Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Nuclear weapons

Nuclear weapons

Watch this, makes me want to thank the guy for putting in an effort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUBY6bMZn8w

And here is a link to his project, worth a look.

William J. Perry Project

Thanks Bill.
    Use enough gun

when the old man was in the navy (1950s) he went to hiroshima he has a photobook of the devastation its hard to comprehend the damage one nuke can do let alone the amount of nukes out there today (some of which are in less than safe hands)

His main fear is of nuclear power industry derived enriched uranium falling into the hands of terrorists. If it is that easy, how come Iran never managed to get enough of this together for a bomb??? The risk is a real one though, all it takes is the wrong insider changing sides.

As for "safe hands", the USA is the only nuclear power that ever used a nuclear weapon, twice, against civilians of a non nuclear nation. Work out for yourself how to best avoid that fate, and it is certainly not by living in a world dominated by the USA with no other major (nuclear) powers.

The things can't be undone, they will proliferate, and we will just have to learn to be nice and respectful to other nations.

As for Europe being the theatre of a US vs Russian nuclear war, we just have to stop printing maps with Europe in the middle, then they'll realise they can more conveniently launch bombs from Alaska and Mongolia.
    Moa Hunter and Tussock like this.

Hmmm 50/50 in the next 10 years

i wasnt really thinking a world dominated by US as the only nuclear power would be safe...... at the moment we have the US Russia France China India Pakistan Uk probably north korea Germany? i dont know Isreal maybe?........all of these countries have a history of poor leadership at times some have serious instability issues my perception of safe hands will differ from another persons opinion........why do we always look at the US/RUSSIA scenario ? because its always about click bait for the first world countrys.......no point in saying "oh it will kick off in the subcontinent...it doesnt scare the people they want to scare.......
    oh and im sure it will happen one day somewhere sometime its human nature and we will just be spectators the effect on us here in NZ could be anything from disastrous to fucked up.
    just what i think anyway

Clearly some people do not understand the true nature of the MAD Doctrine . North Korea will not even get a slim chance of firing a Nuke , but then again what does the odd bucket of sunshine between friends mean ? .

There could be other countrys with nukes as well maybe their not dumb enough to go hey look at me and why is it only the terroists that are going to blow us all up i bet when it does happen it wont be aome tin pot terroist group

The worlds natural resources are a diminishing asset in demand by an increasing population which itself is being increasingly manipulated by the controllers of commodities and currency markets. History repeatedly demonstrates the attempt to dominate by the greedy and their brainwashed fanatical employees. Nothing has succeeded in preventing this repeating cycle. It is somwhat stifled by the christian ethic but even this is now being swamped by modern media social engineering. We are our own worst enemies. Globalisation is a hopeless ideal unless the entire world becomes a controlled police state. Some want us to fall for that and have their adherents even in NZ politics and positions of power - regretably.
    Combine nuclear risks and Greed with local stupidity and overarching climate change and then realise silence and complacency are tantamount to slow self destruction of our nation and our families.
    Steve123, WallyR, 223nut and 4 others like this.

Nuclear fucking weapons......... have been unleashed and they will never be reigned in. Never.

Who would give up their MAD defence capabilities? Human nature will prevail and paranoia will ensure that those armed with these weapons will keep them at all costs.

Even IF some countries do genuinely surrender their weapons entirely, there will always be someone who will cheat.

My preferred option is for the powers that have them now to make sure no one else gets them. The more people with access to these weapons, the higher the chance of someone doing something stupid with one (be that launching one, or selling one for greed etc)

It sucks that even one is out there, but I think the best way to keep the numbers down is to deny new comers from entering the club.

The states might be a bit of a bully, but they are democratic and far less likely to use one than a lot of the other people with them.
    Use enough gun

Despite what some people may think, it remains an extremely complex and expensive operation to design and manufacture nuclear weapons - particularly those delivered via ballistic missile or ICBM. It's nigh impossible to hide such a development from reconnaissance satellites and mass spectrometry is able to detect, down to the minutest detail, very specific chemical elements that are unique to weapons grade nuclear material.
    40mm likes this.
    "I would rather suffer under imperfect freedom, than languish under perfect control".

Name:  E8B7A12D-11CB-4C3A-82CA-CE968F4A7A37.jpeg
Views: 180
Size:  163.6 KB
    Can you hear the clicking
    rossi.45 and Cordite like this.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    Attachment 104897
    Can you hear the clicking
    which one is that?
    Use enough gun

Bikini atoll?

Quote Originally Posted by Blisters View Post
    Bikini atoll?
    I dont see any girls down there, nice looking place though.
    Moa Hunter and Sideshow like this.
    Use enough gun

Quote Originally Posted by scotty View Post
    i wasnt really thinking a world dominated by US as the only nuclear power would be safe...... at the moment we have the US Russia France China India Pakistan Uk probably north korea Germany? i dont know Isreal maybe?........all of these countries have a history of poor leadership at times some have serious instability issues my perception of safe hands will differ from another persons opinion........why do we always look at the US/RUSSIA scenario ? because its always about click bait for the first world countrys.......no point in saying "oh it will kick off in the subcontinent...it doesnt scare the people they want to scare.......
    oh and im sure it will happen one day somewhere sometime its human nature and we will just be spectators the effect on us here in NZ could be anything from disastrous to fucked up.
    just what i think anyway
    Israel has them. I always thought that they'd be more likely to be either receiving or dealing them out with all the hostile neighbours, climate change and world war 2 electric boogaloo.

Quote Originally Posted by 40mm View Post
    Nuclear fucking weapons......... have been unleashed and they will never be reigned in. Never.

Who would give up their MAD defence capabilities? Human nature will prevail and paranoia will ensure that those armed with these weapons will keep them at all costs.

Even IF some countries do genuinely surrender their weapons entirely, there will always be someone who will cheat.

My preferred option is for the powers that have them now to make sure no one else gets them. The more people with access to these weapons, the higher the chance of someone doing something stupid with one (be that launching one, or selling one for greed etc)

It sucks that even one is out there, but I think the best way to keep the numbers down is to deny new comers from entering the club.

The states might be a bit of a bully, but they are democratic and far less likely to use one than a lot of the other people with them.
    South Africa and Ukraine did.

Look how well it turned out for Ukraine.

The South Africans only did it because they didn't trust the likes of Jacob Zuma.