Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

NZGR Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: never have i ever bought a cheap powertool

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Milwaukees a poor mans tool these days, they just charge high prices, AEG, same, both Aussie based. De what not bad tools but Geeze their service leaves a bit to be desired. Bosch ya spares come from Aussie. At least Hitachi and Makita have bases and spares in NZ.
    Hitachi name disappears from NZ in Dec this year, getting a revamp with a great new Asian name!!
    milwaukee, ryobi and aeg are all made by techtronics in china/ hong kong. ive had a good run from ryobi but my milwaukee had bad batteries from day 1 and got replaced twice under warranty.
    de walt is basically a higher grade black and decker. best drill i had was a 36 volt bosch, got 7 years daily use out of it till the trigger system died and it was uneconomic to repair

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Milwaukees a poor mans tool these days, they just charge high prices, AEG, same, both Aussie based. De what not bad tools but Geeze their service leaves a bit to be desired. Bosch ya spares come from Aussie. At least Hitachi and Makita have bases and spares in NZ.
    Hitachi name disappears from NZ in Dec this year, getting a revamp with a great new Asian name!!
    Have a lot of milwaukee gear maybe 15 pieces.I can not fault the service I have received on a couple of repairs. 3/4 rattle gun fell out of the truck cupboard at about 100km/hr, into shop at 8;30 explained the situation as it was my fault full internal replacement and back in my hand 10;30 same day no charge told they don't break.
    Steve123 likes this.

Does anyone use Festool gear?

Shortest lived tools I've had have been Makita. The oldest are Black and Decker that I bought to be the sacrificial tools for a hard job that wont die. Bought some Ozito over the last few years and they've been really good.
    timattalon likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Moved to Dewalt 20v for most things after having a 12v last for 10+ years.

Mate is doing up his house in the weekends, goes to the warehouse and buys cheap tools, then goes back the next week with any that broke and gets them replaced, going to save him 1000s but a pain in the arse returning them

Ive had a great run from makita been in the trade 15years doing 13years residential building and 2 years civil construction that's where tools get a hiding. I feel most tools are similar reliability it's how they get treated matters most, sure there's bad models and design falws, but from my current experience I dont think hilti has an advantage over the Japanese brands, unless your on a lease plan from hilti in a huge construction company it really doesn't work for the little guy as for quility between ozito and Japanese mid market tools there is definitely a quility difference, maybe hilti is better than makita etc but not double better like the price reflects..... Plus parts prices are though the roof.....
    ethos likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Markgibsonr25 View Post
    Have a lot of milwaukee gear maybe 15 pieces.I can not fault the service I have received on a couple of repairs. 3/4 rattle gun fell out of the truck cupboard at about 100km/hr, into shop at 8;30 explained the situation as it was my fault full internal replacement and back in my hand 10;30 same day no charge told they don't break.
    As an ex repair agent, I use to have there battery drills lined up for repair, drove us mad, in the end decided not to do repair work for them. Check the 3 month warranty on your chuck!
    Your just dealing with the local seller, not TTI
    AEG batteries under warranty 6 weeks del, last lot I did
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

I bought a ozito rotory hammer, 1100watts, 3.5 joule........ Then a ozito reciprocating saw......Then a ozito electric tiller, 750 watts.....All work well so far.
    timattalon likes this.

No problems with Ozito. Have DeWalt, Makita, Hitachi AEG etc... All made in China all work fine for renovations. Have to say that I love the DeWalt battery drills have 12 volt for most small jobs and an 18 volt for all the rest. The 12 volt stuff is so light you can use it all day but the impact driver struggles with 100mm 14-10 timber screws

Go the Ozito I am sure it will be better than hire fees.

.....so don’t start buying cheap power tools now, the answer is Makita as you already knew.

Add one more voice to the "Milwaukee is overpriced and under delivers" chorus

Tek gun battery fading after one year usage, Drill ok but doesn't live long - overall disappointed

took the Ozito back as it didn't have variable speed was just flat tack from the pull of a trigger, as far as i can tell it doesn't have a clutch either that is just asking for a broken wrist.
    ended up going to the toolshed and getting this guy for $299 guy did me wholesale price pretty wrapped 10j of impact has a 3 year trade warranty too cant go wrong at that price....

ToolShed Rotary Hammer Drill SDS MAX 40mm - The Tool Shed

Quote Originally Posted by turner nz View Post
    took the Ozito back as it didn't have variable speed was just flat tack from the pull of a trigger, as far as i can tell it doesn't have a clutch either that is just asking for a broken wrist.
    ended up going to the toolshed and getting this guy for $299 guy did me wholesale price pretty wrapped 10j of impact has a 3 year trade warranty too cant go wrong at that price....

ToolShed Rotary Hammer Drill SDS MAX 40mm - The Tool Shed
    What model Ozito did you get? My one I have had a few years has variable speed, and a dial on the trigger so you can set what speed it gets to when fully depressed.

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    What model Ozito did you get? My one I have had a few years has variable speed, and a dial on the trigger so you can set what speed it gets to when fully depressed.
    https://www.bunnings.co.nz/ozito-1500w-sds-rotary-hammer-drill_p00241803

I used Hilti during my plumbing times, I paid the price for it and could not fault their excellent warranty.