Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Mates

Mates

So iv been in a bit of a conundrum for the last few days , my mate who shal not be named , Cool dood we catch up a couple of times a week or more swilling beer , he has a very cool man cave & we talk anything hunting fishing guns beer ..but just recently something has happened something that took me by surprise and shock infact at a certain point I think I was in a state of shock... so I wandered up the road pockets stuffed with cans of beer , mate has the gas heater on in the cave so its nice & toasty warm its the kind of place blokes can relax with cool memorabilia adorning the walls...so 2 or 3 cans latter somehow the conversation turns to me getting a vasectomy , no warning , seeming out of the blue...SHOCK HORROR im thinking wtf you no he had all the classic lines , it doesn't hurt , youl get more sex etc etc well I was felling very uncomfortable AND to make matters worse guess who walks in the door shortly after...my MISSEZ , now I tried my best not to think COLLUSION but its not looking good and its left me wondering if he has gone too far and crossed an unformed boundary ....
    gadgetman and Sako851 like this.
    The Green party putting the CON in conservation since 2017

May well have been collusion with your missus possibly too afraid of bringing the topic directly to your notice. She may have used your mate as the messenger for whatever reasons. Get it done! When I faced the decision many years ago I psyched up by convincing myself that firing blanks was a helluva lot safer than accidental discharges. Go ask Jacinda if you like; she’ll probably say “let’s do this.”
    Spudattack and Micky Duck like this.

Suburbs of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
    My first thought is:
    What kind of relationship does my bud have with my wife? Talking about my manhood? Shows up at his man cave?
    Probably absolutely nothing, though. Forget I mentioned it...
    Barefoot, A330driver and outlander like this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
    - William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Quote Originally Posted by OPS-4 View Post
    My first thought is:
    What kind of relationship does my bud have with my wife? Talking about my manhood? Shows up at his man cave?
    Probably absolutely nothing, though. Forget I mentioned it...
    Na, that sounds like she didnt know how to bring the topic up and asked the mate for help.

If that is the case then no harm done, just a mate trying to help.
    Must of been a shock to him too!
    Barefoot, gadgetman and Pengy like this.
    Use enough gun

the 128 stitches sting, but the jog home afterwards is the killer
    naah honestly nothing to it, had mine done at 23 or 24 before any little ones could accidentally happen

Oh the misses has made it clear for some time to me what she wants & I have made it perfectly clear what I want ...and they differ greatly , I just thought theres some scullduggery going on , and a little bit UN mately , its almost like he,s on her side & I have a gut feeling this could be a more recurring conversation next time I see my mate il take less beer & leave earlier , he can ponder for a while on why , try and play him at his own game .

Never stray outside the circle! He owes you a crate.
    Boaraxa and 40mm like this.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorlad View Post
    Never stray outside the circle! He owes you a crate.
    Best answer yet
    outdoorlad likes this.

Hit him up, none of us know what the deal is. Now you’re basically doing the same to him on here.
    gadgetman, ebf, Moa Hunter and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Hit him up, none of us know what the deal is. Now you’re basically doing the same to him on here.
    She probably, and rightly, recognises how close you and your mate are. Only two ways to find out the answers, your Mrs and your mate.
    outlander likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    She probably, and rightly, recognises how close you and your mate are. Only two ways to find out the answers, your Mrs and your mate.
    All very well , but its highly likely there will be no straight answer from either of them .

this is how I think rule 1 don't trust anyone (don't isolate yourself with this just keep it in the back of your mind ive had a so called best mate turn on me when the shits gone down)
    youd hope you would have a good enough relationship that personal things could be sorted out between the two partys affected
    id be wondering what else is going on behind the scenes as I don't think its an amazing coincidence
    these are just my thoughts as ive had similar things happen to me my approach is play dumb don't make a big deal about it and see how it progresses the true situation will reveal its self if you wait it out but we don't know you or your partner or what kind of relationship you have so we would only be speculating

Before you get the snip make sure you put a sample on ice for later. You never know what might crop up.

Quote Originally Posted by Boaraxa View Post
    All very well , but its highly likely there will be no straight answer from either of them .
    If you've not already let either party know that you have suspicions, question each individually within a time frame that doesn't allow collusion between the two of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Boaraxa View Post
    Depends HOW you ask the questions. Be confrontational about it with a scowl and they'll be naturally defensive. Shoulder to shoulder. a smirky smile on your face and a slight chuckle in your voice and you'll more likely get a straight forward answer.
    Pengy likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!