Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Maca49
  • 1 Post By deepsouthaussie

Thread: Medical/Life Insurance

Medical/Life Insurance

Who do you use? Want full medical cover accident and trauma plus 700k ish if I'm put out of action permanently (ie: cant work again) or die so we can wrap up the business and buy a house, plus 60k to pay someone to replace me if I'm out of action for a while, Just got my quote back from OnePath.... 12k pa!!
    Interesting was some of the notes within the file/quote "due to your use of helicopters for sporting pursuits" .... How the hell do they know that!? Facebook stalking?

Seems bloody steep. I'm tempted to get hold of a broker to sort out farm insurance, spose they they would deal with medical

Quote Originally Posted by oraki View Post
    Seems bloody steep. I'm tempted to get hold of a broker to sort out farm insurance, spose they they would deal with medical
    we used Crombie Lockwood to broker our farm/business stuff but they didn't want to do the personal/medical stuff

I have a broker / agent here in Tauranga, does my life cover, bloody expensive at my age but prudent in case the worse happens, buys time and the company pays, also carry a couple of hundred on my keyman through her, can email you Monday with contact? PM an email.
    They are NZ wide
    stingray, mikee and Ryan_Songhurst like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

It will just keep going up each year if u don't lock it in with a level premium cover... I use a local broker because I look being able to look him in the eye!! Partners life for medical, life and trauma, income etc. Not the cheapest in the game but has high ratings and offers a lot of non pharmac treatments if u do get I'll and traditional government funded treatments aren't working for ya.. I

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk
    Maca49 likes this.

Had to have heli hunting and free diving excluded on mine

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Who do you use? Want full medical cover accident and trauma plus 700k ish if I'm put out of action permanently (ie: cant work again) or die so we can wrap up the business and buy a house, plus 60k to pay someone to replace me if I'm out of action for a while, Just got my quote back from OnePath.... 12k pa!!
    Interesting was some of the notes within the file/quote "due to your use of helicopters for sporting pursuits" .... How the hell do they know that!? Facebook stalking?
    Hey mate
    I am an insurance broker, we regularly quote Asteron, Fidelity, Partners Life, One Path, Sovereign (+ Southern Cross and nib for heath cover)
    Fidelity seems to come out priced the best in most cases. Their policy wording is also in most cases better than the competition.
    I also like them as they are the only NZ owned business
    Hope that helps
    Cheers