Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: NZDA insurance

Home - mainland nz, actual - could be anywhere...

NZDA insurance

Does anyone have a copy of the policy/s wording (not just 10 PL cover) that you are covered under if you join?
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

So, asked for a copy of this directly from NZDA web site, as part of my decision making process of potentially joining, finally got a response today - can't send it to you, but join up and we'll send a copy.

Kind of like signing up for personal insurance, paying and then getting the fine print to read (and it missing the stuff that you actually wanted) - ie you wouldn't do it.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

If your joining merely for the insurance your probably better to look elsewhere.

No it wasn't just about the insurance - I was trying to find out what you actually are signing up for as part of the membership, and the insurance was one component that the details weren't clear to me.

And your right, I don't think that me joining is going to happen anytime soon.
    Tommy likes this.

im a member and was asking about the insurance details but still couldn't give me any info got me wondering if it really exists
    Beaker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    im a member and was asking about the insurance details but still couldn't give me any info got me wondering if it really exists
    I am sure that some sort of insurance will be in place, I don't think that they would be that stupid, however, if a member is relying on a presumed level of coverage or some hear say as to what is actually covered, with out seeing the actual policy schedules, thats a worry.

Ie in the extreme, '..... any fire created by firing of a firearm or as a result of firing a firearm is not covered....' however any fire resulting from a gas powered cooking device used in a rural setting, is covered

Could anyone comment on weather there has been a claim on the policy?

Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
    Could anyone comment on weather there has been a claim on the policy?
    I understand that the careless chaps who shot the 'flightless pukeko' had their legal representation provided under the insurance policy.
    Beaker and 300CALMAN like this.

Quote Originally Posted by StrikerNZ View Post
    I understand that the careless chaps who shot the 'flightless pukeko' had their legal representation provided under the insurance policy.
    Sort of, I seem to remember there was an argument over the excess (club sanctioned shoot, with unpaid volunteers)
    Beaker likes this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Sort of, I seem to remember there was an argument over the excess (club sanctioned shoot, with unpaid volunteers)
    This is exactly the point - on the nzda website, they say $10m PL with $1m fire coverage, but no mention of excess.
    Depending on policy, the excess on $10m PL could be easily between 5 and 200k

And who is liable for the excess? Do nzda cover it as part of membership benefits or does the claimant?
    Tommy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
    This is exactly the point - on the nzda website, they say $10m PL with $1m fire coverage, but no mention of excess.
    Depending on policy, the excess on $10m PL could be easily between 5 and 200k
    That's a lot of wobble
    veitnamcam and Pengy like this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    That's a lot of wobble
    Yes.

I've joined for the simple reason I feel I should belong to some form of firearms lobby/group (even if they don't do much or I have much involvement) the insurance is just a bonus and I hope I never need it
    mikee, 300CALMAN and Mathias like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    I've joined for the simple reason I feel I should belong to some form of firearms lobby/group (even if they don't do much or I have much involvement) the insurance is just a bonus and I hope I never need it
    same reason for me, and the local has a great range facility although I don't use it as much as I once did as i found somewhere better in terms of range (ie more than 200m)

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    same reason for me, and the local has a great range facility although I don't use it as much as I once did as i found somewhere better in terms of range (ie more than 200m)
    And far easier access .
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Joined mainly for range use but havnt used it for the past year. Never mind might get there this year..