Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree27Likes
  • 4 Post By Gibo
  • 10 Post By tanqueray
  • 1 Post By timattalon
  • 3 Post By Rushy
  • 6 Post By 40mm
  • 2 Post By gadgetman
  • 1 Post By Sideshow

Thread: Oh my god, Cahil is making sense.........

Oh my god, Cahil is making sense.........

I was reading the paper (Press) today and there was an editorial. I read it because the headline was suggestive of firearms, but it turns out it was about twits running from Police. I stuck through and read the entire piece, and bugger me days, Cahill (Yes, I checked it was the same one) was making some very good points and making sense.

When discussing fleeing drivers he makes comments such as "Unlike Australia, New Zealand has a significant youth offending problem. The vast majority of fleeing drivers are males in their twenties or teens." He is against moves to drastically change the scope for Police pursuits as the current police is already heavily regulated with an 18 page operating manual. And he also asks "In a bid to turn the tide on our epidemic of fleeing drivers, the government could at least implement one central plank from the Police association election year wish list; Make the penalty of failing to stop not just a mandatory license suspension, but mandatory vehicle impoundment. And f the fines remain unpaid, the vehicle confiscated and sold. They also want recidivist fleeing driver JAILED. In Aussie, failing to stop garners mandatory jail time. He also wants action on another issue. Drivers who flee often get off scott free because the owner of the vehicle is tracked own post incident and usually refuse to name the driver. Our blue line needs to be backed up and emboldened, not neutered.

This was in response to the needless death of the lady in Nelson by the two twats fleeing the police.

Didnt they say most vehicles in pursuits are stolen and they try to stop them so no further crimes are commited? Fat use impounding nannas mitsi
    veitnamcam, Fawls, Cordite and 1 others like this.

Cahill making sense?

Name:  D7436196-9F86-493A-855C-8B31144662CF.jpeg
Views: 265
Size:  39.4 KB
    veitnamcam, gadgetman, ebf and 7 others like this.
    More meplat, more better.

Quote Originally Posted by tanqueray View Post
    Cahill making sense?

Attachment 84504
    I too suspect aliens have abducted him and placed a facsimile as a replacement. They haven't quite got it right.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Didnt they say most vehicles in pursuits are stolen and they try to stop them so no further crimes are commited? Fat use impounding nannas mitsi
    That may e the case, but I still think there needs to be a sizable dterent to fleeing rather than a reward (escape). I think he is on the right track here,. They also said that one thing that stops them fleeing, and was referred to in the headline, was that

Name:  fleeing.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  162.0 KB

While I am not really keen on seeing our constabulary carrying firearms, I also do not wish them to be vulnerable when we need them "in harms way". I would hope that people would respect their tasks, duty's and uniform enough that firearms are not needed, but we all knw there are too many scum bag oxygen thieving arsehols out there that sometimes this level of force is needed. If I ever need a cop to turn up, I do not want them to delay because they have to bring a baton to a gun fight.....
    WallyR likes this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    How cool would it be if we gave the Police James Bond type cars that had machine guns and rockets and spewed oil on the road when they got in front of the offenders? Indulge an old man's fantasies.......
    Marty Henry, WallyR and 223nut like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    That may e the case, but I still think there needs to be a sizable dterent to fleeing rather than a reward (escape). I think he is on the right track here,. They also said that one thing that stops them fleeing, and was referred to in the headline, was that

Attachment 84520

While I am not really keen on seeing our constabulary carrying firearms, I also do not wish them to be vulnerable when we need them "in harms way". I would hope that people would respect their tasks, duty's and uniform enough that firearms are not needed, but we all knw there are too many scum bag oxygen thieving arsehols out there that sometimes this level of force is needed. If I ever need a cop to turn up, I do not want them to delay because they have to bring a baton to a gun fight.....
    Personally i would'nt be a cop without a side arm. BUT.... on the other hand, I would'nt trust the police to train themselves enough to safely handle firearms. Iv had personal experience with armed cops and they managed to unload a rifle while pointed at my neighbours house shortly after suggesting the safest place for me to shoot was towards the primary school near my place.

If the cops are to be armed, they need to train with that hand gun like the SAS do. It needs to be a natural extension of them and put holes in the A section, not walls and parked cars and bystanders etc.
    Use enough gun

Let the cops carry and use tasers when they think they need too with out all the bull that goes with it

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    and spewed oil on the road when they got in front of the offenders? Indulge an
    I don't think we want them to go back to British cars.
    timattalon and Fawls like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Would need a decent taser to stop a car.

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    How cool would it be if we gave the Police James Bond type cars that had machine guns and rockets and spewed oil on the road when they got in front of the offenders? Indulge an old man's fantasies.......
    How cool would it be to have a couple of Exocet missiles on the front of our cars Rushy, shit we’d sort the traffic probs!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Yep it's a trap....he wins this then "hey guess what this works! let's now turn and try my suggestions on firearm owners "
    timattalon likes this.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

auzzie no youth offender problems?? since when?
    even a stopped clocks right twice a day but i wouldnt give cahill that much credit.
    this is the'' twat with the nipple on his hat'' that wanted registration of all guns something police bemoaned the cost in time and moneymany moons ago.

I recall a TV interview in an unnamed European country, early 1980s. Boy 14 with mate, stole car, not stopping for police. Felt a kick in his back, then crashed car, pulled out of car by first cop arriving. Camera zooms out and reveals he's in wheelchair. All courtesy of a .32ACP and a Walther PP. Boy will be in his mid-50s now.

Not making any points with this, except the general one to respect firearms and to always point any firearm of yours in a safe direction. And .32ACP is no toy cartridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    How cool would it be to have a couple of Exocet missiles on the front of our cars Rushy, shit we’d sort the traffic probs!
    now listen macca -stop stealing my friggin sloutions to lifes problems OK
    now you do realise of course some nice large gents in white smocks could pay you andRushy a call and you could end up in my care ???
    yes i know we three old farts would be as happy as larry ...but
    and its a big BUT
    BIGGER THAN AN ELEPHANTS BUTT
    could the bloody rest of NZ cope?????

PS-hope to get homebreww 357 turning up the nose cones on his lathe shortly.traffic light red do for a colour??