Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By bigbear
  • 1 Post By PerazziSC3
  • 1 Post By Tentman
  • 2 Post By Moa Hunter

Thread: Needing some concreting Christchurch

Needing some concreting Christchurch

Whoís everyone go to for concerting around Christchurch-Rolleston area?
    Iím needing 21m2 done, got a quote for $76per square meter, is that pretty standard? Itís just to extend my patio out nothing flash just standard concrete.
    Any help would be great

Kind regards

Tian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Concrete is one of those jobs you only get one chance at getting it right the first time. The local concrete supplier should be able to give you a few contacts. They should be able to tell you who to go with and who not. 21m2 is a reasonable area. Ask for references and go have a look at couple jobs they have done and have a look at the finished product.
    TianBotha likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
    Concrete is one of those jobs you only get one chance at getting it right the first time. The local concrete supplier should be able to give you a few contacts. They should be able to tell you who to go with and who not. 21m2 is a reasonable area. Ask for references and go have a look at couple jobs they have done and have a look at the finished product.
    Thanks man appreciate it, I donít need it super fancy or it doesnít go around corners or anything just extended 2.4m out from this pad and then all the way along to the end

There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Just did my drive, 102m2. I bought the concrete, did all earthworks, boxing etc and paid $850 for someone to place it. $76/m2 sounds cheap if it includes everything including saw cuts materials etc
    timattalon likes this.

I work in with a builder and we do a bit of concrete work - if that includes the prep, concrete and finishing its very reasonable, miles cheaper than I'd do it for . . . . just make sure the contractor is reputable and don't pay up front!
    TianBotha likes this.

SGR
    No idea what the charge but we use "ground works" and there work is top notch

Thanks for the help guys, appreciate it, will let you know how I get on

pretty sure groundworks did our patio concrete and driveway when the house was built. great job too. and they cleaned up damn well after themselves

Looking at the one photo, the existing patio looks close to the height of the internal floor. It is required by the building code to be 100mm lower from memory, what is the measurement ? It appears that the house foundation height is too low relative to the ground height. Snow on the pad plus melt off the roof coming over the gutter = water in the house.
    Again from the photo the lawn height looks to be above or at least equal to the existing patio. The new concrete will need to have fall away from the house but where to ??? otherwise there will be serious ponding issues. The 2.4 of new concrete will need about 15mm of fall as a bare minimum IMO.
    With no height for water to drop off the edge of the pad onto the lawn a drain might need to be run between the existing patio and the new pad with the new pad having fall back towards the house. That drain then connected to the stormwater sump at the house corner - if the council allows that. Otherwise a soak pit in the lawn. Remember that to link the existing pad to a new one pieces of reo rod will need to be 'set' into the edge of the existing to 'tie' the two together otherwise in time they will move apart.
    TianBotha and bigbear like this.

SGR
    150mm from slab to hardstand I'm pretty sure . Existing patio looks sweet. Mane contracting is another good company to look at if your getting a couple quotes

Quote Originally Posted by SGR View Post
    150mm from slab to hardstand I'm pretty sure . Existing patio looks sweet. Mane contracting is another good company to look at if your getting a couple quotes
    You are probably right. I cant remember. Anyway what measurement has TB got, only looks like 50mm to the reveals IMO.
    Maybe concrete pavers on a sand bed would be the better option ??