Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Knives Africa

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree331Likes

Thread: Mycoplasma bovis vs TB

ebf
    Not been erradicated in a single other country
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    That too!
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

It’s never been attempted.
    Really feel for the farmers and their animals affected.
    150000 is a lot of cows, but compared to ongoing suffering and losses especially of calves every year for ever, it’s been considered the lesser of two evils. As long as it is eradicated.

And cows that have already built up a resistance to it will be killed.
    Overkill is still dead.

At the meeting I went to the B&L guy Dave Harrison openly stated that his view was that management was the preferred option, he was the only speaker to express an opinion all the rest deferred to the govt. There must have been some compelling argument to get B&L on board.
    Look forward to new levies to fund that and DNZs portion of the operation.

All tracible back to one person?
    Govts gonna pay? where the fcuk they getting the money? Don't the mean the poor old Tax payer? Ill stop there!! except to say WHO is going to prison?
    gsp follower and bigbear like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

If they do find where it’s come from, the importer might need prison for their own protection.
    Maca49, chainsaw and Micky Duck like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Govts gonna pay? where the fcuk they getting the money? Don't the mean the poor old Tax payer? Ill stop there!! except to say WHO is going to prison?
    "The Government will meet 68% of the cost and Dairy NZ and Beef and Lamb New Zealand will meet 32%".

So essentially 68% will be paid for by the taxpayer (and farmers' make up a proportion of taxpayers), and 32% by farmers through levies. That sounds fair to me because like it or hate it the countries' prosperity still rides on the cow's back.

If it is traceable back to one person or entity I guess the sanction received will depend on whether it was done knowing the risk and likely consequences, or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    "The Government will meet 68% of the cost and Dairy NZ and Beef and Lamb New Zealand will meet 32%".

So essentially 68% will be paid for by the taxpayer (and farmers' make up a proportion of taxpayers), and 32% by farmers through levies. That sounds fair to me because like it or hate it the countries' prosperity still rides on the cow's back.

If it is traceable back to one person or entity I guess the sanction received will depend on whether it was done knowing the risk and likely consequences, or not.
    mmm but unlike rcd the cosequences have been catastrophic
    im pickin a certain large operation is shitting bricks if they can trace the single strain
    i hope fed farmers re,member who ran the other way and retired from the field on this.
    the best guy can do is blame the current mob for not paying compo quick enough for the mess him and his did didly about

im not entirely sure i agree wholeheartedly tahr
    the last 9 years has taught me its a do as i say not as i do world and if the boot was on the other hoof i wonder if fed farmers would support it.
    Last edited by gsp follower; 29-05-2018 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    cos in all other countries its endemic - its through their entire cattle population and farms. In NZ that's not the case, so far its only in a small percentage of farms/herds - cold comfort for those poor farmers who face the financial and emotional stress of culls etc. But there is a solid rationale to try to stop it now, once its in & wide spread we're all stuffed.
    ebf, gsp follower and Micky Duck like this.

I think Jicinda put it rather well yesterday when she said......"she would hate to look back and think I wish I had tried harder to stop it when we had a chance" or words to that effect

we might only have a small chance of winning the battle to erradicate it completely but if we dont take that chance we will forever wonder if we couldve stopped it had we tried....
    bet the bee farmers wish a bigger effort was put into stopping virroha mite
    its going to be a shit sammie no matter how we try to cut it but we have to at least try.

Question for farmers could it have come in with palm kernel?

So,hearing lots about M Bovis in dairy cows,can anyone tell me about beef cattle @ethos
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out." -

Quote Originally Posted by erniec View Post
    Question for farmers could it have come in with palm kernel?
    No, like foot and mouth, it cannot survive outside of a host (cow) for the duration of the boat trip to NZ
    If my work annoys me, I cull them

Quote Originally Posted by Rich007 View Post
    No, like foot and mouth, it cannot survive outside of a host (cow) for the duration of the boat trip to NZ
    Asked because I saw somewhere saying it could have come in with feed.