Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

NISSAN UD GW26-420 6 WHEELER TRACTOR UNIT.

Anyone in the trucking industry had anything to do with the Nissan UD GW26-420 tractor units. Know of 2 purchased new which developed a "shimmy" through the cab after 40,000 km. Both have been back to Nissan on numerous occasions and had tyres and rims changed, driveshaft's balanced etc, but the problem is still there. Seems to have been put in the "too hard basket" by Nissan whom don't return phone calls or emails anymore. Any info on other operators with the same problem would be appreciated.

I don't know bout the trucks, but I've just fixed the shimmy in my safari.
    Behaved like poor wheel balance but way way worse by the end of it. Turned out it was the panhard bar bushes in the front. Renewed them and its all good again. Could be worth a look.
    If you can just be yourself,
    You can be anything.

Quote Originally Posted by kidmac42 View Post
    I don't know bout the trucks, but I've just fixed the shimmy in my safari.
    Behaved like poor wheel balance but way way worse by the end of it. Turned out it was the panhard bar bushes in the front. Renewed them and its all good again. Could be worth a look.
    Hi, this isn't coming thru the steering, comes thru the cab. Feel it thru your feet and seat. More pronounced when unloaded.

Did they balance the drives. Some new retreads are way out, and some others develop a bulge. Could do it yourself by jacking up rear axles and putting in gear. Probably not how they'd say to do it in the handbook, but apparently it works

Quote Originally Posted by oraki View Post
    Did they balance the drives. Some new retreads are way out, and some others develop a bulge. Could do it yourself by jacking up rear axles and putting in gear. Probably not how they'd say to do it in the handbook, but apparently it works
    Nissan have fitted new rims and tyres right round, hasn't made any difference. They tell us that our 2 are the only ones doing it. Find it hard to believe that we got the only "lemons" they made.

Cab mounts ok