about how to go about it - because I don't trust either their competance or their response... thats the risk. Are you getting the point yet]
    .

    and if he,d been some mad prick and started shooting people you,d be moaning about the police inaction.
    cops aren't perfect but they,re all we have and to goad them for some minor point is far from clever.
    Last edited by gsp follower; 03-07-2017 at 11:53 AM.

  2. #62
    Member stretch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Clarks Beach, (South of) Auckland
    Posts
    1,467
    Quote Originally Posted by gsp follower View Post
    least I'm not stupid enough to take a mssa into a public toilet and then moan when things go tits up.
    the rest planting of evidence unlawful behaviour maybe true but that don't excuse stupidity.
    His options were "be stupid", (as you put it) by taking the rifle with him to the public toilet, or knowingly break the law by leaving it in the unattended car.

  3. #63
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,674
    Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    His options were "be stupid", (as you put it) by taking the rifle with him to the public toilet, or knowingly break the law by leaving it in the unattended car.

    was he planning on being in there for hours??
    one word common fucken sence cops would use it to in the case of a toilet break.

  4. #64
    Member stretch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Clarks Beach, (South of) Auckland
    Posts
    1,467
    That's three words. Commonsense was lacking by both sides thoughout.
    Last edited by stretch; 03-07-2017 at 12:11 PM.

  5. #65
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Quakechurch
    Posts
    920
    Quote Originally Posted by gsp follower View Post
    oh a holocaust reference how fuckin clever of you.
    least I'm not stupid enough to take a mssa into a public toilet and then moan when things go tits up.
    the rest planting of evidence unlawful behaviour maybe true but that don't excuse stupidity
    .

    and if he,d been some mad prick and started shooting people you,d be moaning about the police inaction.
    cops aren't perfect but they,re all we have and to goad them for some minor point is far from clever.
    I would say that he's about 3000% cleverer than you are fella.... your argument is invalid and whatever you believe the facts stand that he was behaving lawfully and the police were not...

    Cops are required to obey the law, don't make excuses for them. We don't want people in that job who don't obey the law. "goaded" are you fricken joking, they are required to not be "goaded.". They pulled over a driver on the side of the road, drew pistols on him and locked him up without lawful reason.

    He's not moaning, he is being prosecuted by a corrupt police force intent on covering up their behaviour.... what don't you get about that?

    Pound of flesh time coming....
    gadgetman likes this.

  6. #66
    Member A330driver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Porirua/Whangateau
    Posts
    388
    A waste of time arguing with that logic,it's not a justice system,it's a law system,are you getting the point yet..FFS!!!By your own admission you state that would not be your choice to go about it,are you getting the point yet??.Tell us how you would go about it then.

    I get your point,I get it,but you are not dealing with a rational public,or police for that matter,when it comes to gun exposure,carriage,use etc in New Zealand.The publics acceptance of visible firearms in a community after all the firearms incidents we have had in kiwi lately should be enough to push that point rightup your arse.You and I are on the same page and team,our usage and familiarity with firearms and the laws that go with them are well accepted,the general public,not so.

    I stand by my first post on this,this is nothing but a wind up on his part,whether it be lawful or not.He has attracted the attention that I believe he wanted,and now is forcing the issue and I hope he "wins".Believe me,I'm not against this joker at all,far from it,I carry a concealed firearm just about everyday,for me it's a natural occurrence.

    You state in your post,"risk",and yes I did state that,maybe not the best of words to use,so I'll use the words,"unnecessary actions"in public.He could have easily carried and concealed the firearm in a case,and no one would have ever known,.....as I stated,a wind-up,of an individual who wants to make a point!!.Ill be very interested as to how this proceeds.Are you getting the point!?

    I take exception to the ....moron comment....who the fuck are you to call anyone a moron.I own and have more guns than a bull can shit,I belong to the NRA,I have my NZ firearms licenses,I carry a gun in the cockpit for wankers who try to take my aircraft from me,....hopefully that's enough to convince you that I'm not a moron who thinks gun are dangerous,I'm sure if we ever met,you would appreciate my position as I do of yours.


    QUOTE=Sidney;611812]What ways? You don't seem to have a clue about how the law works... u need to get in front of the court before these things get noticed, otherwise anomolies are treated as inconsequential.
    What risk? There was no risk to the members of the public. Or are you one of the morons who subscribe to the idea that guns are inherrantly dangerous? Just the sight of them is going to slay people in the street??
    No risk to the police either.

    The only risk here was in the response by a bunch of paranoid, ill trained illegal overaction by the police. Do you think that he made a point?

