Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: No thanks.

The demographics are changing

We used to have families of 4-5plus in houses, now there are 2-3 or more solo households
    Spread that same amount of people over quarter acre sections and the density of population goes way down
    With lower density it is harder to run a successful bus route/library/dairy you name it
    Also those bigger houses are too expensive for most first time home purchasers to afford

I don't like it and I choose not to live that way but it is what it is
    gadgetman and Frodo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Plenty of room in Murupara GM.
    There,s a reason for that
    gadgetman and Fawls like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chop3r View Post
    Someone large move out?
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by Chop3r View Post
    If the housing density gets too high there won’t be anywhere to hitch your horse up.
    More meplat, more better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Browning View Post
    And thats why we should be cutting down on people imports. NZ will become an over-populated shit hole where we live like battery hens. These "environmental" type people who believe in a green NZ are the same ones who believe filling up the country with people. When all that will do is cause more pollution and environmental damage to the land. Even if Maori who like to claim they are for looking after the land etc etc, I dont see any of them saying this mass immigration is a bad thing and it needs to stop. As for the South Island cutting the cable and being free of the bs of the northern law makers, it will never happen, never ever.
    Look up "Cross The Rubicon" on youtube. This guy states the unfortunate direction NZ is heading in no uncertain terms and I agree with many of his points.
    outlander likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Allizdog View Post
    Look up "Cross The Rubicon" on youtube. This guy states the unfortunate direction NZ is heading in no uncertain terms and I agree with many of his points.
    seen a few of his vids, surprised he hasnt been banned yet

Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    The demographics are changing

We used to have families of 4-5plus in houses, now there are 2-3 or more solo households
    Spread that same amount of people over quarter acre sections and the density of population goes way down
    With lower density it is harder to run a successful bus route/library/dairy you name it
    Also those bigger houses are too expensive for most first time home purchasers to afford

I don't like it and I choose not to live that way but it is what it is
    Major problem at the moment is the bullshit of not "building up" in decent sized apartment blocks. The dickhead who's name I can't pronounce economist fella has it VERY WRONG - we can't build out we must build up. All of our Class 1 arable land is where the houses were originally put when the population was 25 people, now it's 2.5mill the houses are going on the food bowl and that's a way to cause a fu*kup in short order. The only answer is freeing up the RMA to prioritise building up and ring fencing Auckland and our other cities to prevent any more sprawl.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauser308 View Post
    Major problem at the moment is the bullshit of not "building up" in decent sized apartment blocks. The dickhead who's name I can't pronounce economist fella has it VERY WRONG - we can't build out we must build up. All of our Class 1 arable land is where the houses were originally put when the population was 25 people, now it's 2.5mill the houses are going on the food bowl and that's a way to cause a fu*kup in short order. The only answer is freeing up the RMA to prioritise building up and ring fencing Auckland and our other cities to prevent any more sprawl.
    I agree

Building up and allowing medium density along established train routes would solve a lot of problems

Unfortunately AK is a bottleneck isthmus
    WN is stuffed down in a pocket that is narrow to reach
    CHCH is half built on a swamp

Bit of a cunt, that is

Odd that the leftys/Greenies keep complaining about farming too many cows etc passing wind etc.And yet seem hell bent on continuing to import masses of humans here....humans also pass wind and pollute in case they did not notice....and do far more damage than livestock ever could....

I think the Greenies and others are not so much thinking about importing more polluters as they are about importing more voters to keep them in eternal power...
    Wirehunt and outlander like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    I agree

Building up and allowing medium density along established train routes would solve a lot of problems

Unfortunately AK is a bottleneck isthmus
    WN is stuffed down in a pocket that is narrow to reach
    CHCH is half built on a swamp

Bit of a cunt, that is
    Im all for that....Nelson has not had rail for years.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.