Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch NZGR

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: never have i ever bought a cheap powertool

never have i ever bought a cheap powertool

so i always buy makita power tools usually sometimes Hitachi, but today i do not have a lot of spare cash after Christmas and thought screw it i need a 5 joule rotary hammer drill and i dont have $1000 or so for spec wise similar drill.... the Ozito is 1500w model $189 from bunnings 3 year warranty came with 2 chisels and a 8 10 12 drill bits that look pretty rubbish but we will see how it goes.......hey i got 3 years of drilling for $189? or 3 years of headaches......

I figure that if you are using them to earn a crust, then buy the best, but for DIY and odd jobbing, the cheapos usually get the job done.
    I once bought a knock off Makita 24v hammer drill and got a lot of use out it for 15 years
    stingray and Shearer like this.
    Forgotmaboltagain

I bought an Ozito large angle grinder about 5 years ago to finish a job after our Makita one electrocuted one of our staff... still going strong
    Steve123 likes this.

And u can take it back and get replaced if it craps out. Had a mate who did that with a cheapie weed eater - went thru 3-4 of them but got the job done
    JoshC and Pengy like this.

We repair them daily by the dozen. Buy once cry once. It’s all the same broke 3 ryobi belt sanders in one weekend
    It’s same stuff different day. Chinese unfit for service crap. But it will make you smile for a while Like Karcher water blasters shit junk
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

They will tell you it's not guaranteed for trade use.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    We repair them daily by the dozen. Buy once cry once. It’s all the same broke 3 ryobi belt sanders in one weekend
    It’s same stuff different day. Chinese unfit for service crap. But it will make you smile for a while Like Karcher water blasters shit junk
    My Karcher is still good as the day I bought it 20 yrs ago. Mate bought a Nlfisk water blaster and it lasted 3 2 months
    Forgotmaboltagain

There is no question it’s all shit. End of story. It’s all based on user hours and how long you remember using it for
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Now days all ya gotta do is jump up and down on social media and stuff gets replaced quick smart
    I’m having a good run with aeg tools, poor mans Milwaukee

Milwaukees a poor mans tool these days, they just charge high prices, AEG, same, both Aussie based. De what not bad tools but Geeze their service leaves a bit to be desired. Bosch ya spares come from Aussie. At least Hitachi and Makita have bases and spares in NZ.
    Hitachi name disappears from NZ in Dec this year, getting a revamp with a great new Asian name!!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    There is no question it’s all shit. End of story. It’s all based on user hours and how long you remember using it for
    My daughter bought a Bunnings Karcher special. I used it and blew the pump, was fixed under warranty, will not be fixed under warranty again, one fix only they tell me, and it can only be used in 15 min stints, then has to cool down, before the next 15! They should really give up making water blasters!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    My daughter bought a Bunnings Karcher special. I used it and blew the pump, was fixed under warranty, will not be fixed under warranty again, one fix only they tell me, and it can only be used in 15 min stints, then has to cool down, before the next 15! They should really give up making water blasters!
    They must have really gone downhill?, they used to be THE name in waterblasters.
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

Chicken Intolerant.

I bought an Ozito Jack hammer for one job at home. I had to break up 110 m2 of concrete driveway and renting a Makita was going to cost me that for a week and I did not want to do it all in a week. I priced Hitachi, DeWalt, Makita and others and most were around 4x the price. I have used the jack hammer many more times since for big and little jobs and it is still going. Worth every cent. Still cost me $500 same as Hire, but now I own it and it cost me nothing different to what I would have paid anyway. May not be as good as a Hilti, but it does what it does and it does it well. I now have a Ozito 1300 watt hammer drill, Ozito Table saw and Ozito Sabre saw. ( Trade me auction) While the saw is a cheap one, it works and for what I want it is fine. If you like the rice of Ozito, they (Bunnings) also does a Full Boar range that does have a commercial use warranty for similar money. A little more than the Ozito, but I dont mind Ozito.

https://www.bunnings.co.nz/search/pr...?q=Full%20Boar

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Arges brand from The Toolshed are not too bad. Like Tim's done, if I need a tool irregularly it works out OK so far to buy a "lesser brand" tool than hire it.
    Shearer likes this.
    The Universe is a cruel, uncaring void. The key to being happy isn't a search for meaning. It's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually, you'll be dead. -Mr Peanutbutter

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Milwaukees a poor mans tool these days, they just charge high prices, AEG, same, both Aussie based. De what not bad tools but Geeze their service leaves a bit to be desired. Bosch ya spares come from Aussie. At least Hitachi and Makita have bases and spares in NZ.
    Hitachi name disappears from NZ in Dec this year, getting a revamp with a great new Asian name!!
    milwaukee, ryobi and aeg are all made by techtronics in china/ hong kong. ive had a good run from ryobi but my milwaukee had bad batteries from day 1 and got replaced twice under warranty.
    de walt is basically a higher grade black and decker. best drill i had was a 36 volt bosch, got 7 years daily use out of it till the trigger system died and it was uneconomic to repair