    Not my choice about how to go about it - because I don't trust either their competance or their response... thats the risk. Are you getting the point yet?[/QUOTE]
    gsp follower likes this.
    It's not the mountain we conquer,but ourselves.....Sir Edmund Hillary

  7. #67
    Member Pengy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Up in da hills somewhere near Nelson
    Posts
    7,200
    @A330driver
    Based on what you have just admitted to on a public internet forum, I would politely suggest that you are not a fit and proper person to be holding a FAL
    Forgotmaboltagain

  8. #68
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    I would say that he's about 3000% cleverer than you are fella.... your argument is invalid and whatever you believe the facts stand that he was behaving lawfully and the police were not...

    Cops are required to obey the law, don't make excuses for them. We don't want people in that job who don't obey the law. "goaded" are you fricken joking, they are required to not be "goaded.". They pulled over a driver on the side of the road, drew pistols on him and locked him up without lawful reason.

    He's not moaning, he is being prosecuted by a corrupt police force intent on covering up their behaviour.... what don't you get about that?

    Pound of flesh time coming....
    jesus paranoid much.
    you cant complain cops lump us together with firearms idiots then lump all cops in the Nazi power hungry department in the next breath.
    in the garage line off sight to the vehicle would have mitigated any siliness and commonsence would have prevailed in the bog case.
    you cant write legislation to cover every tiny point of something otherwise the arms act would be the nightmareof complexity and lawyer talk it is in other countries
    A waste of time arguing with that logic,it's not a justice system,it's a law system,are you getting the point yet..FFS!!!By your own admission you state that would not be your choice to go about it,are you getting the point yet??.Tell us how you would go about it then.

    I get your point,I get it,but you are not dealing with a rational public,or police for that matter,when it comes to gun exposure,carriage,use etc in New Zealand.The publics acceptance of visible firearms in a community after all the firearms incidents we have had in kiwi lately should be enough to push that point rightup your arse.You and I are on the same page and team,our usage and familiarity with firearms and the laws that go with them are well accepted,the general public,not so.

    I stand by my first post on this,this is nothing but a wind up on his part,whether it be lawful or not.He has attracted the attention that I believe he wanted,and now is forcing the issue and I hope he "wins".Believe me,I'm not against this joker at all,far from it,I carry a concealed firearm just about everyday,for me it's a natural occurrence.

    You state in your post,"risk",and yes I did state that,maybe not the best of words to use,so I'll use the words,"unnecessary actions"in public.He could have easily carried and concealed the firearm in a case,and no one would have ever known,.....as I stated,a wind-up,of an individual who wants to make a point!!.Ill be very interested as to how this proceeds.Are you getting the point!?

    I take exception to the ....moron comment....who the fuck are you to call anyone a moron.I own and have more guns than a bull can shit,I belong to the NRA,I have my NZ firearms licenses,I carry a gun in the cockpit for wankers who try to take my aircraft from me,....hopefully that's enough to convince you that I'm not a moron who thinks gun are dangerous,I'm sure if we ever met,you would appreciate my position as I do of yours.


    QUOTE=Sidney;611812]What ways? You don't seem to have a clue about how the law works... u need to get in front of the court before these things get noticed, otherwise anomolies are treated as inconsequential.
    What risk? There was no risk to the members of the public. Or are you one of the morons who subscribe to the idea that guns are inherrantly dangerous? Just the sight of them is going to slay people in the street??
    No risk to the police either.

    The only risk here was in the response by a bunch of paranoid, ill trained illegal overaction by the police. Do you think that he made a point?

    Not my choice about how to go about it - because I don't trust either their competance or their response... thats the risk. Are you getting the point yet?

    Share













    |

    ][/QUOTE].
    to true mate a garage and a bog he decides to carry it mag in into???not the actions of a clever clogs a martyr maybe
    both times a woman rings cops both times ashburton??
    He was seen by a woman in Timaru, where he got fuel, and one in Ashburton, who said they were concerned that someone should be carrying a rifle in the street and both phoned the police. One woman made reference to WINZ shooting murders in Ashburton a year earlier]
    be aware we aint got the full story either I wouldn't trust whale oil to far either he,s still getting over his mummy fantasies
    Last edited by gsp follower; 03-07-2017 at 02:00 PM.

