Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: NZ Herald NZ Gun Control Article

yip lets register the lot and put down what our security arrangements are too all stored in Wanganui computer as giant shopping list for the uglies/crims to get hold of.....that makes perfect sense TUI ANYONE????
    Im sure the local mongrel mob etc etc etc will rush down and get any firearms registered too.....at this rate the brewery will have to put on another shift...
    if they are serious about the safety of our LEO people, stop tying their hands behind their backs and let then open carry ALL THE TIME...if bobby wandered down street with .12ga over the shoulder the world would be a safer place....Ill train them if they want/need me too, as Im sure would many of you if asked.
    gadgetman and Maca49 like this.

Aaaahhhh 12 gauge! My weapon of choice for the odd crime, pissie pistols and AR nope
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

The us doesn't have a gun problem and neither do we its a crime problem how about we actually start enforcing the laws rather making up new ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    gadgetman likes this.

wouldnt read this left leaning rag -its best for wiping your arse with -after all who knows shit better than other shit!
    EeeBees, carlhurley and Maca49 like this.

Ejected
    I think the US does have a gun problem. They seem to be far too accessible there. I have no doubt that limiting access to firearms would decrease the amount of shooting incidents they have there.

As for NZ. I am not against registering all weapons and am even happy to pay a yearly fee to help fund for it.
    Kscott, Josh, Savage1 and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    I think the US does have a gun problem. They seem to be far too accessible there. I have no doubt that limiting access to firearms would decrease the amount of shooting incidents they have there.

As for NZ. I am not against registering all weapons and am even happy to pay a yearly fee to help fund for it.
    Yeah registration is great. I am sure the Aussie owners of these firearms just love how it was used to confiscate their property.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  131.0 KB

i think that our licensing process is fine. introducing new laws and registry is not going to stop criminals from having guns, it will just stop hunters, target shooters and other enthusiast from having them. regestring guns has not worked in canada, the UK or australia so why would it work here?

leave it all alone and educate the anti gun nutters.

P.s does it erk anyone else that these anti gun articles always refer to "assult rifles" and "machine guns" ? the definanition of an assult rifle is one with fully automatic fire or selective fire. meaning an ar15 is not one.
    southernredneck and Steve123 like this.

Alexander Gillespie - Te Piringa - Faculty of Law : University of Waikato

Just another academic know all, trying to find a simple answer to a complex issue. Criminality and shit culture/mental health issues, much harder to address.

Look at the statistics! NZ has a lower murder rate then Australia and the UK. Even if you took all the guns out of the US their murder rate perpetrated with other weapons, knives etc. is still higher.

Funny was there not another thread on registration of guns in NZ on here.
    All licensed gun owners here in the uk must register their firearms.....did not stop the Hungerford shooting...Dunblan....
    There are two issues here Criminals and the mentally ill. In NZ your on the right track with the mentally ill as you have your partner taken into the other room for the private interview.
    Right so criminals what's happening there...you guys will have to help me there as I've no figures but what happened to the last round of pouches for a start that where rounded up....that was a gun related crime. Where did they get them from?
    What where they sentenced with?
    You need to make it serious time if guns are used in a crime and I'm not saying five years out in two with good behaviour. Ten no peroll plus what ever the crime is put on top would be a good start.
    Now there's a good thing think of all the new jobs building them prisons and policing them....
    gadgetman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post

The US has a problem with criminals and nutters. Other Countries have MUCH bigger problems.

How about if the fee was $1000?

I do not agree with more prisons as they are perfect for the gangs/crims to enlist and train more gang members/crims. I don't have the answer but more prisons is not it.
    If you can just be yourself,
    You can be anything.

Pretty much every mass shooting in the states in the last 20 years was carried out by people on prescription psychotropic meds. The only ones that weren't listed as being on them were simply a case of the perps medical records not being made available. Short answer, stop force feeding teenagers drugs for being mopey dumbasses, that's just what they are, they grow out of it and it isn't necessary.
    300CALMAN, Steve123 and Skatieguy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kidmac42 View Post
    I do not agree with more prisons as they are perfect for the gangs/crims to enlist and train more gang members/crims. I don't have the answer but more prisons is not it.
    Are my comment was tongue in cheek

Having first got my FAL and Shot Gun licence in Scotland many years ago when it was fairly easy to get. All rifles were registered with Police shot guns were not. police would always tell you its not the guns they know about that are a problem its the ones they don't know about that cause the problem. I firmly believe there should a register of guns here in NZ but it would never solve the problem. it's nearly always going to be the guns that are not on a registered that will cause most of the problems