Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NZs native lizards

Anyone had much to do with them? Saw a big forker this morning - couldn't tell you what it was other than a large Gecko. Anyone come into contact with them regularly?

What colour was it ?. I seen a jeweled geko once wallaby shooting . They are cool , there colour is pscodelic green and they are big 150 mm to 200 mm long . Both me and the dog where looking at it WTF is that . Emailed doc to find out more , phone rung straight away the doc guy was fussing at the bung to find out I had seen one in the area I was . I'm just glad the dog didn't think it was worth a tast test .

It was grey, on a large manuka stump, would have been five inch long? Only noticed it because it moved, really well camo'd on manuka!

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Mohua on the FnH forum appears to be well versed with the ID of NZ reptiles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Universe is a cruel, uncaring void. The key to being happy isn't a search for meaning. It's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually, you'll be dead. -Mr Peanutbutter

I googled jeweled geko and found them straight away ,it's comes up heritage selection and there is every lizard geko and skink in nz on there it's a real cool site . Sorry I'm shit at computers or I'd put the link up

Bi of info here.New Zealand lizards: Native animal conservation
    They are cool little critters. I saw a small jewled geko above fighting bay a couple of years ago, colour didnt look natural it was so bright.
    Rules are for the obedience of fools
    and the guidance of wise men” Sir Douglas Bader.

Munsey simplest way to link is when your on the page just hightlight the address right at the top ie http//www.somesortofshit.co. right ckick on it,click copy in the drop down then come here start your reply, right clikck where you want to put the link and in the drop down click past.

Testing I'm sure I'll still manage to stuff this up Jewelled Gecko

Quote Originally Posted by Munsey View Post
    Testing I'm sure I'll still manage to stuff this up Jewelled Gecko
    Spot on

Quote Originally Posted by sneeze View Post
    Bi of info here.New Zealand lizards: Native animal conservation
    They are cool little critters. I saw a small jewled geko above fighting bay a couple of years ago, colour didnt look natural it was so bright.
    Fighting bay ? Is that in the sounds ? . They would be a rare sight up there I would have thought . You are right the colour is not natural , my hunting mates thought I was on the drugs when I was explaining it . That's why I got hold of doc to make sure I wasn't seeing things . The doc man was the one who explained they are psycodallic in colour . Very cool to see in the flesh .

Spot on
    Now all I need to work out how to put a like up and those face thingies

sturg4
    I have got to concentrate on a like and a few other things yet to.

Years ago up in the Ruahines the dog and put up a lizard on the track down to Makirikiri Hut. I had never seen the like of before so I managed to capture it and get some photos of it to send to DOC.

It was a fascinating green creature with a startling blue gob.

Well I got a letter back from DOC saying they had identified the creature as the Northland green geckoe and they went on to say it was the futhurest south the creature had ever been found.

I note though some of the sites claim this lizard is not found south of Whangaparoa. I think there must be a fair territorial overlap with some of these species.

Quote Originally Posted by Munsey View Post
    Fighting bay ? Is that in the sounds ? . They would be a rare sight up there I would have thought . You are right the colour is not natural , my hunting mates thought I was on the drugs when I was explaining it . That's why I got hold of doc to make sure I wasn't seeing things . The doc man was the one who explained they are psycodallic in colour . Very cool to see in the flesh .
    Yes fighting bay is where the cables leave the SI to stop the NI from drifting away. We where running a new fiber optic from picton a while ago.
    To add a smily just click on the orange smiling face in the tool bar( next to the big A) when you are replying and then click on the one you want.

Yes fighting bay is where the cables leave the SI to stop the NI from drifting away. We where running a new fiber optic from picton a while ago.
    To add a smily just click on the orange smiling face in the tool bar( next to the big A) when you are replying and then click on the one you want.
    Don't get the orange smiling face or the big a , May be it's a IPad thing , can't post a like either .? Wtf

where you type your reply is there a tool bar at the top? A bar with little symbles in it?
    To like something just click the like in the bottom right corner of the post you wish to like.

Ah the ipad thing?, scroll to the bottom of the page and select full site? or might be shiny green on the ipad.
    Last edited by sneeze; 24-07-2012 at 01:41 PM.