Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree20Likes
  • 1 Post By Feral
  • 1 Post By keneff
  • 2 Post By Steve123
  • 11 Post By veitnamcam
  • 4 Post By kotuku
  • 1 Post By gsp follower

Thread: No better than O'Connor

No better than O'Connor

Illegal guns a focus for new Police Assn president | Radio New Zealand News

Heard him this morning on the radio.
    He sounds worst than O'Connor and was a bit more evil than what is reported in the article.

He is a kiwi by the way? He sounded more Australian .

I laughed my head off when I heard him this morning on the radio.

Lots on here bagged O'Connor and said he was a law unto himself, arrogant, uninformed, making up PA policy, not representing their view etc and yardy yar.

And the new guy is saying exactly the same thing.

Playing the man gets you no where.

Just another F/Wit
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

The thing that really tears my nutsack is the mandate that NZ Police Association DOESN'T have. Its basically a union but has enough of a weight behind it to have an unjustifiably loud voice with political influence. Unfortunately, the words that keep coming out are tainted with the flavour of bullshit which sensationalises an issue, even if mistruths are rife.

From their own website (https://www.policeassn.org.nz/products-services):

Police Association services at a glance:

Improvement of working conditions and promotion of the general welfare and contentment of members
    Representation of members' interests and concerns
    Providing the official channel of communication between members of the Association, the Minister of Police and the Commissioner of Police
    Supporting members and their dependants in times of need
    Keeping members informed through forums like the monthly Police News magazine
    Negotiation of pay and conditions
    Enforcement of employment agreements and contracts
    Advice to members on employment rights and obligations and support for members who have been disadvantaged or unfairly treated
    Advocating in personal grievances
    Representing members in developing operational policing and HR policies with police management
    Political lobbying and submissions on legislation and policy decisions affecting the interests of members
    Negotiation of group benefits in co-operation with the Police Welfare Fund

So, as you can see from there, their purpose is largely "inwards looking" for issues affecting NZ Police members... on paper anyway. As we can all see though, their president has a disproportionately loud voice "advocating" for blanket firearms controls. I'm fucked if I know how cnuts like this get so much face time and airtime to send factually incorrect and misleading information to the uninformed general pleblic.
    Maca49 likes this.

Maybe he's thick an doesn't understand his new job??
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Maybe he is clearly demonstrating lack of credibility.

And the beat goes on.
    mikee likes this.
    Used to be a fine wine - now I'm vinegar.

Quote Originally Posted by Friwi View Post
    Illegal guns a focus for new Police Assn president | Radio New Zealand News

Heard him this morning on the radio.
    He sounds worst than O'Connor and was a bit more evil than what is reported in the article.

He is a kiwi by the way? He sounded more Australian .
    Maybe his members should get off there arses and start solving burglaries. That's how scumbags get the majority of them. Perhaps they can start busting gang scumbags as well. too much sleeping under motorway bridges and behind bushes gathering revenue rather than solving crime.
    Pointer and blake like this.

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk
    Tahr, Kiwi Greg, Pointer and 8 others like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

ive just read another fawning interview with this Cahill rooster in the w/e CHCH Press. well hes spouting forth re firearms controls etc etc etc ,claims hes been a rozzer for 30yrs,and how his team are gonna lobby for gun registration etc etc etc.
    Im very bloody tempted to refer him to the judgement of justice J Mallon when our palmy nth lawyerMr Grant(?NSAfounder ) took the coppers to court over the MSSA pistol grip issue, and gundocs expert testimony showed em up for the piss &wind merchants they were. Justice Mallon made it bloody clear then the way the cops were playing judge jury& executioner re firearms was well out of their mandate and she was far from impressed!!!
    if Mr Cahill and his buddies want to garner some real research on the issue ,I respectfully suggest they engage with Professor Gary Mauser of Simon Fraser University BC Canada whose acknowledged as being amongst the very elite worldwide in the whole issue of firearms legislation. Furthermore Mr Cahill contact some of your Canadian equivalents and learn from them what a horrendous nightmare there wee longarm registration experiment was ,and costly too!
    this man is destined to enjoy the word Fool being added to his CV if he goes to select committees spouting forth like he is at present. If the police cannot manage present arms legislation ,of what use will even more be apart from confusing the hell out of all and sundry ,and being endlessly barked at by irate firearms owners (who generally lack humour about this issue anyhow!!)
    Let me be clear here though -im not berating frontline staff -their job is hard at the best of times ,its the shiney a...d biro pushers and wannabee big cheeses in the blue line I dislike.

the cops get so much airtime because we rely on them to protect us and solve crime.
    sorry i had trouble keeping a straight face then.
    asking cops about gun control is like asking fat people about wieght loss
    they,d like to do it but since they have n0 idea where to start they just go for the most dractic line and start from there.
    COURSE THEY,D LIKE LESS GUNS MOST CANT USE THEM THEMSELVES PROPERLY SO WHY SHOULD ANYONE ELSE.
    well we are on the subject can someone tell how theyre gonna do 40%more work with the same number of cops???
    must be the same idea as the rest of the fucked up labour market 1 person expected to do the same as 3 for 1,s money is it.
    Steve123 likes this.