Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mikee
  • 1 Post By logesearle

Thread: Onkyo

Onkyo

I've got an onkyo amp that has something wrong with it any one know much about repairing this kind of thing or if its worth it its an a 801intergrated stereo amplifier cheers

SiB
    Try google. Good brand tho I don't kno that specific model. I assume you've done the basics and isolated if it's one or both channels etc

I don't know much about electronics

Can you describe what is wrong with it?

I'm not fully up there with this kind of thing but it seems to stop working on one speaker every now and then and when I start fiddling with the wires and plugs on the back of it it would sometimes start going again but not any more so far I took it to work and pulled the top off and blew all the dust out of it I'm guessing a problem with a connection

Sounds like connection, have you tried new speaker wires?? Depending how old they are they may need replacing, try a couple of meters on each first before shelling outdone meters. Where are you based

Sent from my E2353 using Tapatalk
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

dry joint on the amplifier module where its soldered into the pcb (assuming it uses a module rather than discrete components)
    but........................if you aint sure what ya doing then you could make it worse or have a shocking experience or both.
    Beaker likes this.

Its got new speaker wires I'm 40 min northwest of dorkland I guess I need to take the circuit board out that the speakers are hooked up to and have a look at it it doesn't go at the moment so can't really make it worse

What does the module look like the bits I recognise are a transformer circuit boards and some heat sinks with something mounted on them

Like others said its probably a connection.. Sounds like it will be at or near where the speakers are hooked up to the amp so you probably don't need to play with any circuit board too much
    gadgetman likes this.

Onkyo isnt shit so worth repairing.

+1
    I had a Onkyo Home theatre amp last year and shit it was good. I've only seen good reviews of them too

Thanks for the replays before I go and take it apart I might just try a different set of speakers on it I've got a pair floating round somewhere then work my way in

Home - mainland nz, actual - could be anywhere...
    Could even be as simple as a shit joint onto output posts ie the wriggle and it worked thing..... But my money is on mikee with a dry joint somewhere.....
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....