Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: no conviction for importing drugs.....

no conviction for importing drugs.....

Use enough gun

Just the happy egalitarian classless society we live in mate.
    Wonder how many political donations got made for that.

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk

if he was a rugby player ....well he might have got a cash bonus as well..... you know because of the stress of the original sentence........

Come on guys you lack emphathy! 100million, depressed, did his best to help the police, got a job that that involved overseas travel! Surely you can see the judges view? And her nice new Rolex FFS?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Good old multi-tier justice system
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

And people wonder why I am so cynical regarding the way things actually work in "godz own"
    199p, stingray, Maca49 and 2 others like this.

I read no previous convictions, small amounts imported in six packets intercepted [probably re-ordered because each got intercepted in turn?], for personal use for his mental illness and not for reselling. Nothing wrong with the judgment, seems fair overall.

The elephant in the living room is that such fairness does not get extended to everyone. Like an 18 yr old with a history of being shunted between foster families, with some sexual abuse thrown in. Such a kid will sadly get a harder deal by courts than this 51yr old (who has no such excuses, and has a proven track record of being able to walk straight for a lifetime before deliberately offending).

call me a cynic but "no previous convictions " can translate to "never been caught"
    Pengy, northdude, Tommy and 2 others like this.

Id like to see a duty solicitor use this exact case as a reference/bench mark when their next client fits the profile : zero previous convictions, drug importation, depression, guilty plea from the start.

I say let them all go free.
    Use enough gun

If you want to do dumb drunk shit with firearms, repeatedly, and lie about it when you get caught or someone gets fucking shot, be Andrew 'fucktard' Hore. If you want to smack your wife around, just make sure to be senior in a major political party. If you want to smack your missus around AND then rape her, you need to be good at sports involving an oddly shaped ball. If you want to abuse a child and get away scot free, you better make people laugh for a living (and the guy isn't even funny to be honest).

If you're an ordinary New Zealander, best you behave, because you aren't 'important' enough to get a pass... Just pay your taxes and shut the fuck up.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

I have it from an authoritative (QC) source that Justice Simon France is a tough judge.

The case made for the offender must have been good for a tough judge to make a judgment in his favour.

Link to Decision, a fairly short read. Key words: "bipolar" "period of madness"

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    If you want to do dumb drunk shit with firearms, repeatedly, and lie about it when you get caught or someone gets fucking shot, be Andrew 'fucktard' Hore. If you want to smack your wife around, just make sure to be senior in a major political party. If you want to smack your missus around AND then rape her, you need to be good at sports involving an oddly shaped ball. If you want to abuse a child and get away scot free, you better make people laugh for a living (and the guy isn't even funny to be honest).

If you're an ordinary New Zealander, best you behave, because you aren't 'important' enough to get a pass... Just pay your taxes and shut the fuck up.
    And @Tommy has just outlined exactly why you all need to support my bid for dictatorial leadership. We can all expect quite a few dramatic changes in New Zealand. Ill begin with force feeding vegans meat.
    gsp follower and Tommy like this.
    Use enough gun

Quote Originally Posted by 40mm View Post
    And @Tommy has just outlined exactly why you all need to support my bid for dictatorial leadership. We can all expect quite a few dramatic changes in New Zealand. Ill begin with force feeding vegans meat.
    I'll support you if I can be Minister of State Security and re-Education

Quote Originally Posted by Steve123 View Post
    I'll support you if I can be Minister of State Security and re-Education
    Easy does it mate, I think there is going to be a lot of volunteers for ministerial positions. You can have one or the other!

Actually I just reminded myself to check with the secretary about her opinion on ministerial positions.....
    Use enough gun

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Meanwhile in the alternate court of Rushy, the bullet has done it's job and the hungry hogs have had dinner.
    40mm likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms