Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Nz Superannuation changes ?

Nz Superannuation changes ?

So what's everyones thoughts on the proposed changes ?
    Few details as yet, but with a 20 year lead in time, I suspect we need more changes, and a quicker timeframe.

Just a heads up, I work for the Min of SD, so I see, and grant NZS applications every day.

Don't hold back !
    He nui to ngaromanga, he iti to putanga.

You depart with mighty boasts, but you come back having done little.
    Sounds like a typical hunting trip !

I'm 35 and it needs to happen. Sucks though, if you have a physically demanding job, such that your body is broken before retirement age.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    veitnamcam, Pointer and stingray like this.

Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    I'm 35 and it needs to happen. Sucks though, if you have a physically demanding job, such that your body is broken before retirement age.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    Im not much older and have to pay for my dads retirement and my own retirement...sucks balls but I guess if I am lucky I will die soon

What is the Min of SD anyway?
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

I'm a bit older, I don't really know what to think.
    My plans have never involved getting anything from "the government" which some people fail to realise is actually all of us!!

Mind you I don't expect to retire either just work less hard.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Im not much older and have to pay for my dads retirement and my own retirement...sucks balls but I guess if I am lucky I will die soon

Ministry of Sadism and Discipline VC. They have bondage sessions every second Thursday at 8:00 pm.
    Smiddy likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

this may be a dumb idea or a good one but my thoughts on pension and benefits for that matter should be calculated on how much income tax you have paid in nz there will be exceptions and paying tax on an unemployment benefit if you are able to work wouldnt count so if you work hard you get what you deserve and if you havnt well tough shit we give to many handouts here we must be one of the few countrys that give out free handouts and it really pisses me off as me and my kids end up missing out when we have played buy the rules

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post

Your a good bastard VC your paying for both my wife and myself as well! Better pull finger, Rushy's just about there as well!!
    veitnamcam and keneff like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    this may be a dumb idea or a good one but my thoughts on pension and benefits for that matter should be calculated on how much income tax you have paid in nz there will be exceptions and paying tax on an unemployment benefit if you are able to work wouldnt count so if you work hard you get what you deserve and if you havnt well tough shit we give to many handouts here we must be one of the few countrys that give out free handouts and it really pisses me off as me and my kids end up missing out when we have played buy the rules
    I'm with you dude! Can't believe we pay super to those immigrants, why would you let some one into the country that bleeds you and hasn't contributed? We breed enough free loaders, and cannot look after those that really need help! Pension day was yesterday I think, wahoo! Thanks NZ.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Peter Dunne has the best idea of flexi super. Retire at 65 and get a bit less each year or retire later and get more each year.
    National hasn't got back in yet so may not happen just yet. Most people also have kiwisaver now, which is on top of super. A lot of people retiring now or in the next 10 years won't have much or any kiwisaver.

[QUOTE=stretch;571295]I'm 35 and it needs to happen. Sucks though, if you have a physically demanding job, such that your body is broken before retirement age.

Sent from my SM

Thatl be me been shearing since I was 16...40 now & still silly enough to be still doing it ...I think they should leave it as it is , not thinking of my self but when I look at people I no that have passed away before they have even made it to 65 can only imagine how many more that have worked hard all there lives only to fall short , what the fuck are you supposed to do at 66 or 67 for a job anyway id be terrible behind a computer im a hunter & pecker on a keyboard & spelling is hopeless sometimes the spell check doesn't even no what the heck im on about !!..farmers not much older than me have arthritis in knees or hands from putting cups on cows , forestry workers ...I vote leave it or don't give super to useless brassards that have put there hands out all there lives & made careers out of sitting on there ass on a benefit
    keneff and nightshooter like this.

brassards ...see what I mean

I'm close to stretch in age too, I'm all for it. Start phasing it out now so hopefully by the time 20 years has passed compulsory saving has become mandatory. We simply won't be able to sustain a govt. funded super soon and private model is the only way to go like aussie. Next step - make kiwi saver compulsory for all people entering the work force from now on.

Gets my vote

What gets me is I have worked all my life except for 9 weeks when I was made redundant.
    I have a house which will be paid off well before I retire and have paid tax since the day I left school.
    A school drop out who has been on the dole his/her whole life and at retirement gets the same, if not more than me because I have a house and savings, and still lives in a state funded house paid by me

Superannuation is not means tested. You and the dole blugger and the millionaire will all get the same amount.

Fortnightly payments Before tax Taxed at M (if you have no other income)
    Single, living alone $886.86 $769.52
    Single, sharing $815.06 $710.32
    Married, civil union or de facto couple (both partners qualify) $671.48 each $591.94 each
    Married, civil union, or de facto couple*
    (only one partner qualifies) $636.20 each $562.60 each

Roughly speaking, this is how it works in Germany, your super is tied to your earnings. They contribute a la KiwiSaver, but the govt contributes as well. I think it's a good model.