Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: New car time

New car time

Hay guys

Looks like my daily shit its self so looking at an upgrade.

Looking at the holden cruze TD
    There is a pre regestered new at a good price and a few aeound the 60k mark at a good price.

Any thoughts?
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

You need to buy my VW golf GT! Or somebody does, great mums car in great condition?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Cheers fpr the offer Maca but after seeing the issues a mate had with 3 of them im too scared to touch one

Biggest problem with vw is the service agents, I have had 7 vws, all of them fantastic cars but all let down by terrible service from the agents.

We have a Passat v6 now, service it privately through autocare, has done 180000km so far, only had to do the usual consumables and just done the cvs.

What issues did your mate have? There was a major factory issue with engine sludge in the 1.8t passats which resulted in a class action, but the rest are really good normally.
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

199p, bought this 7 yrs ago with 17 k on the clock, had the gearbox done then, valve bank common prob for imports, now has 74 k on clock, has had new radiator and thermostats because fwit dealer put the wrong coolant in it, gotta be pink inside! That's it, really great little car, compared to my Landrovers aaaarrrrgggghhh. New Holden, of course it's probably a Kia or some thing else rebadged should be good, had three Holden Vectras in my life and had a great run, they had there own probs but once you know you can manage them. All cars give grief! Landrovers just multiple everything by six! Good luck
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Friend has an OctaviaRS from Skoda. Huge room, diesel, goes like stink. Base model is $47k
    http://www.skoda.co.nz/models/octavia-rs/overviewrs/

If you're looking at small car range like a Cruze, check out Kia Cerato.
    Cerato Kia.com/NZ or Optima http://www.kia.co.nz/vehicles/optima

Cerato is cheaper than Mazda 3, Hyundai i30, Toyota Corolla but basically the same. More toys internally, 5 year warranty, blah blah blah. Got mine brand new at $30k, still got room in the boot for all my guns (Plano double case), sedan. Good fuel economy for sitting in Auckland traffic, does @6.9l on open road / living in a normal city. Couple of folks at work also drive a Sportage for those massive bumps in the supermarket carpark, but they're nice inside and a reasonable price.
    199p and gadgetman like this.

Got myself a golf 1.4 t great on fuel, they are bomb proof,
    Had a Audi A6 1.8t in the UK , 160,000 miles not Km, apart from service, and a clutch at 120,000miles, it was great, now if you really like spending money buy a jeep (just empty every pocket) brakes, gearbox, removal of factory fitted tow bar as they are illegal worldwide on safety grounds ( no compo)

Quote Originally Posted by Spudattack View Post
    Biggest problem with vw is the service agents, I have had 7 vws, all of them fantastic cars but all let down by terrible service from the agents.

We have a Passat v6 now, service it privately through autocare, has done 180000km so far, only had to do the usual consumables and just done the cvs.

What issues did your mate have? There was a major factory issue with engine sludge in the 1.8t passats which resulted in a class action, but the rest are really good normally.
    He had all golfs back in the uk with all sorts of problems

Quote Originally Posted by Kscott View Post
    Friend has an OctaviaRS from Skoda. Huge room, diesel, goes like stink. Base model is $47k
    http://www.skoda.co.nz/models/octavia-rs/overviewrs/

If you're looking at small car range like a Cruze, check out Kia Cerato.
    Cerato Kia.com/NZ or Optima http://www.kia.co.nz/vehicles/optima

Cerato is cheaper than Mazda 3, Hyundai i30, Toyota Corolla but basically the same. More toys internally, 5 year warranty, blah blah blah. Got mine brand new at $30k, still got room in the boot for all my guns (Plano double case), sedan. Good fuel economy for sitting in Auckland traffic, does @6.9l on open road / living in a normal city. Couple of folks at work also drive a Sportage for those massive bumps in the supermarket carpark, but they're nice inside and a reasonable price.
    Cheers man will have a look
    What are they like on the open road?

I see they are way down on power compaired to the cruze and pulsar

I do find it quite peppy. I drive to Tokoroa regularly and put foot down = go faster mode quite well

Simple to use cruise control, but it's quite a light weight car to begin with. Zillions of air bags, so you'll suffocate in a crash rather than find your foot embedded in your throat small car injury. Tank goes for @600km , and not too expensive to fill up. Def take one for a test drive. Optima is nice too, bigger in everything but a smooth ride if you're after a sedan for just driving on the roads. Tyre noise in the Cerato is there, I just turn the music up louder.

Mate had a golf. Big thing being the word HAD. No end of problems.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Skoda superb wagons are on run out at the moment.
    Great value for money and bang for your buck.

Skoda Superb Ambition TSI 118KW 7DSG Wgn 2014 | Trade Me

so far theres 12 posts of crap, get a toyota corolla (or corolla based) and drive it every day and not have to worry if it will make it work or who the fuck services it
    and have enough left over for more guns and more beer, and hell if you want a ring for the missus

Quote Originally Posted by longrange308 View Post
    so far theres 12 posts of crap, get a toyota corolla (or corolla based) and drive it every day and not have to worry if it will make it work or who the fuck services it
    and have enough left over for more guns and more beer, and hell if you want a ring for the missus
    Very true.

Now on the subject of the ring .... (I suspect I know you from somewhere )
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Def pass on the ring but will go cheek them out aswel cheers lr308