Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: NZD crash

NZD crash

I expect the NZD to further crash , maybe as low as 40 cents , so expect all stuff imported to increase a lot in price ,

You might want to expand a little on your school of thought there Chris?

against what currency ?
    NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT HURTS, HOW DARK IT GETS OR HOW FAR YOU FALL , .....
    YOU ARE NEVER OUT OF THE FIGHT . (Marcus Luttrell)

USD & GBP , both lost a lot in the last few mths , we are at what 65 cents USD , and where 85 , GBP even worse at losing 20% in only a couple of mths , from 50 down to 41 pence

That is unless I am just imagining that the rates have changed markedly , if they havn't just point me to the broker that will sell me GBP at 50 pence on the dollar , because I could do with IT .

...I'm not a financial analyst, but weather it becomes true or not I hate scare mongering.
    Currency goes up and down like a yoyo, as does milk prices and fuel prices... we all want it to be in our favour be it importing or exporting as well as stable but that's life...
    Best answer is to go buy another rifle today,.. so you can use it tomorrow.
    northdude and Steve123 like this.

This is just the start / tip , so yes I could see it go easily as low as 50 cents , maybe worse case as low as 40 cents USD / NZD .
    Maybe NO one has noticed things are changing in NZ , look at stuff co nz , you only need look back 2 days , right now we are in just the start of a major forex correction , not the end or middle , worse to come .
    I have no crystal ball , but even I can see the job losses that are currently under way .

I was going to buy 2 , maybe now I NEED 3 ? , or none
    Steve123 likes this.

The NZ paseo has been over valued for some time and I agree that is beginning to correct.
    But I have little to back that up with other than opinion.
    Ebbs and flows really, you have to take the good with the bad.

YES , it has been over valued for a long time , BUT if you cannot see the large job losses that where made public a few days ago that & other factors , then you have been living a a CAVE , that does NOT have internet or TV or news papers or .....

If it goes down to 40c the country will be in the shit, joe blogs won't be able to afford stuff that's imported so will stop buying (petrol, building materials, vehicles, clothes, treat foods, etc etc ) business will collapse, more unemployment, govt can't afford that to happen. More tourists though & plenty second hand stuff being flogged on trade me.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisF View Post
    YES , it has been over valued for a long time , BUT if you cannot see the large job losses that where made public a few days ago that & other factors , then you have been living a a CAVE , that does NOT have internet or TV or news papers or .....
    Obviously I have missed something, having been overseas for the past few weeks.... That's why I asked you to expand how you you arrived at your very specific estimate of $0.40 USD.

Applies Lead Liberally rogers.270's Avatar
    I dont agree the country may actually be better off - more tourism, more export sales ie our gears cheaper they buy a shit load more as they get more bang for buck. Buying is a load more expensive but were not so reliant on imports as we are on exports. Its a balancing act. It would be pretty crazy to expect US 40c considdering a 10 year low of 49c and that was during the blow out in early/mid 2009

Were still sitting between our US10 yr low and 10 yr high it could go either way. The environments pretty volitile currently.

Similar situation in EU/GBP. - we could get stronger there however depending on russia and greece
    Addicted to gun powder

Our dollar dropped against the US$ a while ago due to our government dumping our currency in order to effect the drop aiming for 0.65. There has really been very little movement against the US since that I've seen. We briefly went up against the AU$ but that has dropped back to where it started. We are in reasonable shape and should come through OK as long as our customers do not take too much of a hit. In all these trading schemes someone wins and someone loses but we only tend to hear about the loser.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Ejected
    I have been living in a cave, what were the mass job losses?
    veitnamcam likes this.

I'm assuming he is referring to Fonterra, but they have needed a massive cleanout for 5+ yrs. Its only been the high milk prices that let them get away with it till now.
    gadgetman and JoshC like this.