  9. #69
    Member Pengy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Up in da hills somewhere near Nelson
    Posts
    7,200
    ....who the fuck are you to call anyone a moron.I own and have more guns than a bull can shit,I belong to the NRA,I have my NZ firearms licenses,I carry a gun in the cockpit for wankers who try to take my aircraft from me,....hopefully that's enough to convince you that I'm not a moron who thinks gun are dangerous,I'm sure if we ever met,you would appreciate my position as I do of yours.


    Really ?
    Forgotmaboltagain

  10. #70
    Member A330driver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Porirua/Whangateau
    Posts
    388
    Be so kind as to explain to me which part of that paragraph offends you???..and please,..please be specific rather than shooting and running away to hide



    Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    ....who the fuck are you to call anyone a moron.I own and have more guns than a bull can shit,I belong to the NRA,I have my NZ firearms licenses,I carry a gun in the cockpit for wankers who try to take my aircraft from me,....hopefully that's enough to convince you that I'm not a moron who thinks gun are dangerous,I'm sure if we ever met,you would appreciate my position as I do of yours.


    Really ?
    It's not the mountain we conquer,but ourselves.....Sir Edmund Hillary

  11. #71
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Quakechurch
    Posts
    920
    I think that this is all beyond you pilot boy...

    Your'e only a moron if you do think that.... slow down and read it carefully... Morons think that inanimate objects are somehow dangerous. If you don't then maybe you are not. Misinterpreting what is written isn't helping you here.

    The only risk in this situation was to Richard Lincoln, not to anyone else so get off it... thats his call. Its pathetic to worry about people seeing a gun for pities sake.

    The police are out of line here, way out and they have been covering their arses ever since. Its a fricken embarressment. Lets just see what the judge thinks shall we...

  12. #72
    Member Gapped axe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lake Tarawera
    Posts
    2,918
    In one of my roles I might have to seize a firearm for evidence. We have been told that if we are put in a situation where we cannot be at the vehicle whilst a firearm is in it. Then we are to secure the firearm by placing a chain thru the trigger guard and secure it to a seat. This was acceptable by the police. Obviously not perfect and a last resort. n.b I have not yet done this but this was our brief. Pretty much all PS I police cars have firearms in them (secured) but they are left in an unattended vehicle at times whist attending incidents.
    Last edited by Gapped axe; 03-07-2017 at 02:37 PM.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

  13. #73
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,674
    The only risk in this situation was to Richard Lincoln, not to anyone else so get off it... thats his call. Its pathetic to worry about people seeing a gun for pities sake
    only if you can prove the cops knew exactly who they were dealing with from the start.
    otherwise are you expecting esp as part of their limited training.
    long gone are the days of carrying your uncased bolt in rifle on nzrail /buses the worlds moved on for the worse probably but we cant go back now .
    no one person in particular can be blamed is responcible for that or can fix it.its progress apparently

  14. #74
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Stewart island / canterbury
    Posts
    4,943
    Ok folks without having anoher fight about it does anyone know whether verdict was?
    Tommy and Pineapple like this.

  15. #75
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Quakechurch
    Posts
    920
    jesus paranoid much.
    you cant complain cops lump us together with firearms idiots then lump all cops in the Nazi power hungry department in the next breath.
    in the garage line off sight to the vehicle would have mitigated any siliness and commonsence would have prevailed in the bog case.
    you cant write legislation to cover every tiny point of something otherwise the arms act would be the nightmareof complexity and lawyer talk it is in other countries
    so much to work with....

    we know how cops regard legimate firearms owners... they think that they extend priviliedge to us..

    corruption can be local or general I didn't speciify..

    Richard is making a point, this is his intention.... how do you keep missing this? dicking on about common sense is irrelevent.. do you seriously think he doesn't know how to attract less attention?

    I don't care whether you think his making a point is about common sense or not... he is making a point. That was his goal. The dickhead response is bonus time.

    The gap in the legislation is a simple fix fella, maybe it will get some attention now, and just maybe an out of sight firearm in a locked vehicle left for a short or reasonable length of time, won't make you a criminal in the future...

    or you could just continue to back an out of control reaction to lawful choices... why would you want to do that again?
    gadgetman and nevereadyfreddy like this.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Reading Wind
    By Gibo in forum Shooting
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 23-12-2014, 06:18 AM
  2. Hut reading...
    By EeeBees in forum Resource Library
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-07-2014, 06:45 PM
  3. Some interesting reading and food for thought
    By hunter308 in forum Fishing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-09-2013, 10:39 AM
  4. Sobering Reading
    By Happy in forum Off topic
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 22-12-2012, 11:12 AM
  5. Some new bed side reading
    By Kiwi Greg in forum Shooting
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 29-10-2012, 08:31 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!